PDA

View Full Version : Jook Lum , Chu Gar , and Iron Ox , Southern Mantis

Firehawk4
11-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Does all the southern Mantis use the bee gee techniques and how are they used and how are they different in each Southern Mantis version ? Also in Jook lum Southern Mantis i know of 3 different Jook Lum systems Lam sangs , Chung yel Jung wong Yok Gong version and Lee Ying Sing Jook Lum version , how are these Jook Lum southern mantis versions different or similar ?

Shadow Skill
11-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Jook Lum Tong Long Pai history As told to me by my Sifu
1. Founded by monk Sam Dart
2. Lee Sum See
3. Chung Yel Jung
4. Lam Sang
with that mentioned how would Chung yel jung and Lam sang have a differen't system (keep in mind I'm only a student I don't know every thing yet.)
and what are the bee gee tech. I never herd of them. describe them and I might be able to help.

brothernumber9
11-22-2004, 02:50 PM
"the Bee Gee techs"
too tempting to goof with that one.

I think he means bill/biu jee.

Vajramusti
11-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi Shadow skill-

biu gee- is wing chun's shooting fingers works. Southern mantis- Gin Foon mak type- also uses thrusting fingers- spottinng-but they train it in a different and tougher way with lots and lots of jow. Different paths with different training methods.

Shadow Skill
11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Gin foon mark uses a lot of finger strikes due to the fact that he studied some form of tiger before jook lum. so to answer your question would be difficult because some sifu's have studied other arts prior to what they do now, and have incorporated some of those tech. My sifu also studied wing chun prionr to mantis from what he said no not all use bui gee. but we do have finger thrusting. I hope that helps firehawk.