PDA

View Full Version : The wing chun "bible"

SAAMAG
11-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Sooo has anyone looked through this book or own it by any chance? It's supposedly the whole LT system or something along the lines of that. I was thinking about buying it to learn more about the LT method since Im going to be going to an EBMAS school soon, but for as much money as it costs I just wanted to make sure it was worth the cash.

Anyone have it used?! :D

AndrewS
11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey Van,

'Wing Tsun Kuen'- the big hardcopy LT book, complete with some old versions of the sections, form, some theory discussion. It's decent but hardly essential. There are some hidden pearls, though. If you're tight on cash, save the money as it's $40 or so.

'Roots and Branches of Wing Tsun'- superb, yet extremely biased account of mainland Wing Chun. This is a good read, and has information you won't find elsewhere, but again, not essential.

'Dynamic Wing Tsun'- a little pocket book of drills; the companion to the video of the same name. Frankly, the ideas and drills in this book are the most useful of anything Leung Ting has published. If you're gonna pick up something by him, this is what I'd recommend, especially as it runs less than $20 last I checked.

The pocket book on SNT is essentially pictures of the form, with a few notes.

Frankly, the best overview of Wing Chun out there is Rene's 'Yuen Kay Sai Wing Chun' (which I've probably mis-spelled again).

There will be an 'EBMAS Kuen' at some point- I've seen some of the preliminary chapters. I suspect this will be at least a year off.

Later,

Andrew

SAAMAG
11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
I actually just bought that "wing chun compendium" book from the moy yat line...it seemed to have a diverse amount of information. Not my line...but then wing chun is wing chun to me. The lines have more overlapping information then differences it seems, but I still like to see how the different lines do things, this might help weed out the weakeness's in anyone's version of wing chun/tsun/tzun/shun/tchun/etc/etc/etc. :rolleyes: