PDA

View Full Version : Book and Video Review Section

ngokfei
11-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Book and Video Reviews have been started in the Kungfumagazine section.

Give your opinions on reviewed items or start new threads.

To keep it organized title your thread with either

Book Review:

or

Video Review:

enjoy

:)

GeneChing
11-24-2004, 05:45 PM
...and after you asked where to put it and I said the TC Media forum. Well, on second thought, it'll probably work better on the media forum since that's where most of our reviews go. So far, it's mostly been movies and games, but books and videos fit there too.

IronFist
11-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I think a book and video review forum would be an excellent idea. I've never seen that done on a MA forum before. I've seen reviews, but never a seperate forum for it. I would definately contribute.

GeneChing
11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
The media forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=&forumid=15) has been our place for reviews, mostly of movies, games and other martial arts related media. It's a perfect place to start posting book/video reviews. If you plan to review any of TC Media's videos, please place them on our KungFuMagazine forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=30&forumid=17).

IronFist
12-04-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm bumping this thread cuz a review forum would be rad.

Gene, I'm not sure a lot of people know the Media forum is for reviews.

There's a website out there that reviewed a few hundred MA videos and gave really in depth descriptions and ratings. It was awesome.

I have seen a lot of instructional MA videos and I would love to write reviews for them so I can help people make good decisions and not spend money on something that sucks.

We could have multiple reviews for the same video by different people and have like an "average rating" or something and let people read each other's reviews.

It could be set up so we have to submit our reviews through you or something and you ahve to approve them to keep Joe Schmoe from writing a review like "this video sux lol" that doesn't really help anyone.

GeneChing
12-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I appreciate this idea, but so far, ngokfei has done little more than post the ad text for the given products and ask for the reviews of others. In fact, at this time, I'm one of the only ones who has given a significant review. So I'm a little disappointed in the response so far.

I'm not going to filter posts for the review threads. This is a forum. If you can't read past the "this whatever sux" reviews, you won't get very far here. Forums are great because they're so democratic. But what do you do when the democracy chooses idiocy? You just gotta join the masses or trod on...

Shaolinlueb
12-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Ill contribute reviews to what I have from Martialartsmart.