PDA

View Full Version : Why did they Fall off?

Starchaser107
11-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah another hip hop related thread.

We Loved them in Groups , How comes they din't blow up when they went Solo.
What was the reason for this?
Does anybody know?

Phife Dawg. .why did he fall off he was dope on Tribe. Alot of people actually preferred him over Tip...surprise surprise.

Praz . .. poor Prazwell all the other fugees have dope albums

Parrish Smith ... slowflow what's up epmd was large e-dub had a few successful joints what's up with the p-double e

Fresh Kid Ice ... the Chinaman. the original chinaman long before Jin how comes he didn't make waves like the 2 live crew

Brother Marquis ... what's up with that...why did 2 live split up anyway.

Inspector Deck... the rebel Ins always got u zoned with the WU joints how comes he didn't blow up like ol' dirty , ghostface, rza or meth

MC Ren ... the villain, everybody else even easy e had big hits, "if it ain't ruff" was a solo joint that was dope but it was on straight outta compton. How comes ren didn't blow up like Ice cube, Dre or Easy?

Capone... did a bid and Nore blew the f. up what's up with that?

Charlie Brown... Noticable member of leaders of the New school, yeah ok he and busta bus didnt get along too well, but he had his fair share of fans... was it his crooked teeth that did him in , in the end? how comes charlie brown didn't have a solo joint?

C.L. Smooth ... Pete Rock is definately a dope dj but was he so dope that he was carrying c.l. smooth all this time, why doesn't c.l. smooth have a successful solo joint?

Smooth-B. ... Nice and smooth broke up..that was a dumb move...
but Gregg Nice started Jammin' with the World Famous BeatNuts so where is Smooth B. now?

norther practitioner
11-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Capone is coming back... He's thug though, so he don't have to rhyme...:cool:

Inspector's isn't as airwave friendly (not that much wu is, but still)...

Phife... what about tip.. his solo joint barely blew up comparitively.

chen zhen
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
MC Ren did not fall off, just because you dont see him on mtv doesnt mean hes still not in the game. he dropped several solos in the mid 90's that were heavily slept on (or held back from the public because of the strong political messages in them)

Starchaser107
11-25-2004, 06:46 PM
that's one possible way of falling off...

lot's of these people still have thier cult following and are pretty good emcees some of them...

but falling off is falling off. no offense.

chen zhen
11-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
that's one possible way of falling off...

lot's of these people still have thier cult following and are pretty good emcees some of them...

but falling off is falling off. no offense.

falling of in my book means that you loose the skills, or just get straight lazy on the mic, and switch from making quality music to making pop, juts to get extra money. examples: eminem, snoop dogg, etc.

if ui have to mention people that i miss, who dissapeared from the game, it has to be Sam Sneed. he was one of the most talented artist inmates on Death Row records in the early 90's, and is known for the track "you better recognize" on the Murder Was The Case soundtrack, and for co-producing the tracks "natural born killaz" and "keep their head ringing" for Dr Dre. he was supposed to drop a solo album on death row around 1995/6, but dissapeared from the game after he was beat down by 2pac and his people in a studio, for some unknown reason. supposedly he got a brain tumor too around that time..:confused:
he only made a little noise last year, when he produced "i smell *****" on the g-unit album, and a solo track was leaked. else we have heard nothing. too bad, he was really talented:o

Starchaser107
11-26-2004, 09:57 AM
dayum, i didn't know he got beat down by pac...
that's harsh.

chen zhen
11-26-2004, 02:05 PM
some links:
http://www.rapnewsdirect.com/StaticArchive/257168/

production credits
http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=54383.0

bigdoing
11-28-2004, 10:24 PM
synergy.

alot of times the entity of the group is what makes somebody work.

its like a two man weapon set....sure the broad sword is nice and all but...when its swinging at a spear its just that much better....

Alot of people cant pull the weight of an entire album by themselves.

so many people humpty dumpty.

sometimes people evolve......
xclan......then brother j dropped dark sun riders....that was to undergound to move units but it was on some next **** so to say....

peace
bryan

rogue
12-02-2004, 08:19 PM
why did 2 live split up anyway. Because they weren't that good to begin with.

norther practitioner
12-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Also, as a group, I'd have to imagine that someone might weigh in from time to time be like.. yo, say that this way and it will be hot... etc.

Also, they were in groups, made some $, and that was there initial motivator in a lot of ways... now that they have some, well, the motivation drops..

Also, some of these cats were digging in there rhyme books from years, to make a group album, now that it is there album, more of them, and the stash of rhymes may have grown, but not matured. Thus sort of that watered down fealing I get with eminem now. Still good, but ****, his first single has one decent verse, the rest is remember when I busted this rhyme.