PDA

View Full Version : New Krush

CaptinPickAxe
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
DJ Krush just dropped a new LP called "Jaku". It's fire, y'all! He keeps the oldschool, dusty feeling that makes him Krush, but also picks up the Jazz avenue this one around. Its a great CD with appearances by Aesop Rock, Mr. Lif, Shinichi Kino****a as well as a slew of other Japanese musicians.

I give it four elbow drops to the kidneys. I deducted one elbow drop because my favorite song, "Transistion", was also the shortest...I would of been great to hear more of this for at least 3-4 minutes. It only weighs in at a meager 1:57.

Krush's collabo with Aesop Rock was one for the books...a slobber knocker, if you will. The dark, musty beat just adds that much more depth to Aesop's already unique style.

Mr. Lif's joint on the album, "Nosferatu", is another banger. This beat is by far the darkest on the LP. Mr. Lif flawlessly translates the beat's emotions into words.

And "Decks-athron" is just plain bananas. The scratching on it is on-point and blends well with the abstract beat.

The only one I find lacking (and thats really reaching) is the first track, "Still Island." It's not really bad, but just isn't up to par with the rest of the album.

Definitly worth to $20 I paid for it. Pick it up or check it out at Barnes and Noble.com.

Chang Style Novice
11-12-2004, 08:29 AM
I've heard other excellent reviews of that. It's on the list.

norther practitioner
11-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up.