PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

norther practitioner
11-10-2004, 09:38 AM
New gym near my office (http://ironworksfitness.net/index.aspx)

Toby
11-10-2004, 06:59 PM
When you're doing free weights (which is all you need to do) you can see the girls in the group room, but you can't see the girls in the cardio room. It would be better if you could see both.

It seems a bit small if the map is to scale.

The only way to be sure is to go in there at the times you want to train and check out the crowd in there. Bit like checking out a new kwoon, you should soon see if they're doing what you want. My opinion? It wouldn't be for me - it seems like it may not be a heavy lifting type gym. Then again, I wouldn't mind hitting it up in my lunchbreak just for fun. It wouldn't be my choice of primary workout place. But that's me - it might suit you fine.

Oso
11-10-2004, 07:04 PM
yea, man it does seem small.

norther practitioner
11-11-2004, 07:14 AM
On IM rub convinced me to just invest in some more free weights... and motivate myself (which is the bigger issue here). Motivation is my biggest issue by far right now, I figured if I drove by the gym 3-6 times a day I know I'd have a chance to work out, and I'd get my flabby ass in there.

Becca
11-11-2004, 07:20 AM
S'prob'ly worth it then. The size issue isn't so big if it isn't too busy while you're there. They may not have duplicates of some equipment, but you should still be able to use what you need to get a good workout.

FngSaiYuk
11-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
On IM rub convinced me to just invest in some more free weights... and motivate myself (which is the bigger issue here). Motivation is my biggest issue by far right now, I figured if I drove by the gym 3-6 times a day I know I'd have a chance to work out, and I'd get my flabby ass in there.

I've realized that videos are great motivation for me. If I'm feeling unmotivated and I need to train techniques, I watch forms videos, if I need to get out and spar w/some guys, I watch fights & matches, if I need to hit the weights, I watch strongman & lifting competitions.

Works every time for me now. The only thing that hinders my excercise and training now is injury or lack of time.

El Tejon
11-14-2004, 04:28 PM
13 foot ceilings! Great place to do some staff or spear work.:)

AndyM
11-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi El Tejon. ;)