PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong trip

Nick Forrer
11-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Report and pictures from HK trip (http://www.wongvingtsun.co.uk/news/news.htm)

couch
11-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Looks like it was a good trip. I'm very envious that you got to go and meet such wonderful and experienced people. I wish that I would have had the chance to meet Wong Sifu. ...Or even now his son and his students. One day... Pasadena California might be more plausible than Hong Kong...(lookout Ernie!)
:)
Thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,
Couch

Vajramusti
11-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Nick- thanks for sharing the pics.

Kevin Bell
11-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Good one Nick though i prefer the one with Lord Flash.

"Cancel the state funeral tell the king Flash is not dead i simply ran out of juice, and before all the girls say oh,whats the point in living anymore im talking about petrol woof woof"

Ernie
11-25-2004, 12:20 PM
hey Nick were are you in those pic's :D

couch doors always open ;)

sihing
11-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ernie

I was just going to ask the same question, lol..

Nick Forrer
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Ernie

Myself, Adam and Roland (my training partner - good friends with Darren who I think trains at Garys sometimes) didnt make it this year.

Still theres always next year

sihing
11-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Nick,
Sorry to change the subject but awhile ago you mentioned that you rolled with a well known GJJ player (can't remember his name) and then you said you played around with Boztepe and his anti-grappling stuff. I asked for your comparison on the related thread but I guess you didn't see it. Would you care to compared the two and give us (me) a report. Like would Boztepe be able to apply his anti-grappling against the GJJ player you rolled with? Just curious..Thanks.

James

Nick Forrer
11-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi James - I dont have time tonight - Its 8pm and im going training soon.

However I will try and post a reply tommorow.

I was going to post another Emin seminar report with a discussion about anti grappling but the last one degenrated quickly and im not sure things would fair any better this time. Im also wary of style vs style comparisons - especially where well known people who know me are concerned.

It may take the form of a PM then.

I am currently doing a ground fighting research project myself so my conclusions at the moment are somewhat tentative.

Stay tuned............

AndrewS
11-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Nick,

if you want to start the anti-grappling thread, count me in. It would be a useful way for me to go through some old points afresh.

Andrew

sihing
11-25-2004, 09:14 PM
OK Nick, looking forward to the PM

James

SAAMAG
11-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Same here...as I am starting ebmas soon from currently practicing WC. So Im curious as to it's effectiveness as well.

Ultimatewingchun
11-25-2004, 10:17 PM
"I was going to post another Emin seminar report with a discussion about anti grappling but the last one degenrated quickly and im not sure things would fair any better this time." (Nick)

I won't hijack the thread and start flaming Boztepe again....honest!