PDA

View Full Version : Rebreakable bricks

Heruktiang
11-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I just got a strong strength rebreakable brick. I just wanted to know, are they in anyway comparable to a real brick for strength measurement?
After about 15 strikes, to my suprise, I broke it.
I had to breath and send the chi to my hands to do it, but I did it. It wasnt that easy for me.
Anywho if after getting good at this thing would it be advisable to start hitting bricks.

Thx
Heruktiang

norther practitioner
11-18-2004, 11:16 AM
If you are scared to hit a brick... put a phone book on top of it at first.... it won't hurt so bad.

Heruktiang
11-18-2004, 11:18 AM
do you break bricks?
if so how long did you train to be able to do it?

FngSaiYuk
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I've never used a rebreakable brick, but I've used a rebreakable board - seemed just as easy to break as the normal boards we used to get in for breaking practice.

As far as real bricks go, I find a single brick rather easy to break. It's got all to do with technique, focus and intent. It really doesn't seem to take that much actual exertion to break one.

That said, it takes a good amount of intelligent training to get your striking areas to a point where they can break multiple bricks often without damage to the body. You'll want to develop thicker skin, denser bones and thicker fascia in addition to maintaining form, technique, focus and intent.

Heruktiang
11-18-2004, 01:49 PM
I agree with you on the training aspeck
Ive never actualy tried to break a real brick
does it matter much on the kind of red or clay brick or a recoendded place to get them?

Thx
Heruktiang

norther practitioner
11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Heruktiang
do you break bricks?
if so how long did you train to be able to do it?

about 10 minutes

FngSaiYuk
11-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Heruktiang
I agree with you on the training aspeck
Ive never actualy tried to break a real brick
does it matter much on the kind of red or clay brick or a recoendded place to get them?

Thx
Heruktiang

Yep, different brick types have different properties. But really, one brick is easy no matter what kind (short of steel re-inforced, etc, be reasonable). It's the training for multiple bricks and then the control for breaking particular bricks in a stack that's the interesting stuff.

Serpent
11-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Bwicks don hit back!

norther practitioner
11-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, but they hurt your hand if your hands aren't conditioned and it doesn't break the first time....lol