PDA

View Full Version : Remember the guy getting beat up on the beach?

IronFist
11-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Here it is from another angle:

Link (http://satanjr.com/1004/surf_crap.wmv)

So they're yelling "arm bar him" in that video, and then in that one video of those two chicks fighting the one chick tried to armbar that other chick from the guard, but it didn't work. Has anyone seen a real fight where an armbar or submission was used successfully? Post a link. And I don't mean when Frank Shamrock choked out the radio DJ :p

SifuAbel
11-20-2004, 02:36 AM
"Let him go and take your beating or I'll breakn your nose."

What a bunch of ***s.

So if he defends himself the other guy will step in. Gee, manly.

Shaolinlueb
11-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by SifuAbel
"Let him go and take your beating or I'll breakn your nose."

What a bunch of ***s.

So if he defends himself the other guy will step in. Gee, manly.

"arm bar this f*cker"

yeah .......:rolleyes:

looks like another mma guy trying to prove something.

Kymus
11-20-2004, 02:18 PM
What a d0uche.

I just love it when friends just in cause their man is getting their a$$ beat. That guy needs to stop getting his MMA lessons from the UFC, and step in the ring with someone. Oh wait I forgot - it's not tag team there.

The Willow Sword
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
DO to **** off the low life? or was it a case of two low lifes squabbin and the surfer got his a$$ owned?

whats the story behind this?

MoreMisfortune
11-20-2004, 07:13 PM
if i recall it was the same ol territorial crap that surfers have
"oh you not a local, you not allow to surf on my beach" type crap

El Tejon
11-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Was anyone arrested and prosecuted? Battery, Disorderly Conduct, etc. all spring to mind.:mad:

The Willow Sword
11-21-2004, 04:27 PM
You know after reading all of that and seeing the vid again. i have to say that the rageaholic in me agrees with just shooting the b@astards in the face so thier families wont have an open casket funeral for them.
but on the other hand though,,the peaceful compassionate side of me ALSO wants thier faces to be shot off as well.

Peace and Love,,,TWS

CaptinPickAxe
11-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Those guys are lucky ol' buddy didn't have a shark basher or skin knife. They would of felt real funny trying to pick on the guy and getting knifed or clubbed till they can no longer be recongnized.

Personally, I think they should be slammed against the reef and the riptide should despose of their body...the only thing suitable for cowards of thier caliber.

"Let go of his arm or I'll break your nose!"
Helluva thing to say when your the owner/teacher of a gym. It did nothing but tarnish their gym's reputation. I wish thier were a group of folks with the ends and the demeanor to go and beat the tar outta those punks

SifuAbel
11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
"The targets generally have little to no fighting experience at all."

Well, its only a matter of time before he picks on the wrong guy.

Serpent
11-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Sounds like an easy option to plant someone in their territory...

The Willow Sword
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
The beach belongs to everyone. i mean i know thats a cornball thing to say but it really does belong to everyone. if there is a sanctioned even going on then you respect the rules and you dont surf there if you are not in the event. but if you are just out on the beach catching waves and just learning or practicing and such,,who the fuk has the right to tell you that you cant? its gang bullsh!T and they need to be taught a lesson in kharma. christ they are all surfers they should KNOW what that word means.

this vigilante cr@p is not what vigilantism is. i always thought that marvel comics got it down pretty good with the PUNISHER.
i mean i know that this is a cornball thing to say as well,,,i guess i am just on a cornball wave here. but a real vigilante would have sniped that c0cksucker from a sand dune and his buddy. everyone running and screaming "oh my god what happened?" the beat up surfer would be wiping brains of his chest and he would smile and freak out at the same time.
tell ya what if i ever go to hawaii and try to learn how to surf i am bringing THIS (https://www.trackerschool.com/KnifeAboutTrack.cfm) along :)

IronFist
11-21-2004, 11:03 PM
omg I totally missed the arm bar attemp the first time I watched that video. What an ass hole.

yutyeesam
11-22-2004, 03:20 AM
what's the context behind this? from viewing the clip alone, it looks like the shirtless dude was a hapless victim, only trying to defend himself. Looks like he's the one that could press charges...

...unless there's something unseen/untold that would have made the shirtless guy the provocateur.

SAAMAG
11-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Actually, verbal insults don't usually hold up against assault charges. The guy that got beat up could still press charges even if he told the other guy his mother was a fat "...."

Ray Pina
11-22-2004, 06:58 AM
refused to get out of the water for a contest being held at Pipe. Sort of like a fan refusing to get off the court or field when there's a game going on.

In this case, the locals had a right to be ****ed at this kook, but took it too far. If any thing they should have smacked him good IN THE PARKING LOT, or taken his board and snapped it. The "surfer" was wrong, but the bullies over did it.

LOCALISM EXPLAINED:

As someone who lives on the exact corner of the break he surfs, try to see it this way:

You pay a lot to live their. You clean the beach and surf it, WINTER, spring, summer and fall. And then between the months of late May and early Sept., folks start poring in and leaving their beer cans everywhere, broken bottles that you cut yourself on, double parking, horns, all kinds of noise and pollution and broken things.

But that's not it. It's when it's 5 foot and perfect and you and 5 of your friends are out and having fun and then a school bus of kooks from 5 towns away shows up and paddles out screaming and hollering because MTV says that's how surfers behave.

Everything is still fine. But then they paddle out exactly ontop of you and your friends. Then they start dropping in (taking a wave that you are already riding) and wipeing out in front of you, often hitting you with their board. Paddling back out, instead of ducking under a wave with their board they'll throw it aside and swim to the bottom, again leaving their board free to wash into your face.

You get kind of sick of it. It's not unlike guys coming to your local basketball court while you and your friends have been playing, jumping onto the court in the middle of the game and stealing the ball.

And then, after such a move, you're expecting to see something to back up such behavior. But instead of slam dunking the ball they throw up a brick or an airball from the foul line.

Kooks:mad:

red5angel
11-22-2004, 09:13 AM
efist, I can understand your point about being frustrated, however what these guys are doing goes way beyond their right, and I believe it's most likely motivated more by ego then anything else.
I know some surfing groups are likened to gangs, and I'm sure the same sort of mentality can stick.

I'd like to see these guys get a taste of their own medicine. Hell I think a group of guys should show up at the school to show them exactly what fighting is really all about.

This isn't "vigilantism", this is just ego driven idiocy.

red5angel
11-22-2004, 09:17 AM
oh yeah, and if anyone ever attacks me out of no where, wraps their arms around my waists and hugs me like that for as long, their going to walk away with one less ear/eyeball.....

Ray Pina
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm not saying those guys are right, just putting it into perspective.

If it was a hardcore local who paddled out in the middle of a contest, he's be labels a "soul surfer" and given props. It has happened before but the "soul surfer" stuck to the outskirts or the second reef and basically didn't get in the way.

The difference this time was that the "surfer" was not a hardcore local, but a haole. And he wasn't paddling out at 15- 20 -foot pipleline as a soul surfer. If you looked, it was like 2 to 3 feet, barely breaking. So you can't say it was like he was bummed about missing out on epic waves in his own backyard.

He was either trying to be cool, or is such a kook and realised, "Wow, pipe is only 3 feet. I can surf it today and not be scared so let me go out now and get some waves before it gets big and I am too scared to go out."

Also, he didn't deserve the beating, BUT, a lifeguard did go out to talk him in, to let him know what the deal was, and he basically told the guy to "fu(k off". Then you made someone paddle out to get him.

He pushed his luck. I am not one to go to the police for pretty much anything. When I was a kid some juvy hall kid stole my bike. I got lucky and my uncle caught him and the police took him away but said he had such a rap sheet the bike was the least of it. The same kid stole my neighbors wallet while we were all playing Monopoly on the porch a year later. Later still, the kid tried to steal my brothers gold chain but my father happened to be home. My father gave the kid a beating of his life .... we haven't seen that kid in the neighborhood since.

In some communities going to the police to solve the problem often doesn't solve the problem. It's sad to say, but that has been my experience so far.

But if you mouth off, talak tough, take a tough guy stance, well, if you get smacked for it, maybe it will wake your a$$ up a bit.

I doubt that guy will paddle out at the Pipe Masters next year.

Not saying its right. Just saying its how things are. I'd also like to have world peace, own my home and get my book published.

red5angel
11-22-2004, 10:05 AM
The difference this time was that the "surfer" was not a hardcore local, but a haole.

what's an a haole? I cna't tell if that's some sort of surfing term or a typo. It looks like your calling him an ******* or an a-hole based on your follow up paragraph and I think that's an unfair assumption on your part. Maybe he isn't from out of town? Maybe he is, knows the waves are small and just wanted to surf anyway. According to the so called details, he was told there was a "contest", and it sounds like that excuse is used often to bully people off of the beach. In that case, being an a-hole may be warranted.
Frankly, much like other sorts of hoodlinism, I don't buy into the "outsider takes second tier to locals" attitude. It's certainly no excuse to go beating people up. Frankly, with these guys bragging about it, it sounds more like thuggery. I'm usually an advocate for taking the medicine you deserve but it soudns like these guys need a couple of good lawsuits to get it through their neanderthal brains that they can't just beat people up to get what they want.

This sort of thing sort of gives MMA types a black eye I'd consider as bad as the TMA types who are grossly out of shape but insist they can fight anyone, anytime.

norther practitioner
11-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Crimes are based on social values... which are very much related to social manners. It is not only not polite to give red5angel a smackdown in public, but it is also against the law.

Ray Pina
11-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Haole is a term used by Hawaiins for white mainlanders.

I am all for oder and for caring for my fellow human beings. But when it comes to "law" and those who create it, enforce it and judge it, there's no love lost.

Someone will always tell you what you can and can't do .... and then often change it. You can drink .... you can't drink .... now you can drink.

You have to grow hemp to support the war and you cans moke it .... now you can't. And if you do you'll sit in a cell.

I have to live and be me. So I smoke at home, or carefully in my car. No harm, no foul.

If someone wrongs me, 9 out of 10 times I blow it off. But wrong me badly, and on a bad day, I won't go to the police:

A local bar advertised a $500 costume party and my girlfriend's dad is a wiz and made her a digital camera that actually took pictures, flashed and had a red-eye reduction light .... it all worked.

So we go to the bar because my friends band is playing and of course the manager says the contest is later ... only fair, he should make his money.

So between 10p.m. and 2:00 p.m. I had how many red wines? And still no contest. Everyone has cheesey masks. There's no doubt my girl will win. Everyone says so.

3:00. Still no contest. Manager says later. The place is almost empty at 4:30 and I ask again and he says, "we're moving the contest to tomorrow." Which was a lie, because there were big advertisements for that day. And I went back the next night out of curiousity because it's up the block.

So, I waisted like 7 hours of my life -- could of had a nice dinner date and some lovin -- and who knows how much on drinks. What could the police do for me in that situation that a mid-sized pumpkin through their front window couldn't.

I admit, that would be very imature. Up their with throwing eggs, etc. But sometimes you have to let the little kid out and not be so quick to raise your hand and call the teacher.

IronFist
11-22-2004, 11:29 AM
How do you pronounce "haole?"

Remember back in the day with Kung Fu masters would only teach people they deemed to be of suitable moral character? Too bad MMA teachers don't carry the same values. A lot of ass holes are mma/bjj guys. Ass hole attitude + bjj = not good for the general public.

Serpent
11-22-2004, 05:54 PM
wolfen, stop being such a superior d!ck. Tell me honestly that you never broke a law of any kind?

I have a new level of respect for EFist. ;)

BlueTravesty
11-22-2004, 08:56 PM
I have a new level of respect for EFist.

I have no respect for people who want to revert to a "I didn't get what I want, and I'm bigger/stronger/have more friends than you/have a medium sized pumpkin" type of society. Don't mean to sound all "superior":rolleyes: there but the fact is that the laws were put there so that crap like this beachside beating doesn't happen.

The victim's level of skill is of course irrelevant. I mean, the dude wants to surf a small wave, there's no problem with it. If you want be an elitist jerk and have the waves all to yourself, go ahead and buy the land and set it up as a private beach. Surely a big-time surfer dude can do that right? Otherwise, remember it's a public beach, and unless the "contest" is officially sanctioned (i.e. it's set up by a regulatory body, has banners signs, etc. to let all the beachgoers know) resolve the matter by taking it to an actual authority.

Otherwise, the whole "contest between some friends" nonsense is a lot like me going to a street with a buddy, and drag racing, all the while telling other people they can't drive on it because we're racing. Hey, maybe if these other people are too much of a "newb" to go over 150mph (ya know, kinda like being too much of a "wimp" to handle a certain wave), I can start harassing them, beating on them and trashing their car? it'd be about the same thing as these jerk-offs.

As for the costume contest thing, I don't know that i understand the situation entirely, but it sounds like the solution there would just be to not visit that bar again. I mean, the dude might be a jerk for pulling that stuff on you, but it is HIS establishment; unless he signed a legally binding contract he can say the costume contest will be held on Octembuary 33rd.

I live in Florida. Our beaches may not be nearly as nice as those in Hawaii (we take just as much care of them, Nature just wasn't as kind to us.) but at least we know that if it weren't for tourism, we'd be an Orange-Republic state. What would Hawaii be? a Pineapple-republic? We get most of the canned ones from Thailand anyway.

Speaking of which, I've never seen or heard about any fishermen beating up and wrecking the boat of a "newbie" fisherman for disturbing a school of grouper with their wake. Maybe I should check fishing magazines to see if there are any hot-shot anglers thuggin' on the tourists?

Sorry for the yadda yadda, just thought I'd blow some steam.

Serpent
11-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by BlueTravesty
I have no respect for people who want to revert to a "I didn't get what I want, and I'm bigger/stronger/have more friends than you/have a medium sized pumpkin" type of society. Don't mean to sound all "superior":rolleyes: there but the fact is that the laws were put there so that crap like this beachside beating doesn't happen.

The victim's level of skill is of course irrelevant. I mean, the dude wants to surf a small wave, there's no problem with it. If you want be an elitist jerk and have the waves all to yourself, go ahead and buy the land and set it up as a private beach. Surely a big-time surfer dude can do that right? Otherwise, remember it's a public beach, and unless the "contest" is officially sanctioned (i.e. it's set up by a regulatory body, has banners signs, etc. to let all the beachgoers know) resolve the matter by taking it to an actual authority.

Otherwise, the whole "contest between some friends" nonsense is a lot like me going to a street with a buddy, and drag racing, all the while telling other people they can't drive on it because we're racing. Hey, maybe if these other people are too much of a "newb" to go over 150mph (ya know, kinda like being too much of a "wimp" to handle a certain wave), I can start harassing them, beating on them and trashing their car? it'd be about the same thing as these jerk-offs.

As for the costume contest thing, I don't know that i understand the situation entirely, but it sounds like the solution there would just be to not visit that bar again. I mean, the dude might be a jerk for pulling that stuff on you, but it is HIS establishment; unless he signed a legally binding contract he can say the costume contest will be held on Octembuary 33rd.

I live in Florida. Our beaches may not be nearly as nice as those in Hawaii (we take just as much care of them, Nature just wasn't as kind to us.) but at least we know that if it weren't for tourism, we'd be an Orange-Republic state. What would Hawaii be? a Pineapple-republic? We get most of the canned ones from Thailand anyway.

Speaking of which, I've never seen or heard about any fishermen beating up and wrecking the boat of a "newbie" fisherman for disturbing a school of grouper with their wake. Maybe I should check fishing magazines to see if there are any hot-shot anglers thuggin' on the tourists?

Sorry for the yadda yadda, just thought I'd blow some steam. Well, I hope the steam blowing helped, but you're kinda missing the point.

Hua Lin Laoshi
11-23-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm thinking we organize a KFM get together on that same beach and try a little surfing while we're there. :D

Anyhow, you all can talk all the law, cops, courts and judges you want but welcome to reality. The police are 'law enforcement', not personal bodyguards. The world isn't safe and never will be safe.

Unfortunately there are some people who learn that the hard way like the guys in the beach and Stockholm videos. I wonder how many of them are signed up with a local MA school now?

I'd rather have my day free of thug inflicted pain than have my day in court.

Ray Pina
11-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Iron Fist, it's sort of pronounced "How-Lee", but garbled together.

Wolfen, you're a good man and probably a husband and father and I hope your very organized world stays nice and neat and everything is fair and good and your son goes off to marry the prom queen. Really. I do.

I've never considered myself a criminal, but by your definition I guess from time to time I do engage in criminal activity .... speeding, no seatbelt, ripping a bong hit from time to time to time to time. But then, by my defintion, most of the politicians in Washington are criminals. And I would guess plenty of them would be under your definition as well .... SELLING drugs to supply contras and Arabs, smoking crack whith *****s in hotels, illegal invasions, war crimes, etc.

Who is more guilty and harmful?

MoreMisfortune
11-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
How do you pronounce "haole?"

like "howlie"

jun_erh
11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
there's hardcore band/ gang in Boston called Boston beatdown that films themselves beating people up. I don't understand how they get away with it. I wouldn't want to cross paths with any of them. It's like the mafia or something, just stay away

GinSueDog
11-27-2004, 10:41 PM
**** that looked like it hurt...

Amazed it wasn't broken up sooner.

Ed

_William_
11-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Speaking of gangs, what would be the best course of action if you ****ed off a gang? Relocate?

Serpent
11-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by _William_
Speaking of gangs, what would be the best course of action if you ****ed off a gang? Relocate? Nah, man. Rent a bunch of Arnie movies to get yourself in the groove and then go and take them out single handed.

SifuAbel
11-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Wow! The resurrection of GinSueDog!!!!!!!!!!

BAI HE
11-28-2004, 08:22 AM
This clip shows more of what happened...

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-hawaiiansurfingbeatdown.html

GinSueDog
11-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey SifuAbel

It's been awhile, I was bored so decided to check this place out. This place seems almost peaceful now. really really weird...

GinSueDog
11-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Bai He,

That video really makes it look like the white dudes fault...

I wonder what was being said out in the water.

Mika
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Actually, BT did NOT miss the point, he just made another point. A good one, actually,

Good stuff by E-fist, too.

There are two levels here, what is right by the law and how things work IRL. These two do not always meet, but that doesn't automatically make one more valuable than the other. But we really should start with the law and see how it fits something IRL. And in any case, unless it's self-defense, violence should always be avoided. There's no debating that.

And two wrongs never make it right. This goes for what happened with the surfers as well as what any government does.

My 2 cents: it's not so much what happened, but the way it happened. It was done very arrogantly and was taken too far. And it really, really does make it a lot worse when a martial arts student is so willingly involved in something like that.

Different circumstances might have led to a different outcome (if they had nicely asked him to leave, although I cannot know if they tried that, or; it would have been 2 guys at it with no one else around, and no fukco would have videotaped it. It's that sick fukc I really loathe, especially with all the laughing and other girly sheit).

Mika