PDA

View Full Version : Say you're sorry

Kristoffer
11-14-2004, 04:22 PM
check out the huuuge gallery

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

WinterPalm
11-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Instead of being sorry, they should do something about it like they kept saying they would.

CaptinPickAxe
11-14-2004, 07:39 PM
WTF do you think we did?

I voted against Bush...that's all I can do.

Serpent
11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
WTF do you think we did?

I voted against Bush...that's all I can do.
Doesn't your constitution allow you to bear arms in order to overthrow a government that you felt was wrongly in power or oppressing the people?

So take up arms, man! Civil war, destroy all the Bush voters and take over government in a military coup. Voting is all you can do indeed!

CaptinPickAxe
11-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Revolutions are crushed like the dreams of having Bush out of office...

SPJ
11-14-2004, 10:15 PM
This was the second closest election ever in US history.

It was a choice of a party than that of the individual leader.

Since the Republicans control the congress as well.

The new cabinet especially the secretary of the state, defense minister and head of home land security etc will bear the majority of responsibility to balance the policy over all.

Bush is predictable. Thus many may maneuver to balance whatever he embarks to do.

Kerry was sort of yes and no in all his positions from his campaign speeches. Nobody knows what he thinks or what he will do.

Kerry definately will increase federal budget for social programs.

Bush will make the government smaller in domestic agenda.

The objectives of ridding Saddam and finding WMD have long ago been achieved.

The troops turn into a peace keeping function in Iraq. As soon as the peaceful election and transition of power are completed, the troops will be reduced in both Afganstan and Iraq.

On the other hand, if the insurgency escalates, there will be more troops to the area.

Domestic agenda is more important for the new presidency.

How to keep economic going, more jobs, healthcare, social insecurity, prescription drugs, on and on. All the goodies promised in the campaign speech. Are they coming or just empty words?

One way or the other, nobody forsees a big change in Bush's policy in both Iraq and Afganstan.

Nuclear arms in Saudi Arabia and Iran, will make the area more volatile or stable, we shall see.

The second generation of Palestinian leader will mend with Israel. That is the hope of everyone.

Peace.

:D

SanSoo Student
11-15-2004, 12:30 AM
F**K that. I'm not sorry I voted against the drunken b@astard. I mean its alright to drink, but its not alright to make world political decisions drunk (which is what I think he did most of the time). I'm angry at all the other people that blindly voted for this fanatical War Hawk.

SPJ
11-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Now and then;

Over a decade ago, father Bush chased Saddam out of Kuwait.

Everbody was expecting the ousting of Saddam.

However, US stopped short and enforced a no fly zone and economic embargo. CIA supported some uprisings and failed.

Saddam was still in power and hailed as a hero standing up against the US.

US stationed a large force in Saudi Arabia to counter "expansion" from Iraq.

Democracy and pro-western atmophere started in Iran in the past decade.

SPJ
11-15-2004, 12:52 AM
While Saddam kept a low profile;

Somehow, the case againt him was raised again by son Bush.

The rest is history.

lightsout
11-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by WinterPalm
Instead of being sorry, they should do something about it like they kept saying they would.

Actually, for the first time in their lives, many of my friends actually did even more than vote--they also got involved with their local get-out-the-vote projects, manning phones, urging people to actually vote, particularly in swing states. I don't think there is that much hypocrisy--people really did try.

I don't see that website being about not accepting the outcome, but trying to *do* something even now--that is, attempting some sort of grassroots international diplomacy, as opposed to our official international diplomacy, which nowadays mostly consists of slapping other countries in the face.

Kristoffer
11-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Yes seriously. It's not common to see this many americans 'reaching out to the world' in a friendly way. Alot of people was surprised to see this page because I think the majority of Europe think's of americans as ****y and hatefull. This site could change that mind set. And it's a good way too.

Shaolinlueb
11-15-2004, 07:36 AM
i dont know, the way i have been seeing it lately is "america does what it wants, when it wants and doesnt care what the rest of the world thinks." thats the image i get of us as of lately with Bush in power. can some of you outside the USA confirm?

SPJ
11-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Colin Powell did a good job.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/elections/article.adp?id=20041115094009990001

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/video.adp?id=20041115115509990001

Kristoffer
11-15-2004, 09:45 AM
"can some of you outside the USA confirm?"

yes, it's true. that's why so many people like this site

red5angel
11-15-2004, 09:49 AM
what were we supposed to be sorry for again?

Shaolinlueb
11-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
what were we supposed to be sorry for again?

thats what im still wondering.

ZIM
11-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Its alright, guys... (http://www.apologiesaccepted.com/upload/1100535107apologies4.jpg)

PHILBERT
11-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Doesn't your constitution allow you to bear arms in order to overthrow a government that you felt was wrongly in power or oppressing the people?

So take up arms, man! Civil war, destroy all the Bush voters and take over government in a military coup. Voting is all you can do indeed!

Nope, and in fact, the constitution doesn't mean the individual even has rights to bare arms. Its deisgned for state militias or something along those lines. I can't remember what my law professor told me exactly.