11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Which is the better way to restrain an underage kid;

A bolt of lightening shock?

Or the gentle art of Qin and Na?

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20041115103509990012

:D

Samurai Jack
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
The link doesn’t work unless you're an AOL member. Stupid corporations ruin everything good and pure in this world. It's bad enough you can't drink water without paying somebody for it, now they want you to pay for public news too. I think I'll take out a patent on air.

Shaolinlueb
11-15-2004, 11:35 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6468373/?GT1=5809

this same article?
if so heres my reply
she was breaking the law anyways. the peoples house they were drinking at are lucky they didnt get heavily fined. and the girl didnt get put away from underage drinking and public drunkenness. they could have put a few things on her. tase her tase her!!! and she was gonna drive under the influence. he was keeping her out of harms way,.

red5angel
11-15-2004, 12:06 PM
It's bad enough you can't drink water without paying somebody for it,

technically I think your mostly paying for them to clean it and get it to your house.

SPJ
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Yes;

It is the same article.

The Florida PD also used the taser gun on a 6 year old boy under 60 #.

:confused:

Samurai Jack
11-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the second link Shaolinlueb. The funny thing is, I was in a similar situation once with a mentally ill kid at my work (I'm a crisis counselor at a mental hospital) who gave himself some superficial cuts with a piece of glass. My boss didn't think he was serious about hurting himself (I did), so I was unable to stop him since my boss didn't want anyone else to get hurt by trying to wrest the glass from the kid's hand. When the kid decided to slash his wrists in front of me he ended up doing so much damage to himself that he lost the use of some of his fingers. I really wish we had a taser that day. I think the cop did right in that incident. The proof? No one was hurt.

cerebus
11-16-2004, 02:33 AM
In both cases the children were "stunned" to prevent them causing themselves serious injury. If the officer HADN'T stunned the girl, and she had run into traffic and gotten killed, then they'd be blaming the officer for NOT using the taser.

As for the mother of the 6 year old boy complaining that the cop didn't have to use a taser on him... the kid was slicing himself with a piece of glass! WTF!? She should be glad the officer took the action he did. Maybe someone should be looking into what the hell would cause a 6 year old child to break a picture frame and start cutting on himself with the broken glass in the first place.

humble-one
11-16-2004, 02:46 AM
I was under the impression that stun guns can cause heart failure in some people. Maybe stun the kid with the glass but what kind of red neck shoots a little girl running away?

cerebus
11-16-2004, 03:00 AM
You mean the little girl who was drunk and about to run out into traffic?

humble-one
11-16-2004, 04:46 AM
The traffic thing sounds like a justification put on a crime report to excuse shooting the kid. it was probably a ROAD. what if he had hit her in the head? or she had a weak heart? imagine the pain of being hit with one of those things. the one ive seen is 2 metal pins that are fired into you then a charge is fired into wires attached to the gun so you are shocked under the skin. how old was the kid 6?

cerebus
11-16-2004, 05:16 AM
Read the article. The girl was 12 and had been drinking.

Why do you say "the traffic thing sounds like a justification"? What proof do you have of this? Do you happen to personally know the cop, and know that he just enjoys shooting kids with tasers for no particular reason? If not, then your comment sounds pretty moronic.

Cops have to account for their every action, especially when in public and dealing with minors. Unless that cop was trying to destroy his career for no reason, he wouldn't have used a taser on a kid unless he thought it was necessary.

humble-one
11-16-2004, 05:26 AM
i guess your a cop then.

cerebus
11-16-2004, 05:44 AM
No, I'm not. But I was many years ago, which is why I know that your conjecture is based on your bias and not on any kind of facts.

Becca
11-16-2004, 05:54 AM
Bi-polorism can cause a kid that young to act that way. My kid brother did something similar with a broken lightbulb when he was 8. My older sister got cut to ribbons trying to get it away from him before he hurt one of her kids.:(

I agree with Ceb on the 12-year-old, too. Every case of someone dieing after a taser was used on them , it was found that the individual was high on speed or meth... both of wich make your heart go wack-o.

diego
11-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by cerebus
Maybe someone should be looking into what the hell would cause a 6 year old child to break a picture frame and start cutting on himself with the broken glass in the first place.

crazy shiat...kid musta been stressed my thoughts was gijoe and sniffing glue up to like 9 years old....having suicidal thoughts at 6 is beyond my comprehension!.