PDA

View Full Version : With fighting being a b!tch to begin with...

rogue
11-16-2004, 09:54 PM
...why do so many people still make it even more complicated with needless theories, strange training methods and bogus requirements (that have nothing to do with fighting) to move to the mystical next level?

Hell, I already suck at fighting without all that stuff, so why do additional work to get nowhere?

Vash
11-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Because it makes them who have to desire to fight feel like they've done something.

Thus do I spake, thus do it be.

Chang Style Novice
11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Possibly to discourage people from fighting without excellent reason?

Of course, this might also be accomplished by letting them fight and learning how no-fun-at-all it is to catch a serious beatdown, but hey.

Vash
11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Possibly to discourage people from fighting without excellent reason?

Buuut glasshoppa, you cannot fight unteel you have snatched the pebble from my pawm.

Of course, this might also be accomplished by letting them fight and learning how no-fun-at-all it is to catch a serious beatdown, but hey.

*pulls out glock*

Give me the pebble, *****!!!

Works for me.

Shaolinlueb
11-17-2004, 08:30 AM
i dont get it rogue im in the same boat. lol

red5angel
11-17-2004, 08:37 AM
marketing pure and simple. I've never seen or met anyone with some so-called new method for training that isn't out to make a little money. It's sort of like all the weird exercise devices you can purchase. Most of them designed to "target key spots" or burn the fat with a minimum of effort. Just hooks to put in the fishes mouth.

Ray Pina
11-17-2004, 08:41 AM
I agree for the most part.

But there is also the element of sometimes someone does something different than the masses and its considered stupid or mythical by others. But for those doing it its simply basics. They might be taking a different aproach.

I remember when the Gracies first came out. Even though he was winning there was negative talk about going to the ground. Now half the martial world lives and dies by it.