PDA

View Full Version : obsession with power generation.

yellowpikachu
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
You might think I am obsession with power generation.

Why is it?

Thus, I have heard, in the history of Chinese Martial art, at Tang Dynasty abour 1000 years ago, there are not much flowery moves compare with Chinese martial arts at Qing Dynasty.

In Tang dynasty, when the day is young, there exist different integration art such as the Yi Jing Jing, the 4 health dance....etc
which develop body, breathing, energy, and mind. and these naturally support martial art applications. They become the "content" or the "body" of the art. and Applications develop and evolve based on this "content" or "body" of the art.

When times passed by from the peak of the China's Goldern Era to the end of the Qing Dynasty, Flowery stuffs without much content being keep adding into the Chinese martial art system in general.

Majority of unique integration martial art system after passing throught the late Qing Era become a mix collection of stuffs which major of the time lost the "content" or the "body" or the uniqueness of the art.

So, at the begining of the Republic of China, people like Wang Xang-Zai who created Yee Chuan propose to cut those craps flowery stuffs away and return to the "content" of the art otherwise, such as some martial art which initially has 5 posters keep increasing to 18, 36, 108, 360.....keep mixing different things to replace for missing link, and all just spend longer and longer time praticing without a focus on what is the art is about, not to mention about applications and real fighting. It was misserable.

and guess what? when looking into the uniqueness of the "Content " or the "body" of an art, the power generation is the first one pops up. because that has to directly link to how the body, breathing, energy, mind were train and develop. The question is similar to when one is buying a car. one asks how fast the engine can accelerate and how much horse power.

Why? because, without power to stop or knock out. no matter how good is one's agile or technics to defence one is not going to be able to defence oneself for too long. As it said, defence never win. That is the first reality.

Say, if one has no physical power or weak physical power, Looking at a 200Ib 6 feet rushing violently into oneself ; generally, there is not much one can do but turn into shock and freezed state which the attacker like to create to dis-integrate, to shatter, to break one down even prior to the physical contact or at the first contact disregard of what styles of applications the attacker use. since mentally one has no chance to stop or to take the attacker down, the reaction is then fight emotinally, freeze, or run.

I am not talking about who is the best fighter here. I am not talking about what is the best martial art on earth. I am not interested in who is the best macho guy can proving that he can kick A$$.... I am only talking about what is that enginee to generate power. is it muscular? is it speed? is it....?

Since this is a Wing Chun forum, The core question then lay on, if Wing Chun is created by lady for lady. Then, there must be a special solution for the lady who in nature is not physically muscularly stronger then men to stop or knock men down. Sure, scare tactic will work, changing the rythem purposely will work, but will it work when one really need to knock the attacker down? is it something as what it was called Keng Geng of WingChun in the movie exist where the weaker physical can knock out the stronger physical? if so , then what is that training to get that Keng Geng of WCK?

Well, I might be searching for phantom from the legend of Wing Chun which never exist. Or it might exist. I dont know.

I am very interested to listern to the response and the view from the ladies. because I am 200LB and I have physicall weight which is not difficult to generate lots of muscular power or momentum. but what about the ladies who is 100LB ? I cant pretend I am 100lb and I have no experience at all about a 100lb body.

Care to share what you think?

PS.

But please, do not carry this post into those " You have hidden agenda, I am the best figther, you want to prove your point, fight me...." kind of stuffs. It is 2004, I believe everyone has learn to communicate to discuss the subject instead of losing into who is the best.

If you dont like my post, please ignore it and let others share thier view on the subject of power generation and related issue.

PaulH
11-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Mind, body, spirit of the world - Unite!

All for one and one for myself,

A Red Boat Wingchunist =D

yylee
11-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Mind, body, spirit of the world - Unite!

All is for one and one for myself,

A Red Boat Wingchunist =D

Good, now go fight the Qing. You start your battles from ShangHai until you reach FutShan. Oh... sorry, the year is 2004.....ok..then what.... hmm....right..... now go fight the Thai's... remember, the Keng Geng will be with you :D

PaulH
11-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Down with the YYlists! Long live Keng Geng revolution! =D

anerlich
11-11-2004, 02:59 PM
I am the best fighter; you have a hidden agenda.

Vajramusti
11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Comments on yellowpikachu's post:

is it something as what it was called Keng Geng of WingChun in the movie exist where the weaker physical can knock out the stronger physical? if so , then what is that training to get that Keng Geng of
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((I am no Cantonese speaker and English spellings of Cantonese
can vary .

There are many kinds of gengs/jings.
What we call "explode power" distinguished from "pushing power"- is an equivalent of fajing.

I am no lady- the last time I checked- but a elder sister who is not as active as she used to be has guaranteed explosive power.
A younger sister is getting there and is pretty far along.
I wouldnt want to be hit by either.

How do you develop the genii- by practicing regularly and right.)))

mexenergy
11-11-2004, 03:08 PM
In our group, we say that if a woman can't do it, it's not Wing Chun. The power comes from the structure. We call it ligament and tendon power or rattan energy. I myself am constantly trying to not use force in the techniques but it's difficult being a male. If a woman is able to unify her structure than the power she can generate is far more than her 100lb frame suggests. The heavier the frame, the more power able to be generated. The chicks in class don't have to worry about about not using muscle and their position is flawless and the techniques are more clean because there's no machismo energy holding her back

Matrix
11-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mexenergy
......but it's difficult being a male. I hear you brother. ;)

old jong
11-11-2004, 03:28 PM
The more "He man" you are,the more difficult it is!...My god it is difficult for me!...;)

PaulH
11-11-2004, 03:32 PM
"I strongly believe that Wing Chun is a corrupted word from Win Chung. Scholars unanimously agree that in the original tongue this means 'winning fist'. So if you are aggressive and male, the whole world always welcome you! =D"

- "The Fragile Male Self - Reclaiming Manhood in a Post-Macho Consciousness"

yellowpikachu
11-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Vajramusti

((I am no Cantonese speaker and English spellings of Cantonese
can vary .

There are many kinds of gengs/jings.
What we call "explode power" distinguished from "pushing power"- is an equivalent of fajing.

I am no lady- the last time I checked- but a elder sister who is not as active as she used to be has guaranteed explosive power.
A younger sister is getting there and is pretty far along.
I wouldnt want to be hit by either.

How do you develop the genii- by practicing regularly and right.)))

Joy,

As YYLee post in a different post. Keng Geng or the stunt/shocking/jumping Jing is a special type of Jing or Geng which was shown in that movie.

But who knows it is real or not. that remain a myth.

Vajramusti
11-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Yellowpikachu-

Of course shocking power exists- whatever the label used.

I coundnt find/know which post of yylee you were referring to--- possibly in another old thread.
I dont read every post- and I dont know the movie.

yellowpikachu
11-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Vajramusti
Yellowpikachu-

Of course shocking power exists- whatever the label used.

I coundnt find/know which post of yylee you were referring to--- possibly in another old thread.
I dont read every post- and I dont know the movie.

Joy,

Understood.

there is a movie about Leung Jan has a scene about the so called Keng Geng or stunt/abrupt shock generated power. after that movie the term stick hard in Asia decades ago.

No bigger.

anerlich
11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
The Fragile Male Self - Reclaiming Manhood in a Post-Macho Consciousness

Jeez, that better not be a real book. :eek:

PaulH
11-11-2004, 11:15 PM
It's still a book-in-progress, Anerlich! ~+~ Your iconoclastic inputs would be a superb addition to this prestigious project! Okay, no more words from me for now. Uninvited guests or friends after 3 posts stink! =D

Nick Forrer
11-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu
Joy,

Understood.

there is a movie about Leung Jan has a scene about the so called Keng Geng or stunt/abrupt shock generated power. after that movie the term stick hard in Asia decades ago.

No bigger.

Is this movie warriors 2? I remember a scene in a training room full of dummies where he uses shock power to knock them back.

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
Is this movie warriors 2? I remember a scene in a training room full of dummies where he uses shock power to knock them back.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1002393337

If my memory serve, the good guy cant beat the bad guy. so , the sister poke him with a niddle at his rip to shock him to ACCELERATE that super strike called KEng Geng to beat the bad guy.

A great one for week end!

PaulH
11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Gary call this needle-induced power "Crazy power"! =)

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Gary call this needle-induced power "Crazy power"! =)

Why is it Crazy? How is it Crazy? How to produce it?

Care to share?

PaulH
11-12-2004, 09:06 AM
I guess whatever we don't understand or beyond our control we can call it crazy! =D

P.S. I can't say that this is reliable, but if you have someone poke a needle at you unexpectedly, you may have Crazy Horse power!

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 09:32 AM
I guess whatever we don't understand or beyond our control we can call it crazy! =D

P.S. I can't say that this is reliable, but if you have someone poke a needle at you unexpectedly, you may have Crazy Horse power!

isnt that a type of so called non funtional , non manageble, and non repeated power? can be measure can know if it function and random?

PaulH
11-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Not really as when you are hit, it can induce that Crazy power! I got really scared just last Wednesday when I tried to hit him! =D

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Not really as when you are hit, it can induce that Crazy power! I got really scared just last Wednesday when I tried to hit him! =D

Seems like you know what you are talking about but
Sorry,
I still dont grasp and understand what do you mean by Crazy power.

PaulH
11-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Do you act calmly when you are poked with a sharp needle. Don't you think this instantaneous reaction is kind of crazy?

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Do you act calmly when you are poked with a sharp needle. Don't you think this instantaneous reaction is kind of crazy?

for me crazy means mentally mess up.

poking with a sharp needle doesnt cause mentally mess up. might cause Jump or stunt or shock (ie: in a sense of getting suddent shock by electricity)

we might define crazy differently.

and the out come of both crazy or poking with a sharp needle is that predictable? manageable? is it random? is it measureable? or it is just an emotional bust of you get me I am going to get you with in any cost. I dont know.

I think that movie is just a movie.

PaulH
11-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Well this term comes not from my mouth.
So in my funny world there's Keng Geng and there's Crazy Pow Pow! =D

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Well this term comes not from my mouth.
So in my funny world there's Keng Geng and there's Crazy Pow Pow! =D

Just normal, everyone uses different terms.

PaulH
11-12-2004, 10:15 AM
You know this kind of discussion is more persuasive when you see it with your own eyes and feel it with the fingers of your hands. =D

PaulH
11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Tangible or physical power can be generated and be taken away for the most parts. True power to me belongs more to the intangible and spiritual aspects of man. I am more affraid of a man who has an unwavering cause. The moment a man willingly throws his life away to fight for his friend and the things he values for, he never loses. No one can destroy one who loves and fights with all his heart, soul, and might.

kj
11-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Tangible or physical power can be generated and be taken away for the most parts. True power to me belongs more to the intangible and spiritual aspects of man. I am more affraid of a man who has an unwavering cause. The moment a man willingly throws his life away to fight for his friend and the things he values for, he never loses. No one can destroy one who loves and fights with all his heart, soul, and might.

Wow. Your knack of getting directly to the soul of a matter gives me goosebumps.

I am counting on the chance to cross paths with you one of these days, Paul. You must have seen quite a lot in your short time on this earth to have amassed such a wealth of wisdom and perspective.

Regards,
- kj

PaulH
11-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Sure, Kathy! =D

yylee
11-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by kj
Wow. Your knack of getting directly to the soul of a matter gives me goosebumps.

those goosebumps could transcend into Keng Geng, be careful Paul! ;)

kj
11-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by yylee
those goosebumps could transcend into Keng Geng, be careful Paul! ;)

Ha ha - I'm working on it! :D

Regards,
- kj

PaulH
11-12-2004, 04:12 PM
You mean "Be Glad", YYlee? =D

Kathy, I was so busy on my last brief reply, but let me hasten to add on more that I would love to meet you or any of your classmates if you folks ever come to visit LA. It may sounds like a Zoo here, but we are very friendly and hospitable animals. =)

yellowpikachu
11-12-2004, 05:02 PM
You know this kind of discussion is more persuasive when you see it with your own eyes and feel it with the fingers of your hands. =D

Wow, it must be Soooooo ZENNNNNNN! :D

You see, I dont belive in Zen any more.

I am reading more bussinese books lately.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400050847/qid=1100304037/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-6144827-7509411?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0609610570/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-6144827-7509411#reader-link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071438882/qid=1100304037/sr=8-7/ref=pd_csp_7/103-6144827-7509411?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The bottom line is if there is no clear execution process there is no repeatability. When I make my multi-millions business I will show you how to make it! hehehehe

If Keng Geng exist then it must not be as difficult then to become a CEO. (my copy cat version of GM Ip Man's " so complecated? is it a neucler physics?") :D (joking)

PaulH
11-12-2004, 05:36 PM
No more Zen, huh? Omaya may not sleep well tonight.
So before your ancestors kill you in your sleep, whisper to my ears in your dream that golden secret. What is it, now? =D

kj
11-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu
The bottom line is if there is no clear execution process there is no repeatability.

Now you're talking my lingo. :)

When I make my multi-millions business I will show you how to make it! hehehehe

I'll hold you to it.

Regards,
- kj

yellowpikachu
11-13-2004, 01:04 AM
No more Zen, huh? Omaya may not sleep well tonight.
So before your ancestors kill you in your sleep, whisper to my ears in your dream that golden secret. What is it, now? =D

I pray to Donald Trump these days.
what figthing? I just hire all those bid body guard if I become a multi-millionaire! :D:D:D

yellowpikachu
11-13-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by kj

I'll hold you to it.

Regards,
- kj

Why not! wealth is for sharing!