PDA

View Full Version : To Ottawa Wing Chun Students(from former)

buddhamonkrich
08-29-2001, 05:53 PM
Is anyone on this board a former student of sifu Paul Barrington? Or maybe still is? Especially any of his former senior students(class of '97,'98); I'm curious as to where Paul has fallen off to. And what exactly has happened that some of you of those dates afformentioned have left?

I'm really curious and confused, as one former si-hing of mine wished not to discuss the matter with me and no one else can be reached.

And if you are there Paul...what's up! Can I reach you?

Any info would be appreciated.

Peace,
RichMan :confused:

MasterPhil
08-29-2001, 08:35 PM
Sorry man, this is too funny, I can't help myself. They say history always repeats itself...

I was his senior student in '95-'96 (around there anyway, after more than a year, time becomes fuzzy for me). But I did not have any direct contact with him after.

"one former si-hing of mine wished not to discuss the matter" -- Same here.

My only advice: Move on... but not to Patenaude's!

ST

Surrounded by chaos, the true taoist laughs...

buddhamonkrich
08-29-2001, 09:20 PM
I quite agree with the Patenaude remarque. Were you there when we were located on Bank street? With the Emporer store?

Maybe we trained together...

Peace,
RichMan. :D

MasterPhil
08-30-2001, 12:10 AM
Who's the si-hing you are referring to?

If you wish to resume your wc studies, I would probably recommend you to go check Patrick Gordon's school. He's fine and has a central location. If you were already a high sash in the sunny tang lineage and insist on continuing in the same lineage, there is also Walter Jackimzcuk but he's pretty far from Gat.

ST

Patrick Gordon
08-30-2001, 05:04 AM
Hey Richman & Silent Thunder,

Your old Si-fu is taking a break from teaching so i am told. I to could tell you more but do not wish to do so because I don't know the story well enough and would perfer someone else who did know tell you. No need to worry about him.
Thanks Thunder guy for saying I was worth visiting for instruction and I would like to also say, if rich guy would like to stay within Sunny Tang's umbrella, I suggest he visit Walter's Si-hing, John Peluso. John is the highest ranked person within Sunny Tang's group here in Ottawa and he is very good, without any hidden agenda or politics.
take care and why don't the both of you consider attending the seminar I am hosting for Augustine Fong, it will be well worth it. take care, regards,

Patrick Gordon.

MasterPhil
08-30-2001, 05:41 AM
Seriously though, to each their own path. Explanations do not matter because irrelevant. To say anything would only be spreading rumours about somebody's private life.

Patrick : Thanks for suggesting John Peluso. I wanted to mention him but had a blank at the time I wrote my post. I do not know where he teaches though it must not be too difficult to find. Congratulations on your school. I have been wanting to stop over to say hi for a couple years but like so many other things, I haven't done it yet. Thank you for the invitation to the seminar. It is truly great that you bring A.F. to Ottawa. I first intended to go but recent events in my life (our government is an endless pit of stupidity!!!) means I'll have to eat lotsa macaroni for the next few months. I don't do much wc anymore anyway (just forms) as I keep working on my hg.

ST

buddhamonkrich
08-30-2001, 03:27 PM
You're right guys...letting matters go is probably best.

Gordon, I check out your school on the web and have noticed your name on a few flyers. Still thinking.

Silent Thunder...who the hell are you!? Have we met before? I worked for the Emporer in '96 for 3-6 months. If you want a good laugh, check out Paul's web site. Go to pictures and ceck out the class of '97. I'm the tall bald guy in the very back. Don't I look peacefull?(lolll)

Peace,
RichMan :cool: