PDA

View Full Version : Book & Video Review Section

ngokfei
11-24-2004, 10:09 AM
gene

have you guys thought of adding this section?

They have one at the southern Fist forum.

PS:

When you going to go back to being a monthly publication? I know you must have tons of material waiting to be released!!!

GeneChing
11-24-2004, 10:20 AM
As for a book review section, do you mean on the forum here? I'm not sure why you're asking since I think you just started one, assuming you review something next. ;)

Kung Fu Tai Chi has been in publication for twelve years now. For the first few years, we were quarterly. We've been bimonthly ever since with the exception of the year 2000. That was the only year we were monthly. To be frank, America cannot support a monthly newsstand magazine that is exclusively focused on Chinese martial arts yet. For us to go monthly, we'd have to open up to all different styles, which would be a major transition for us. Instead, we have focused our attention to biweekly updates of our e-zine. It's a more powerful tool for us since it reaches more readers and it's free for you (maybe that's why it reaches more readers). We have all of our past cover stories and nearly 200 exclusive articles posted online now - check out our new easy-access index by author (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/TOC/index.php). :cool:

ngokfei
11-24-2004, 10:39 AM
couldn't help but ask!!!!

Your are so right about e-zine. I've got that business bug still in my head and it shocks me how much material you give away there. Gratitude abound..

Where should I start the review threads at, don't want to clog up your section.

eric:p

GeneChing
11-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Actually, it costs so much less to publish e-zine articles that if you're talking about giving it away, well, the mag actually costs us more.

As for review sections, it's a free forum, start it where you like. Here would be a good place since the title is appropriate. I doubt it'll clog up this section. Wer'e pretty mellow down here. :cool:

GeneChing
11-24-2004, 05:30 PM
...I'm thinking they would be better in the media forum. Now that I look at it, this forum was designed specifically for TC Media related materials, so your review idea would probably work better in general media. So I'm moving them. I hope you don't mind. Call me fickle, but whaddaya want on the day before Thanksgiving? It's not like I have been answering A LOT of your questions today....;) :)

ngokfei
11-24-2004, 10:26 PM
now you tell me !!!!! (oh no gene, you more like me than you thought:D

Was kind of thinking the same thing as I was writing the review.

oh by the way

happy turkey day. I'm on this diet but hell whats one pumpking pie amongst friends:p

later

GeneChing
11-29-2004, 10:02 AM
The week before vacation I'm not always thinking straight - moreso before black friday. I don't work in retail anymore, but our department works closely with our retail branch, and the craziness spills over.

These holidays, be martial art smart, shop MartialArtsMart (http://www.martialartsmart.com)!

see whut i mean?

ngokfei
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Nice Jingle

what tune are you going to play it to? Perhaps a one of the dead's songs may do!!

:D

GeneChing
11-30-2004, 10:23 AM
The Dead never made good ad jingles. They did do one, rather discreetly, but it was just background music, not a jingle per se, as a roadie pitched gap jeans. Of course, I shouldn't speak so, since the music of the past decades is all being pillaged - Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, U2 - all commercials now. Compare that to a group like Dirty Vegas...

ngokfei
11-30-2004, 03:12 PM
General's Mandate, oh no!!!. What a shame that tune has been so overplayed. I remember at Tat mau Wong's tournament, ever since I can't bear it.

How about that new percussion group "Red Poppy Percussion". Saw a review the other day on cctv9. Nice :D

What a shame with all the old songs, they've been "pillaged" as you say by samplers, and remakes.

Did you hear that song by Celline Dion. Oh, oh I need an asprin, make it toradol:eek: