PDA

View Full Version : "The mung beans have medicinal properties that mix with your hands..."

IronFist
09-04-2001, 09:10 AM
I always hear that when it comes to iron body, palm, or wall bag training. So I thought, "huh? It doesn't even touch your hands, because it's in a bag." Or do small microscopic pieces fall through tiny holes in the bag's porous surface and mix with your hands that way?

Iron

kungfu cowboy
09-04-2001, 09:53 AM
Do they have a high moisture content?

anerlich
09-05-2001, 02:53 AM
I think they'd have to be pretty dry, since you normally have to soak 'em before cooking. If they had lots of moisture, it'd be like punching a bag full of 3 bean mix.

I believe the claims quoted in the original post are at best highly exaggerated.

Vankuen
09-05-2001, 11:00 PM
I have the one from wing lam's iron palm series. It is filled with mung beans. But when I hit for a certain period of time, Mung bean dust or something permeates the room eventually. And it causes my lungs to "wheeze" a bit when Ive breathed it in for a time. I dont suppose this is normal is it?

Anyone actually know anything about this?

"From one thing know ten thousand" - Miyomato Musashi, Book of five rings

"Loy lau hoi sung, lut sau jik chung"

Mojo
09-05-2001, 11:16 PM
Ironfist
The medicinal properties come from direct exposure to the mung beans.
But, this comes from a tech. to toughen your fingers and fingertips where you fill a bucket with mung beans and thrust your fingers into the beans. Not filling an ironpalm bag with the beans and slapping it, that's a different technique.