PDA

View Full Version : OT: not a big fan of hunting.....

red5angel
11-17-2004, 08:42 AM
but this is sick

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6507424/

rubthebuddha
11-17-2004, 09:08 AM
here's where meatshake or cpa makes some comment about texans being the fattest, laziest ****ers around -- too fat to even hunt for real anymore. and here's where i agree with them.

norther practitioner
11-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Wow....

I can't wait for this law and order to come out.

Shaolinlueb
11-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Heres where I agree with rubthebuddha. and also state that that site is ridiculous.

Vash
11-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Sweet Jebus. That's some lazy ass bullsiht. Around here, we hunt with nothing but an Arkansas Toothpick (http://www.ndsproducts.com/L-2431.jpg) and a tooth brush.

red5angel
11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Vash, if that were truly the case I'd approve. Hunting just doesn't hold for me what it does for some. Other then sitting around showing some patience (Some guys have tv's radios and the like now a days) and waiting for your target to come into sight, there's not much challenge to modern hunting.
I'm not totally opposed to it, I know some animal populations could get out of control otherwise, but I hate hearing it called a "sport".
This particular site is just sick and I hope it's deemed illegal.

Starchaser107
11-17-2004, 10:20 AM
That's just phucked up man.
that's just phucking sick and disgusting.

Vash
11-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Indeed, that site is horrible. That's just sick on too many levels.

Chang Style Novice
11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Sometimes hunting is the thing to do - you've got an overpopulation of some animal, or you're a hunter-gatherer who lives from the land.

The idea that hunting is a "Sport" is stupid and ridiculous. In a sport, everyone plays by the same rules, and is playing for the same stakes. This is just a more than usually flagrantly disgusting disregard for animal life than you usually find in recreational hunters.

Waxwood rod
11-17-2004, 12:13 PM
To h3ll with that. But its not that much different than a meat factory killing and deliverling your meat to stores, eateries, etc. I think the commercial meat industry is way more disgusting as a whole than what that ranch may offer.

The Willow Sword
11-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Sometimes hunting is the thing to do - you've got an overpopulation of some animal, or you're a hunter-gatherer who lives from the land.

The reason that we have an over population is because we as humans have killed off or greatly reduced the amount of predator species(ie: wolves,,coyotes,,etc) that regulate the deer and other species that are grazing animals. PLUS we FEED the deer and those animals far too much that what they get in the environment(ie: deer corn and such)

Hunting has turned in to a sport and i greatly oppose it and think that those people should be stripped down to their skivies and sent running to experience what it is like to actually be pursued and killed just for the fun of it.

As for hunting for survival or to feed ones family?(well we have grocery stores now:rolleyes: ) with the exception for poor families that live on a reservation(ie:indian reservation) who, in times of extremely low income NEED to go out and hunt to feed thier starving children.

and please please please do not start barking at me with that stupid rhetoric about starving animals suffering so we have to kill them bullsh!T(not directing this at you CSN,,just in general). that is a poor excuse for these gun toting no lifers who get off on shooting a defensless creatures so that they can feel better about themselves and their Te$ticles grow a mm or 2.

TWS

Waxwood rod
11-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I would rather kill and eat a happy wild animal than buy a plastic wrapped, chemical injected tortured animal from a cage or feed lot.

Chang Style Novice
11-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Wax -

do you also avoid eggs and milk?

Waxwood rod
11-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, but not for moral reasons. I can't digest lactose and eggs are yucky. I said I would rather hunt than shop for meat, that doesn't mean that I never shop for meat. I have some problems with the commercial meat industry and try to obtain meat from "better" sources if I'm going to buy it.

Chang Style Novice
11-17-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd hate to be lactose intolerant. I don't drink milk, but a life without sharp cheddars or stinky havarti isn't worth living!

Anyway, just curious.

red5angel
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
I hate being lactose intolerant, it sucks. I used to drink milk alot, but didn't eat alot of cheese. Atleast, only when it came on or in something.
Recently I've been able to have a bowl of cereal in the morning by using Lactaid brand milk. It's freaking expensive, about 4$ for a half gallon, but the results are more user freindly :)

Chief Fox
11-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Well for those lactose intolerant people I have good news. I've just created a web site where you can login and become a member (for a small fee of course) and watch live video of people drinking milk, eating cheese and ice cream in their natural settings. The beauty of it is, you get to select what they are going to eat. If you want chocolate milk, white milk, cottage cheese or cream cheese. It's all up to you.

It's the newest thing in consuming dairy products!

Meat Shake
11-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Hmm... John Underwood... Either my dad knows him or Ive met him a few times, the name is really familiar.
Doesnt surprise me. Rednecks around here put seats on the front bumper of their trucks so two can sit and drink and shoot while one drinks and drives. They can chase deer that way.

I dont know where the article is, Ill see if I can find it... Apparently just south of san antonio 3 days ago or so, a "Modified black hawk helicopter" (Modified for search and rescue) was on a training mission when the pilot saw, literally, the 2nd biggest buck in texas history.
... So he did what any good native texan in a helicopter would do, and gave chase. The buck wound up running head long into a fence and breaking his back, and died instantly. Crazy rednecks. Maybe helicopters are the "new technilogical advancement in hunting." :rolleyes:
I too, hope it is illegal. Its pretty d@mn lazy and pathetic to not only shoot an animal while its eating, but training the animal for a year that its ok and safe to eat at a certain spot, then shooting it while its guard is down... Only meat I eat really is cow and chicken, occasional pig. (I love ham). Cant really say it would be much of an event to hunt any of those three, and I cant see any point in hunting if you arent going to eat it.

brothernumber9
11-18-2004, 12:05 PM
"look out Ned! it's comin' right for us!"

norther practitioner
11-18-2004, 02:48 PM
good quote...

When I gave up red meat I gave up hunting b/c I figured if I wasn't going to eat the deer, why shoot it... other than to **** sonme of you off of course.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-18-2004, 07:40 PM
i have never been hunting before, but if liking deer jerky is wrong i dont want to be right

lightsout
11-18-2004, 08:04 PM
I keep meaning to become a semi-vegetarian because ethically I feel I shouldn't eat something that's been killed if I'm not willing to kill it myself, even in abstract. I'm willing to harvest plants, milk cows, go fishing and netting seafood, and collect eggs. I just don't have the stomach to hunt or butcher. So I don't feel like I'm living up to my end of the "respect" bargain by pretending the supermarket meat just appeared there magically.

But then I see BLT on the menu and I get selective memory.

Vash
11-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Butcherin' ain't all that bad. It's when you gut-shoot the *******s that ever'thin' goes to hell.

1renox
11-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by The Willow Sword
The reason that we have an over population is because we as humans have killed off or greatly reduced the amount of predator species(ie: wolves,,coyotes,,etc) that regulate the deer and other species that are grazing animals. PLUS we FEED the deer and those animals far too much that what they get in the environment(ie: deer corn and such)

Sorry, but that's totally and completely incorrect. Deer actually have few natural predators. They are about as fecund as rabbits and that is one reason there are so many deer andy why people seem to notice more deer these day. Habitat improvement and encroachment is another. Improved herd management is aonther. There are many reasons for a large and a seemingly over large population but I just don't have time right now to go into it all.

The idea of hunting with a remote controll weapon is WRONG in so many ways. And I'm a hunter--bow hunter mostly.