PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna do more training like this...

stubbs
11-24-2004, 12:31 PM
I need to watch my money and my membership and classes to my martial arts gym are among my biggest expenses. I'm gonna do some more training like this guy for a while:

http://www.warriorforce.com/rossboxingvideoclip.wmv
________
Black Vid (http://www.****tube.com/categories/11/black/videos/1)

Ford Prefect
11-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Looked pretty good. One of the reasons why I want my own house is so I can start messing around with a sledgehammer. ;)

red5angel
11-24-2004, 01:54 PM
is the sledgehammer thing something a lot of people do?

I never thought to put the hop at the top of the burpees, I gotta remember that.

the sandbag thing is pretty cool too.

IronFist
11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
He's pretty hardcore. I hope he doesn't develop imbalances by only doing the sledgehammer on one side, tho.

mortal
11-24-2004, 04:53 PM
LOlo That guy trains like an animal. Impressive. I watched it twice.

Ford Prefect
11-25-2004, 06:32 AM
Red,

THe sledgehammer thing isn't uncommon. It's basically a poor man's chopping wood since it almost perfectly simulates it. It a great exercise for cardio, abs, and boxing (it develops power due to similarities in technique).

BTW, that jump at the end of the burpee is what makes it a burpee. If you don't jump, then you are doing a squat thrust.

shaolinsoccer
11-25-2004, 07:11 AM
The info in his books are great. You don't need alot of equipment, or even alot of room for that matter. For those of you who don't have alot of time, he's even got "commercial workouts" while you are watching tv.

El Tejon
11-26-2004, 05:53 PM
We did it in Wing Chun. My sifu said he took it from his SF training which was modeled after SAS training. Something that has been around a while.

mickey
11-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Really good stuff stubbs,

That guy has aggression coming out the wahhzuu. In the old days I would have him collect my taxes. People would be paying in advance!

mickey

_William_
11-26-2004, 10:13 PM
That was just the kind of inspiration I needed. Thanks.

Becca
11-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Red,

THe sledgehammer thing isn't uncommon. It's basically a poor man's chopping wood since it almost perfectly simulates it. It a great exercise for cardio, abs, and boxing (it develops power due to similarities in technique).

BTW, that jump at the end of the burpee is what makes it a burpee. If you don't jump, then you are doing a squat thrust.
Very nice to know, about the sledge hammer. I really like chopping wood, but don't have a fire place any more. I bet I can get an old tire, though.;)

stubbs
11-27-2004, 06:46 AM
yeah i bought a sledgehammer a while ago but used more like a club bell rather than whacking it against a tyre. i need to change the tyres on my car soon - i've only got a small car, but when i get them changed i might ask if they've got any old big tyres lying around. if i had the space, i'd get one big enough to do tyre flips :)

i've just ordered a 6ft kick bag and some bag gloves, and cancelled my gym membership. can't wait to start!
________
Galaxy 6mm airsoft pistol black (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/galaxy-6mm-airsoft-pistol-black/)

Dash Iros
11-27-2004, 07:11 AM
What does he do ? Is he a boxer or something ?(the guy on the video)

shaolinsoccer
12-04-2004, 05:13 AM
He is a boxer, traniner & overall conditioning freak. He's got alot of good ideas about conditioning & traning. Also has another website, www.rossboxing.com