PDA

View Full Version : Buy marijuana at Target

IronFist
11-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Here you go (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-9091080-2931028?asin=0823916839).

Eddie
11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Geewizz that’s expensive, unless its quite a load.
Send me $25 and I can source you some Durban Poison. I hear there is a plantation close to my house.
Even though its still not legal in my country (and rightfully so I guess), that stuff to Africans are like Soya sauce to Chinese, or beer and potato crisps to pro wrestling fans.

Eddie

scotty1
11-25-2004, 01:13 AM
'Durban Poison' sounds like a laugh! :eek:

PaiLumDreamer
11-25-2004, 01:08 PM
I think ive been holed up in my house for too long.

CaptinPickAxe
11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Durban Poison is FIRE!!!

Toby
11-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Over here it's been decriminalized in most states. Dunno specifics, but I think you can have 1 or 2 plants or up to an oz and you just get an on-the-spot fine or have to attend an "education lecture". IIRC it's been decriminalized in a few northern European countries for a while now.

Finny
11-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Yeah that's right Toby

Now I just gotta find me some more seeds.....:D :p

FatherDog
11-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Over here it's been decriminalized in most states. Dunno specifics, but I think you can have 1 or 2 plants or up to an oz and you just get an on-the-spot fine or have to attend an "education lecture". IIRC it's been decriminalized in a few northern European countries for a while now.

It's decriminalized in the UK, I know. A friend of mine threw a party when they changed the law :D

Eddie
11-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Don’t know about de-criminalized, but its not that big a deal over here. Im sure the cops have better things to do than bust someone with a few grams of wheat on them. Just go to any soccer match at any of the many Johannesburg sports stadiums on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, and Im sure there will be more wheat there than in all of Holland’s coffee shops combined.

For many people its not a problem, but the problem is when kids start taking it. It usually leads to more harsher drug use, and that’s where the problem come lies.

Criminalized or De- criminalized, either way Im ok with it. Don’t smoke it myself, and would probably freak if my son starts smoking it one day.
Eddie

Shaolinlueb
11-26-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Eddie
Don’t know about de-criminalized, but its not that big a deal over here. Im sure the cops have better things to do than bust someone with a few grams of wheat on them. Just go to any soccer match at any of the many Johannesburg sports stadiums on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, and Im sure there will be more wheat there than in all of Holland’s coffee shops combined.

For many people its not a problem, but the problem is when kids start taking it. It usually leads to more harsher drug use, and that’s where the problem come lies.

Criminalized or De- criminalized, either way Im ok with it. Don’t smoke it myself, and would probably freak if my son starts smoking it one day.
Eddie

in the usa i think they even now seek the maximum fine for this stuff. :rolleyes: good thing we do jsut a good job with busting up rapists and robbers :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

scotty1
11-26-2004, 02:01 AM
It's not decriminalized over here, it's just been lowered to a class C.

Things like Ecstasy, Coke and heroin are A.

So the Police basically don't do anything about it unless you're being a d!ck, selling it etc.

TaiChiBob
11-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Greetings..

let's look at the potential.. legalized and controlled like alcohol, it would create a new job and tax base.. it would free up confused minds that link "hemp" to ganja and set up a massive renewable resource for natural fibers more durable than cotton, a source for many kinds of paper products, oils that would replace many more expensive and less practical products.. and, the arguement that it is a "gate-way drug" is only true because it has been driven underground where the harder drugs are readily available.. the real problem is that it is the criminal elements in the underworld that profit from this situation when it should be the taxpayer..

Opposition to legalization is largely from two sources, the flawed indoctrination by radical conservatives and the criminal element that profits from its illegal status.. by comparison, look at the social and personal price alcohol has cost.. cannibis has only a fraction of the harmful effects of alcohol, and.. given the choice i believe a majority of alcohol users would opt for a buzz that doesn't leave them with a hangover, or give them the illusion they are invincible, or so completely compromise their motor-skills that they can't function, or bring out hostilities, etc... Additionally, the huge cost to investigate, arrest, prosecute and incarcerate cannibis offenders could be much more wisely used to control the real drug problems.. I've never seen a "stoned" brawl, i have seen many "drunken" brawls..

It makes common sense to move toward a legalized status for this natural herb.. it could only help to improve the existing situation.. more jobs, more tax revenue, no cost to prosecute, more social control of its distribution and use by responsible adults, more marketable products that are eco-friendly, and, less violence and abuse from its users compared to other recreational substances.. (ie: alcohol, hard drugs, etc...).. so, why do people sit by and let criminals and redical conservatives negate common sense approaches to social improvements?

Be well..

cerebus
11-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Tai chi Bob has just put the Correct in his bong and smoked it!

When I was a cop, and later as a corrections officer, I would just shake my head over how people would get the book thrown at 'em over having a friggin' baggy of pot, while child molesters would go free after a few months (and be right back in again a month later!).

That's one of the reasons I had to get outta that line of work, too much STOOOOOPID sh!t.

CaptinPickAxe
11-26-2004, 05:02 PM
What does the nation gain from putting pot-smokers (not pot dealers) behind bars?

Don't we pay for all the inmates? It boggles my mind how our country is being run. People who kill others while driving intoxicated get about as much time as a person arrested with two ounces of pot! WTF is a pothead gonna do wrong besides ruin their physique by eating 3 bags of Funyuns to squelch the munchies?

Shaolinlueb
11-26-2004, 05:12 PM
if you do a search for it on target you get like 400+ results.

cerebus
11-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Well, it goes quite well with various other focked up ways of thinking here in the U.S. such as : "Ultra-violence in media (including bombarding kids with such images) is okay, but nudity (any at all, even a bare breast during a football game halftime show, for instance) is a horrible thing punishable by severe fines."

Conservative thinking of this sort in this country goes all the way back to the pilgrims and is so entrenched in the national culture that we're probably stuck with it for at least another couple hundred years.

:(

diego
11-28-2004, 08:28 PM
uno what's sad about the pothead issue...i don't even like smoking it it hurts the lungs and as a rapper and kungfukid that is not good vibes:)

so it's like i don't like getting drunk...which was the first drug that led me into ciggarettes then sniffing glue then pot then lsd...never messed with the hard stuff...experimented but never got hooked like some kids i know...had my first beer at five years old and then my brother handed me a puff of his ciggarrette...around the age of 10 is when i had my first potbuzz and lsd at 12...went off til i was 18 and now just smoke the kind and maybe some ciggarrettes...only drink at events

if it was legal i would just eat pot cookies and brownies and then i would not be killing myself...maybe the buzz would alter my natural thought processes but i mean how is that worse than alchohol...smoke too much pot and all you have to do is lay down and eat candy until your blood sugers are normal and you can function...i have never hallucinated off pot...but spent much time as a youth hallucinatting of prescribed drugs like gravol the motion sickness pill...my god take twenty of those and you in neverland and it only costs like two dollars for a bottle of 100 at your local durgstore...or alchohol...drink too much in one sitting and the only way you can get over that is by having a good nights sleep...ever heard of a hippy shooting up the peace rally? rappers make a lot of money talking about thugs up in the club drunk getting crunk on that azz for stepping on they toes and isht:)

so it's like if it was legal i would have a big enough stash to just eat it for relaxation instead of killing my lungs so by keeping it illegal they are just helping me kill myself as drugs have been a part of me as long as i can consciously remember...my first major memory is being passed a beer and a ciggarette at five...and then another major memory is getting 20 dollars for my birthday from grandma and buying heman back in 83

crazy shiat i tells ya...keeping harddrugs illegal just makes it so kids have to buy crap on the street mixed with rat poisens and such so proabition sp?? was a stupid experiment me thinks....something to do with the WASPS etc thinking they know reality in they fantasy world

they used to say shiat in the reefer madness days that pot the evil mexican weed makes wholesome white girls have sex with jazz playing blacks...uh you ever think ya daughter is a hoe uncle bob kkk lover? it ain't the weed buddy...

Serpent
11-28-2004, 09:13 PM
LOL. That's a great post, Diego!

To find out about the real reasons that pot is so criminalised, especially in the US (which had a knock-on effect everywhere else) do a few google searches and learn about how the cotton people protected their fortunes by making the hemp people effectively illegal.

As for the effect on people, whenever I get alcohol advocates spouting about how bad pot is, or even just clean living folk, I always ask them the same question:

You're walking down the street late at night on your own.

There's a big group of people on one side of the street, obviously very drunk.

There's a big group of people on the other side of the street, obviously very stoned.

Which side of the street do you choose to walk on?

;)

Toby
11-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Or you can go all scientamatific on their ass and start debating how tetra-hydra-cannibinol is an alcohol just like ethyl alcohol is.

Serpent
11-28-2004, 10:06 PM
MMmmmmmmtetra-hydra-cannibinol....

;)

TaiChiBob
11-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Greetings..

I once asked a police officer.. if you were at a party and you couldn't take your family home (for whatever reason) and you could only choose between an obviously drunk person or an obviously stoned person, which would you choose to deliver them safely home? He laughed and said that wasn't a fair question, but.. if he had to choose, it woud be the stoned person.. it's just not that bad and to ruin peoples lives for their "pursuit of happiness", to make criminals of otherwise decent folks is a crime itself..

Be well..

Ray Pina
11-29-2004, 07:51 AM
TaiChiBob for 2008!!!!!!!!

I'll get out and vote for that one.

Meat Shake
11-29-2004, 12:18 PM
"MMmmmmmmtetra-hydra-cannibinol...."

You stoners forgot delta-9.
:p

And on the note of durban poison...
*DROOLSLOBBERSLOBEBRDROOL*

norther practitioner
11-29-2004, 01:00 PM
It's cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Eddie
12-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Apparently, South Africa’s wheat is pretty good. I hear from a friend that the Durban Poison and Transkei Gold are revered amongst grass smokers all across the world. Apparently its like tea, so Durban poison would be like the Oolong tea of wheat I suppose.

When my mom went through chemo, a herbalist suggested she take Dagga (so we call it here) tea to counter the effects. Wheat grass tea worked just as well, so she rather took those. Just wonder what the big issue is. As for harder drugs (and even LSD), Im pretty much against it all.

Meatshake, just come down here sometime. Its Africa’s national herb.

CaptinPickAxe
12-01-2004, 02:58 AM
San Antonio's area code multiplied by two is 420. heheheheh.

TaiChiBob
12-01-2004, 06:00 AM
greetings..

A lesser thought of side-effect of the persecution of cannibis is the almost comical widespread use of it.. there are local areas where the law enforcement community simply looks the other way or looks right at you and just shakes their heads with a wry smile.. it reinforces the futility of drug laws.. what is needed is to legalize cannibis and use the revenues to control the drugs that actually harm society.. (i'm still on the fence regarding mushrooms, they can be excellent recreation but you should really stay off the streets..)..

Common-sense approaches to the individual's right to "pursuit of happiness" is not the current standard. It should be. Particularly if an individual grows their own and doesn't contribute $ to the criminal enterprises which sometimes control commercial distribution of cannibis. There is quite an intellectual community of herbalists that are gifted horticulturists and should recieve recognition from the scientific community for their remarkable achievements, their work approaches "Art"..

The current ability (or lack thereof) by the law enforcement to control cannibis makes it seem okay to venture into more harmful experimentation with less desirable drugs. The wise approach would be for congress to say, "Okay, you can have the sacred herb, but.. the penalties for hard drugs are non-negotiable and severe.." In the privacy of my own home and on the property i own i should be exempt from prosecution for anything that doesn't harm someone else..

Back in the '60s we tried to start a movement where every one took their seeds and scattered them along roadsides, in the forests and fields, in the parks, etc.. in hindsight i suspect that would have been an environmental disaster but.. it sounded good at the time :rolleyes: But, join NORML, contribute to activist groups that are willing to work for our rights, get active yourself.. heck, its our brothers and sisters going to jail, burdened by "criminal" records, losing their income abilities or even their professional licensure.. and, it could be you.. do something today that make tomorrow less threatening for you and your children and other responsible freedom loving people..

Be well..

Shooter
12-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Durban's a lightweight...or so I'm told

unixfudotnet
12-01-2004, 01:03 PM
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-7324661-5013444?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000005D70

dont forget a parting gift ;)

thanks target!

SanSoo Student
12-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Target took it off their website, I guess they weren't making enough money selling weed at that price.

Hau Tien
12-02-2004, 07:11 AM
I'm glad to see that opinions on this forum have changed since the last time I hung out here. I got trashed a LOT for saying I smoked cannabis.

I smoke a LOT of cannabis. 5-6 times a day, ideally. I have for about 5 years now, and it has done nothing but make my life better.

I should specify here that I'm not saying that it's for everyone, but it has made an immeasurable increase in the quality of my life.

I first started smoking regularly at the age of 23. Prior to that I had problems with insomnia, anger, and stress. My focus was poor and I had little motivation. After I started smoking regularly, I had my first REAL night of sleep ever. It was incredible. I felt so awake... so alive. My motivation increased. My focus became much better. I went back to college and got a diploma and a much better career. I began my martial arts training and have excelled at it and have great motivation in my training.

Again... this is not a typical "giggly idiot" reaction, I know, and I'm certainly not suggesting that other people will get this same sort of reaction... but if even a few people get this from a relatively harmless substance (both socially and physically), I cannot see why it should be illegal :(

Here in Canada, they've been tossing "decriminalization" around for a bit. Decriminalization is a ridiculous idea. The idea here is to reduce penalties for minor possession to a fine akin to a speeding ticket while increasing (doubling) the penalties for people growing/selling.

There are MANY reasons that this is just as bad as the current illegal status. #1 is that it keeps all of the proceeds in the hands of the "black market" and it generates no tax revenue. Doubling the penalties for traffickers pushes cannabis further into the realm of "hard drugs" and exposes people who would generally only have an interest in cannabis to those who are pushing coke/crack/heroin, etc.

Also, keeping cannabis illegal makes it EASIER for kids to get. When I was in highschool it was much more difficult (but obviously not impossible) for me to get alcohol, as I had to find someone to bootleg it for me. With pot, I could have purchased it from any of the 20 people I knew who sold it right at the school.

I live in a fairly large Canadian city, and one block from my apartment 16 year old kids thinking they are Tony Soprano are selling dime bags on a corner. I don't see any kids selling bottles of vodka on street corners.

I agree with what the others have said about making criminals of people who have never broken the law, other than their own substance use. It makes no sense :(

Vash
12-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Hau Tien
I smoke a LOT of cannabis. 5-6 times a day, ideally. I have for about 5 years now, and it has done nothing but make my life better.

Dayum. You smoke like Xebs punches the clown.

Toby
12-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I was in the same boat, HT. Same amounts, same positive reaction. For a long time I did heavy physical labour while stoned, and had no motivation or focus problems. A lot of people didn't do so well in the same circumstances though. OTOH I used to spend up to 6mths overseas each year and smoke nothing while away.

TaiChiBob
12-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Greetings..

Cannibis used as a frequent recreational toy will eventually alter your perspectives and reduce motivation.. on the other hand, if it is treated like a sacrement, respected for its ability to enhance creativity, to reduce stress, to enhance intuitiveness and to soften hard or edgy attitudes, it has a useful purpose is the grand scheme of life-experiences.. In my 20s ('70s) no 4 hour period went by without a buzz enhancement, i lived in a constant fog of giggles and amusing situations but accomplished no great deeds.. now, i pick the times and places with care and intent, and respect the potentials available from a quality experience..

My recent purchase of a very nice Shakuhachi Flute (much different from my Native American Flutes) has posed a real challenge to my breath control and focus.. the Herb has kept me from turning this wonderful instrument into just another Escrima stick.. the sound it makes (rarely for me) is a uniquely spiritual vibration.. ( if you are interested go to www.shakuhachi.com).. but, the frustration of trying to make it sound like it's supposed to is humbling and annoying, but.. after sampling the local harvest, it seems to to be less annoying and more of a contest between me and the bamboo ( i WILL subdue this beast)..

Continual use of cannibis becomes mundane, selective use keeps the relationship between normal and paranormal experiences in perspective.. infrequent and selective use enhances the desired effect and preserves your lungs better.. i do not advocate the use of cannibis, that is an individual's choice that should not be influenced by my input.. but, for those adults that have made an informed decision to indulge without abuse, i say it's your right and no one should push their archaic opinions and special interests into your personal "pursuit of happiness"..

Be well..

David Jamieson
12-03-2004, 07:25 AM
potheads