PDA

View Full Version : BLOG for the 11 Year old

Oso
11-10-2004, 07:43 AM
ok, spinning off of the TUT thread about my 11 year old student.

Did the pushups last night w/ the mats stacked up.

He got 3 good pushups off of a stack of mats 24" high.

I talked w/ him about the need to do the exercise with the correct form and that it was more important to do a lesser number correctly than a higher number poorly and that he would get stronger faster this way.

I explained to him that from a base of 3 we would shoot for 5 good ones then drop 2" off of the stack of mats and stay there until he could do 5 at that level and eventually work our way down to where he was doing 5 good ones on the floor.

what do you guys think of that progression?

Ford Prefect
11-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Looks good. I actually recommend a silimar progression for doing a proper 1-arm push-up. ;)

Ming Yue
11-10-2004, 09:12 AM
FWIW Oso, he responded better to the detail work the rest of class as well.

rubthebuddha
11-10-2004, 09:18 AM
three points for team oso. :)

Oso
11-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks, Ford.

three points for team oso.

:D

I meant to say the MY would and could chime in as well since she actually spends more time with him than I do.

and, MY, I did seem to notice that he did pretty well the rest of class but actually chalked it up to the fact that you seemed to be in the groove as well.;)

Ming Yue
11-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks Sifu. :D

I talked to him some about playing more to his strengths, which pumped him up - but he generally motivates well for me.

Do his full situps with the double cross punching drill, he digs that and will crank out 10 more than usual. I'm thinking about holding the mitt for the scissors as well - any thoughts on that?

IronFist
11-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Nice. The mat idea was better than my stair idea because it allows for more gradual progression.

Good work.

Oso
11-10-2004, 11:20 AM
;) at MY

'scissors' as in leg lifts? sounds good.

While we're sorta on the topic of kids training:

The one thing I've had to do w/ every kid/teen that has come in is talk about eating.

I've got a 17 year old that eats nothing but hot dogs. No ****. Won't eat vegetables, hardly eats at all from what his mom says.

I've had to emphasize that if you want to do any sort of physical training you must eat right.

What the hell are parents doing?

Vash
11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Oso

Judging by the physiques and attitudes of our current crop of kids? Sticking their collective thumbs up their collective asses whilst banging their collective heads against a brick wall, all while screaming "I'm a good parent, ******!"

Oso
11-10-2004, 11:48 AM

funny

yea, I had to explain the relationship between protein/muscles/strength.

after talking with some of them I realized they weren't even hitting the USRDA for protein much less for any sort of training regimen.

I told them A) do their own research and B) at least try to intake the USRDA.

IronFist
11-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Oso
after talking with some of them I realized they weren't even hitting the USRDA for protein much less for any sort of training regimen.

Wow, the USRDA is like 60g. That's not much at all. I guess it's a good amount if you like to sit around and watch tv all day.

Oso
11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
right, 60 for men and 45 for women.

But, as an untrained, uncertified nobody I'm not qualified to say anything else.

that's why I tell them to do their own research.

my own guide for just normal sorta training is 1/2 my bodyweight in grams of protein...which is, ahem, about 120 grams a day.

I've talked different approaches with students I've had for a while and trust has developed. but, I still qualify what I say as my opinion.

Also, these are teens who weigh between 110-140 so if they are actually getting 60 grams then that's not to bad, imo.

but, all that is why, as soon as I have $400-$600 to spend, I'm gonna get some education and certification.

Vash
11-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Oso
but, all that is why, as soon as I have $400-$600 to spend, I'm gonna get some education and certification.

Slightly OT, but a certification doesn't mean jack **** in regards to education or mastery of the given subject. It just means you dropped some serious dime and have a rudimentary knowledge of the science and application thereof.

Even more OT, a certification, even when coupled with a certain understanding of the science and the application thereof, and the people skills necessary to effectively get the job done don't guarantee employment . . . even if you were guaranteed it beforehand . . . ****in *******s . . .

Serpent
11-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah, but it does mean that he can give advice in class and not be sued for it.

Well, he's less likely to be sued for it.

Although, you guys are in America............ :eek:

;)

Vash
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
We are a sue-happy people.

Or a completely bat-**** insane people, I've yet to decide on that.

Oso
11-10-2004, 06:54 PM
well, I did put 'education' before 'certification'

Vash
11-10-2004, 06:58 PM
And yet you want people to take you seriously? :D :p ;) :eek:

Toby
11-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Oso
I've got a 17 year old that eats nothing but hot dogs. No ****. Won't eat vegetables, hardly eats at all from what his mom says.I heard on the radio a few months back about a teenager in England who only ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Doctors checked him out and he was in reasonable health. His mother said that's all he'd eaten since he was a young child. I can't find a link.

Serpent
11-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Vash
We are a sue-happy people.

Or a completely bat-**** insane people, I've yet to decide on that.
I'd go with both. At least.

Serpent
11-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Toby
I heard on the radio a few months back about a teenager in England who only ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Doctors checked him out and he was in reasonable health. His mother said that's all he'd eaten since he was a young child. I can't find a link.
Dude, if he was in England that'd be peanut butter and jam. Don't give in to the American cirruptions of our language! :mad:

:p

Toby
11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
DudeAmerican, anyone? ;)

Yeah, it kind of ****es me off to do it, but I do it all the time on forums. Problem is, Iron can't understand me when I write proper English :D. Whereas Aussies and poms understand me when I write American. Not to mention besides you and me everyone else on the thread is American. Do they even know what jam is? How about queues? A fortnight? :p

rubthebuddha
11-10-2004, 11:01 PM
don't even get started on metric. iron would **** himself again if you got back on that kilograms kick.

Serpent
11-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Aaarrrgghhhhh! Don't give in to them!

(Heh, and I spelt corruptions wrong above! :o )

Toby
11-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Yessss. Yes, you did. But I let it slide, BL :p.

Serpent
11-10-2004, 11:42 PM
*ACK!*

Oso
11-11-2004, 04:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly

apparently not a corruption of language but an entirely different product.

Becca
11-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Only different to us, Oso. Limeys do not distinguish between the two.

Toby
11-11-2004, 06:44 AM
:confused: Did you read the links?

Jam is a type of fruit preserve. It is a way of preserving fruit by boiling it with sugar to make an unfiltered jelly.
Jam which has been filtered to remove pulp and make it clear is called jelly.

Jelly is a sweet or savoury food gel ... Sweet food gels include gelatin desserts such as Jell-O and blancmange or fruit jam.

They're basically the same thing. Over here, though, we call Jell-O jelly and jam jam. You wouldn't hear people calling jam jelly. In England you might - dunno.

Serpent
11-11-2004, 06:50 AM
They're basically the same thing. Over here, though, we call Jell-O jelly and jam jam. You wouldn't hear people calling jam jelly. In England you might - dunno.
Nup. England's the same as Oz.

Becca
11-11-2004, 07:14 AM
:confused: Did you read the links?

Jam is a type of fruit preserve. It is a way of preserving fruit by boiling it with sugar to make an unfiltered jelly.
Jam which has been filtered to remove pulp and make it clear is called jelly.

Jelly is a sweet or savoury food gel ... Sweet food gels include gelatin desserts such as Jell-O and blancmange or fruit jam.

Calm down, Toby!;) :p There is a differnce here in the US. Jelly is translucent, Jam is not, and Preserves is mashed fruit with pectin but no added sugar.

Toby
11-11-2004, 07:20 AM
I meant Oso, not you Becca ;). You posted while I was previewing my post, so I added in the last little bit about England which made it seem like I was responding to you. Anyway, point is we don't call it jelly in Oz unless it's Jell-O.

Becca
11-11-2004, 07:24 AM
I know that. I was giving you a guidline to what most of us call the various products.:)

Ming Yue
11-11-2004, 07:45 AM
there's always room for Jello (http://www.cmsaunders.free-online.co.uk/dissidents/pics/biafra.jpg).

Oso
11-11-2004, 10:19 AM
my point was simply that here in the states there is a distinction between the two although jelly could be a subset of jam maybe.

Oso
11-11-2004, 01:05 PM
ok, 2nd day of pushups:

he got 3 decent ones and squeaked out 2 more w/ lots of body contorting.

norther practitioner
11-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Good for him....
It may take a little while, but he'll get it if he stays motivated. Oh, and the jam jelly thing is the other way around OSO

Oso
11-11-2004, 02:16 PM
like so many other things here I don't really understand why any one really ****ing cares what someone else calls what they spread on their toast.......

but, thanks for the motivational...it's kinda cool to be able to spnend so much time working with just one kid versus 20.

IronFist
11-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Do they even know what jam is? How about queues? A fortnight? :p

Jam = jelly (kinda, in America). Isn't one made of real fruit and one is artificial?

A queue is a line. Well, we use it when referring to jobs that are waiting to run in mainframe (they're "in queue"), but doesn't it normally mean waiting in a line at a store or something?

A fortnight = two weeks, like the Wimbledon.

IronFist
11-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Oso
my point was simply that here in the states there is a distinction between the two although jelly could be a subset of jam maybe.

Dude, we distinguish?

Well, ok, honestly, when I was a kid all I ever heard was "jelly," and I'm pretty sure that's all I ever ate. I just assumed they were the same thing.

What exactly is jam?

Toby
11-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Iron, when I was in North America there were a bunch of people who didn't know what a queue was. Lineup was all they knew.

Fortnight? You're the one who gave me **** over that one ;).

rubthebuddha
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
What exactly is jam? sweet ****ing jebus, dude, you're worse than bl. the limeys and aussies even gave you links to work with, yet you still won't look. :D

Oso
11-11-2004, 08:21 PM
ahem, I provided the link.

AND, as I learned it from my grandmammy, Jam is just fruit and added sugar. Jelly is with the added pectin which thins it out a bit. The biggest difference is that when she made jelly she strained the entire concoction through cheesecloth to strain out the fruit solids...which she tended to add back in to other concoctions when making preserves or marmalade. So, the jelly ended up clearer because of the lack of solids.

sheesh, and aren't we the biggest group of ****ing morons on the planet arguing about the god**** differences between jelly and jam. put it on yer **** toast and if it tastes good, keep eating it.

once again the biggest problem hear at KFM...the overcomplication of the simplest things.

Toby
11-11-2004, 08:35 PM
:mad: What a grumpy spoilsport :mad: This is important stuff Oso!

Oso
11-11-2004, 08:40 PM
:p :D

sure, but don't you see the parallel between this and every other inane argument that happens here?

"no, no, no...the foot must be turned at a precise 33 1/3 degree angle off of centerline for that dim mak technique to work"

"NO, my sifu learned from him BEFORE he went insane"

:rolleyes:

;)

ahhhhh, I feel so much better now. just need a bourbon & ginger ale and I'm off to bed with a cleaner conscious and a bright shiny soul.....

Oso
11-11-2004, 08:42 PM
AND, FTR, my grandmammy was just 3rd generation scotch-irish...and made some hella good jam and jelly....never liked the preserves or marmalade cuz I hate little bits of stuff floating around in my food.

Toby
11-11-2004, 08:46 PM
I'd rather argue about jam vs. jelly ;).

Originally posted by Oso
never liked the preserves or marmalade cuz I hate little bits of stuff floating around in my food.:mad: Don't get me started about stuff vs. no stuff. Stuff all the way! Pulp in orange juice? ****, yeah! :D

Originally posted by Oso
ahhhhh, I feel so much better now. just need a bourbon & ginger ale and I'm off to bed with a cleaner conscious and a bright shiny soul..... Bourbon and bed? It's 11:45a.m. here. Hmmm, sounds like an idea ...

Oso
11-11-2004, 08:50 PM
well, it's 10:45 pm here, wuz at work at 6:30 am, PT for my shoulder at 8am, back at work at 8:45 to run sound for (here's on for the brits) the great grandson of Charles ****ens....GERALD ****ens...as he put on a one man show of "A Christmas Carol" (not bad really but i had to sit through two showings of it) then work the rest of the day and then class from 5:30 - 8:30...so, i'm a bit tired....

rubthebuddha
11-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Stuff all the way! Pulp in orange juice? ****, yeah! :D toby has canned the correct, spread it on his toasties and made the rest of you look like stuff-less and pulp-less *****es. :mad:

Ming Yue
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Oso, remind me to teach you how to cuss on the forum.

you really should be able to type Dickens.

Toby
11-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Lol! I almost replied with "Charles ****ens? Who the **** is Charles ****ens?" but I thought rub might get upset :p.

Delete at will, baletion monster ;).

Serpent
11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Oso
AND, FTR, my grandmammy was just 3rd generation scotch-irish
Aaaarrggghh! She abso-****ing-lutely was NOT! :mad: She may have been 3rd generation Scots-Irish.... It's debatable that there is nothing that annoys (us) Scots more than being referred to as whiskey. We are Scots - we drink Scotch.

Got that?

And bits all the way, in jam and juice. :mad:

:p

rubthebuddha
11-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Delete at will, baletion monster ;)
Originally posted by Serpent
(Haha, I love it when mods circumvent the language filters! ;) ) i may be a wanker at times, and i may be biotch at other times, but i at least try to avoid being a hypocrite.

i don't care much about language; i care more about intent. if i tell toby that he smells like a hobo's diaper, then most of us (e.g. those that don't know better) will simply take it in jest. however, if i tell another forumite that isn't on my good list (e.g. someone with whom i wouldn't share the ginger rib recipe) that he or she smells like ted nugent's bedpan, my intent wouldn't be one of friendly ribbing and, thus, i would deem it inappropriate.

Becca
11-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Sorry about the hyjack, Oso. I for one have been following you blog because, as a mother trying to get my kids as into training as I am, I find your insite helpfull. I will contain my goofyness to the main board from now on.

Ming Yue
11-12-2004, 05:10 AM
Hey, can I get that rib recipe?

;)

Oso
11-12-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Ming Yue
Hey, can I get that rib recipe?

;)

me too!

no worries, Becca, I don't mind the hijack, it's been fun.

the kid is only at class on Wed & Thur so it will be several days before the next update.

my own two cents on getting your kids is the same for us (ma's) trying to get anyone we love to enjoy what we are so passionate about: you can't and shouldn't force it. if it interests them then great but the worst thing you could do is force feed it to them.

good luck.

Serp: :p ok, you're right and I knew that.

now I shall have some toast and jelly with my morning coffee.

Becca
11-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Cool.:cool: I just didn't want to insult you by continuing the rant on stuff floating in my jelly thing.

For The Record:

Preserves has no sugar added. I learned to can from similar sources.:mad: And I know you do not add sugar to preserve because I have several preserve recipes and I don't know about you, but I don't like sugar in my mashed tomatos!

;) :D

Oso
11-12-2004, 06:06 AM
hmmm, here in the south canned tomatoes require just a bit of sugar.

how else can you open them midwinter and make stewed tomatoes and black eyed peas?

Becca
11-12-2004, 06:10 AM
Add the sugar while cooking. I also use the 'maders for gulash. You don't add sugar to that. Or to stews.

Oso
11-12-2004, 06:37 AM
lol at 'maders'

rubthebuddha
11-12-2004, 10:10 AM
i posted it in ze other thread, but it's good enough to warrant additional postage. it's a deceptively simple recipe, but it's so darn good. so very darn good.

1/2 c ketchup (or catsup if you prefer)
1/3 c soy sauce
3 Table spoons brown sugar
1 Table spoon Ginger
1/2, 1/3, 3, 1

bake the ribs un-sauced for about 30-45, take 'em out and sauce 'em up, then cook 'em for another 15-30. total cooking time should be an hour, so subtract your un-sauce cooking time from 60 minutes and cook them for that long with the saucitude. these are truly uber-good.

Ming Yue
11-17-2004, 02:57 PM
last night he did 5. three good ones and a couple of slightly wiggly ones.

Serpent
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM

Toby
11-17-2004, 06:51 PM
5 what? Ginger ribs or peanut butter and jam sandwiches? What are we talking about anyway? :confused:

Oso
11-17-2004, 08:52 PM
lol...pushups...did you just come in on the hot dog/PBJ post????

Toby
11-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Hot dogs?? :confused: I must've missed that thread.

No, the last three pages of this thread were on PBJ and jam vs. jelly. Then rub posted his ex-roommate's ginger ribs recipe in the post before Ming's, which originated on another thread.

I should've followed up my last post with a ";)" or a ":D", since I knew what Ming was talking about. I was just being an ass.

rubthebuddha
11-17-2004, 11:34 PM
I was just being an ass. and the joe theisman award for most obvious statement goes to ...

dun dun dun

TOBY! :D

Oso
11-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Oso
;) at MY

'scissors' as in leg lifts? sounds good.

While we're sorta on the topic of kids training:

The one thing I've had to do w/ every kid/teen that has come in is talk about eating.

I've got a 17 year old that eats nothing but hot dogs. No ****. Won't eat vegetables, hardly eats at all from what his mom says.

I've had to emphasize that if you want to do any sort of physical training you must eat right.

IronFist
11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
last night he did 5. three good ones and a couple of slightly wiggly ones.

Five real ones? I've been out of this thread for a while. If so, nice. Was he proud? Going from zero to five is a big accomplishment.

Ming Yue
11-18-2004, 10:48 AM
3 Good pushups last night, also a review/test for the student in question. He did very well, really rocked some of the new 2 person stuff we showed him.

Oso caught me trying to be cool while inwardly rooting the kid on when he was struggling with something.

I'm a praying mantis mother hen. :rolleyes:

Oso
11-18-2004, 11:05 AM
I heard on the radio a few months back about a teenager in England who only ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Doctors checked him out and he was in reasonable health. His mother said that's all he'd eaten since he was a young child. I can't find a link.

;)

Oso
11-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Iron, no he's still doing them on the incline. It's going to be a slow go for this kid. But, I think he's becoming more dedicated to the goal.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before he will hit 5 good ones at the current height so we won't bog the blog w/ weekly updates.

Toby
11-18-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm a praying mantis mother hen. :rolleyes: It's a shame someone else didn't say that about you - that's pretty sig-worthy :D. OTOH if you sigged yourself, that'd just be sad :p.

Serpent
11-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Ha, Ming Yue is cool. She's a Praying Mantis Mother Hen!

How's that? ;)

Oso
12-08-2004, 09:10 AM
12-2-04

He completed 8. A big improvement. going to go ahead and go for 10 at the highest mat level before dropping the stack.

he's sick this week though, there's a pretty big bug circulating.

IronFist
12-08-2004, 12:52 PM
You know what I just thought of? Shouldn't this kid be making really fast progress because of newbie gains? Or not?

Oso
12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
IF, maybe but I've not read enough yet to do more than infer exactly what sort of % increase a newbie should be gaining.

However, The first night we did this (11-17) he only got 3. The next several times it was 5. Then on 12-2 it was 8. That would be something on the order of 166% gain...right?

Also, I'm lucky if I get this kid 2 nights a week. I'll probably never get him 3 and 25% of the time I see him once. So, it's not like he's too regular w/ the workout. So, if he see's a single pushup a week gain every week, I think that's probably good.

IronFist
12-08-2004, 02:13 PM
^ Probably. :)

Oso
12-15-2004, 08:13 AM
goddam parents !!!!!!!!!!!!!

not going to get anywhere with this kid if his parents won't commit to getting him to class

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rubthebuddha
12-15-2004, 09:10 AM
oso -- you considered giving him some homework? two minutes each day spent on pushups or something (ptp-style) can work wonders.

Oso
12-15-2004, 09:25 AM
yea, he's got homework. mostly on solo forms though. he hates them but loves the two person stuff.

his parents have him too busy, imo.

monday - piano

tues - fu
wed - fu

thurs - indoor soccer

right now, he is basically a naturally lazy kid. he works hard in class and you can see him push himself but outside of class i know his motivation is low...but, he's only 11...so I don't worry too much about it. if he were 15 or 16 i would put more pressure on him to train outside of class.

mom just had a crappy excuse for not bringing him last night.

Ming Yue
12-15-2004, 09:27 AM
He's not very self-directed... he's also a busy kid, takes music lessons and has soccer in addition to kung fu, extra curricular and regular school stuff.

I have a hard enough time getting him to practice the stuff he likes at home, let alone the stuff he struggles with.

Ming Yue
12-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Kid did pyramid pushups (on the pad stack) to 6 and back last night.

that's a marked improvement.

:)

Oso
12-23-2004, 02:40 PM
but it totally sapped him. He couldn't finish all of class and ended up puking. Come to find out he had only eaten some cookies that day...no breakfast or lunch. and his mom wasn't even aware of it....sad

Vash
12-23-2004, 03:02 PM
1. Punch the parent(s) in the face. Once. Hard.

2. Let kid carry a bucket around class.

3. Dump bucket contents on parent at end of each class.

Oso
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
lol, yea...I feel like that.

Ming Yue
01-14-2005, 01:11 PM
He's still pyramiding to 6, stronger and with better form now.

His class time is short, so I think he'll stick with this for a while and then it may be time to drop his hand height 10" or so...

Oso
01-14-2005, 09:09 PM
he's also just hit a growth spurt...he's grown 2 inches since the beginning of this thread...the testosterone is strong in this one...

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Oso
right, 60 for men and 45 for women.

But, as an untrained, uncertified nobody I'm not qualified to say anything else.

that's why I tell them to do their own research.

my own guide for just normal sorta training is 1/2 my bodyweight in grams of protein...which is, ahem, about 120 grams a day.

I've talked different approaches with students I've had for a while and trust has developed. but, I still qualify what I say as my opinion.

Also, these are teens who weigh between 110-140 so if they are actually getting 60 grams then that's not to bad, imo.

dont know if i understand what u dudes talkin or if someone else has already inputed this... if it is what i is thinking its like this

For this use your weight in kg, aight:
if you dont excercise you need 0.7 X YourWeight = Number of g of protein you need
if you exercise it can be up to 1.2 X YourWeight
now if you are a roid btich soem go up to 2.0 or even 4.0 (retarded)

Vash
01-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I have, on occasion, enjoyed a diet which came close to 4 grams per pound (twas 4.5 grams, givertake).

No ill effects, save a hole in my wallet for all the whey I was buying.

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 09:31 PM
well thinking, this reminds me of a story bak in the early days when i was doign some eagle claw

this kid stareted training, his name was Krishna (we tought his parents musta really like oriental stuff i suppose)
well you know, begginer, hard time doing stuff in class, blah blah
after a while the kid wasnt showing to class
the teahcer then spoke to him the kid said he was busy studying for a test on those days
some days later the kids parents call the teacher to see how hes doing - but the kid aint at class
the teacher says the kid was to be studyign - the parents say no he wasnt
so the kid lied and basicly went elsewhere for whatever fun was that he was going to
his dad, angry, makes the kid go back to trainings next class
so on this class the teahcer was lecturing him "How dare you lie to your parents, blah blah, what a shame, you do not do that, blah blah" - all this while running, warming up...
at the end o the class he made the kid do a whole more buncha pushups so that he would "learn not to lie to his parents anymore"

whats my opinion on this? doesnt matter

anyway, the poor kid didnt really wanna train

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Vash
I have, on occasion, enjoyed a diet which came close to 4 grams per pound (twas 4.5 grams, givertake).

No ill effects, save a hole in my wallet for all the whey I was buying.

dude thats per pound, my calculations was for kilograms
so... lets convert
if 1 kg is 2.2 pounds then when you eat 4 grams per pound you are eating... (drum roll)
1.8 g of protein per kg

ooh and actually a correction: when i said "up to 1.2" its actually from 1.2 to 1.4
aight

and thats just protein, not meat
cos meat is protein with fat

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 09:40 PM
further information to confuse our little heads

this is from another source, it says:

endurance atleths should get from 1.2 to 1.6
stregnth atlethes should get from 1.4 to 1.8

:confused:

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 09:42 PM
what what im not done
now a third source:

non active people should get 0.8
actives 1.2 to 1.4
hypertrophy peeps 1.8

fun huh :D

Vash
01-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
dude thats per pound, my calculations was for kilograms
so... lets convert
if 1 kg is 2.2 pounds then when you eat 4 grams per pound you are eating... (drum roll)
1.8 g of protein per kg

ooh and actually a correction: when i said "up to 1.2" its actually from 1.2 to 1.4
aight

and thats just protein, not meat
cos meat is protein with fat

Gotcha. Reading comprehension wins again!

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 10:14 PM
im just wondering what im gonna do with the contradictory flow of information
i think ill just suicide :D

or better...
if i exercise and go 1.4 i fit in all of the 3 sources with no prob

source 1 says 1.4 is ok
source 2 says 1.4 is ok
source 3 says 1.4 is ok

ok