PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Rant 4

ninja
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Guess what? Shorinji Kempo is the real Shaolin. Your teacher doesn't know any offical applications to the forms. What the hell is a ding bu anyway. Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy goes to punch you in the eye and you drop down into the lowest dingbu anyone has ever seen? Grow up dude. I know the forms look cool but they are tiring. Who wants to work 9 hours and then go the the Temple to practice the only 3/4's of xiaohong chuan that you will ever learn unless you buy the vcd. Looks better in the vcd anyway. Plus you can get them online now for $5.50. That's what all the monks in china do! They get the vcd. They're not stupid. I know you want to live out the whole fantasy of being an invinsible disciple of a wushu monk but still hold on to your hip hop persona. Save your money because you will need it later when you get out of college. All this talk about Deyang! Deyang! the dude's stiff in my opinion. Like he's doing the robot dance from th 70's. Not impressive to a seasoned Sambo expert.

Shaolinlueb
11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by ninja
Guess what? Shorinji Kempo is the real Shaolin. Your teacher doesn't know any offical applications to the forms. What the hell is a ding bu anyway. Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy goes to punch you in the eye and you drop down into the lowest dingbu anyone has ever seen? Grow up dude. I know the forms look cool but they are tiring. Who wants to work 9 hours and then go the the Temple to practice the only 3/4's of xiaohong chuan that you will ever learn unless you buy the vcd. Looks better in the vcd anyway. Plus you can get them online now for $5.50. That's what all the monks in china do! They get the vcd. They're not stupid. I know you want to live out the whole fantasy of being an invinsible disciple of a wushu monk but still hold on to your hip hop persona. Save your money because you will need it later when you get out of college. All this talk about Deyang! Deyang! the dude's stiff in my opinion. Like he's doing the robot dance from th 70's. Not impressive to a seasoned Sambo expert.

woah there little one. go back to playing halo 2 or something.

dimmakseminar
11-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Dear Mr. ninja!

In my well documented quest to become the Ultimate Fighting Champion, I traversed many paths and encountered many wayward souls. I have enjoyed your posts and it is good to see that you are still around. With the time between posts, one might think that you had moved off to another land and stopped training altogether, or perhaps taken a long vacation to Florida.

I am curious as to your comments regarding Shorin-Ji Kenpo. Since Shorin-Ji Kenpo is a Japanese art I would be recalcitrant to accept your explanation, lest it was communicated to you by a Shao-Lin Monk himself! However, you are correct in that Shorin-Ji will train one in the applications of the Art, as opposed to many of the purveyors of Shao-Lin, which train no more than a Shao-Lin style Justin Timberlake dance. Except for perhaps Justin Zhang. Although you had once suggested that he has given up his vows so that he could enjoy a Coca-Cola whilst training, it appears that he has begun the training of San Da at his facility.

Looking forward to your reply I remain,

Your brother in arms,

dimmakseminar

ninja
11-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Dearest Death Touch!

It seems as though I will back to monk training in March. I have been on a long journey of enlightenment, which I've received twice since being out in the suburbs of Florida. Once, while at the Gardens Mall and then again while viewing a trailer of Star Wars 3. I heard a joke was played on you by a Mr. Honda. Is this true?

dimmakseminar
11-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Dear Mr. ninja!

Indeed a joke of the cruelest variety was bestowed upon me by Honda-san. It appears that whilst attempting to contact you via the double-secret telepathy system, my mind was instead directed to your Shao-Lin Monk.

I'm happy to hear of your recent enlightenments. To be enlightened is most enlightening! I have maintained constant enlightenment since March of this year, and that enlightenment is growing quickly. That enlightenment is really starting to speak to me and take on a life of it's own! Why I waited so long for enlightenment is something I will never understand.

NYC will be much better off with your presence! How's it going is considering a move to Japan.

Best,

dimmakseminar

Songshan
11-19-2004, 10:32 PM
:rolleyes:

David Jamieson
11-21-2004, 03:42 PM
I have been on a long journey of enlightenment, which I've received twice since being out in the suburbs of Florida.

Yes and this thread makes it clear that you are now in a higher state of being. Thanks for your words of wisdom....and your particular brand of bile and vitriol! :p

:rolleyes:

mortal
11-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Ninja

Didn't we play tag at the baltimore kungfu tourney?

Or was it manhunt? That hiding spot in the mens bathroom stall was very creative.

Dimmakseminar

Didn't I see you in the pride fighting last weekend?

You were the guy they twisted into a pretzel. You must be working on your flexability.

ninja
11-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Mortal,

Have you seen cousin Shi Deyang lately? I hear he went to learn the applications to the form from Wubin of the Beijing wushu team. Any thoughts?

mortal
11-23-2004, 11:57 AM
There are no applications to the form. It is just dancing.

Bruce lee won a dance contest once. I think wu bins weight keeps him from competing.

Deyang doesn't need to know the apps. He will never have to really fight anyone. Being such a high master. He will just tell stories about how he fought and won tourneys no one ever heard of, when he was ten.

ninja
11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah uh I heard Yanming was sanda champion of China. Curious to me that he doesn't teach fighting at his school. Is that common with these monk guys? My..a..wife learned sanda in korea from aaa Nietzche..well..a yeah..right.

ninja
11-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Street Combat! Street Combat Grados Street Combat!!! Watch his hand fly!

dimmakseminar
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Dear Mr. Mortal:

That was in fact me. However, I was eating a pretzel, not being twisted in to one. You must certainly know that I cannot be chin na'ed.

Mr. ninja!

Whom is this Grados of which you speak? Is he a secret Shao-Lin Monk, perhaps related to Sin The'? Word on the street is that although his WC is good, that it is no match for the leg strength of a certain Shao-Lin Monk. It might even be considered Child's Play.

And, I do not have firsthand knowledge of Shi Yan Ming's sanda prowess, however, he looked mighty stylish on those Chase-Manhattan Bank advertisements. Any Master that can accomplish that level of public notariety is surely worthy of being a master to a disciple.

Best,

dimmakseminar

ninja
11-24-2004, 06:02 AM
A good BAK SAU would take care of any shaolin monk kick!!!

The Lipeng videos are getting trashed on Russbo. I tried to defend but the tapes are crap and he did change a lot of the movements to make them look cooler. I've have change my movement back to the old shao hong chuan.

mortal
11-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Li peng. I heard he has his brown sash under Damascos.

ninja
11-24-2004, 02:38 PM
I heard steve demascos is in line to be the next abbot. He fought Guolin for the chance and beat him with street combat move he learned from a video clip he saw on the grados website.

dimmakseminar
11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Dear Mr. ninja!

As it was explained to me, it was Mark Dacascos, and he learned the techniques from Jet Li on the set of "Cradle 2 the Grave" in combination with some of Grados' techniques on the public access channel show on the Telly.

A shame about the Lipeng videos. They appeared to have such promise. The heavy bags (filled with rocks, no less) appear to be a very formidable opponent.

Here's to hoping that you and yours (and Mr. mortal, too) have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Regards,

dimmakseminar

Shaolinlueb
11-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ninja
Yeah uh I heard Yanming was sanda champion of China. Curious to me that he doesn't teach fighting at his school. Is that common with these monk guys? My..a..wife learned sanda in korea from aaa Nietzche..well..a yeah..right.

i thought he used to teach it?

Li Nin KiT
11-25-2004, 11:43 PM
hey shaolinlueb u even pratice wushu do you even know what it is?

Shaolinlueb
11-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Li Nin KiT
hey shaolinlueb u even pratice wushu do you even know what it is?

um yeah I know what it is. hardy har har. :rolleyes:
they teach sanshou/san da at the temple dont they? so why cant shi yan ming not teach it? i mean all those techniques are probably found somewhere in the shaolin curriculum.

i like wushu but i dont practice it a lot. and i jsut saw some of the latest wushu out of china. looked like XMA crap :cry:

Li Nin KiT
11-26-2004, 01:13 AM
**** u changed ur name under ur avater how did u do that?

Shaolinlueb
11-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Li Nin KiT
**** u changed ur name under ur avater how did u do that?

under user control panel link at the top and you chould be able to select a custom one.

Songshan
11-29-2004, 10:05 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: