PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pains

qeySuS
10-17-2001, 10:28 PM
No not like "Oh i'm not digesting well" or something, it's just i've been sparring a lot for the past 2 weeks in preperation for my trip to USA to compete (first time in USA *yay*). We dont sparr FULL contact but it's usually pretty hard, and i've been receiving a lot of Sidekicks and/or backsidekicks/donkey kicks to the stomach. And i first started feeling this yesterday, and again today, not even that hard blows but my stomach just quenches when i get hit there, plus i felt yesterday when i went to sleep like i was getting a few seconds of spasm in my stomach (propably the abdominal muscles).

I'll propably get a decent rest for the next 3 days, so does anyone know this kind of injury? Should i rub Dit Dar Jow on it or is this some kind of intestant problem to which DitDarJow would do nothing?

Free thinkers are dangerous!

JWTAYLOR
10-17-2001, 11:09 PM
Hernias suck. Make sure you don't have one.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Johnny Hot Shot
10-17-2001, 11:11 PM
I must be tired Because I thought the topic read "Small *****" not "Stomach Pains"... I don't know man I'm lagging big time today.

Perhaps you should see a DR. better to be safe than sorry. Where are you going to be in the US?

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson

qeySuS
10-17-2001, 11:17 PM
Well dunno what a hernia is :)

soy
10-17-2001, 11:27 PM
If you're going to compete, I'd definetly see a doctor that specializes in sport medicine. I mean, why not? It's probably nothing, but then again it might be something. So definetly get it checked out. You want to be able to stand up when you're 40 right?

JWTAYLOR
hernia Her"ni*a, n.; pl. E. Hernias, L. Herni[ae]. [L.] (Med.) A protrusion, consisting of an organ or part which has escaped from its natural cavity, and projects through some natural or accidental opening in the walls of the latter; as, hernia of the brain, of the lung, or of the bowels. Hernia of the abdominal viscera in most common. Called also rupture.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

qeySuS
oh yeah, i'm going to Baltimore for a week, but the first week will be in Hartford Connecticut, a tournement there and a week training camp at Master Parks place in Baltimore. (it's TKD btw :) )

toddbringewatt
10-18-2001, 02:33 AM
You really need to go have it checked out by a doctor. It's probably nothing but you want to make SURE it's nothing serious.

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

qeySuS
10-18-2001, 02:56 AM
Bah ok, i guess i gotta go, better not be anything that messes with me going out. I'll slap on some dit dar tonight and see how it is tomorrow. (the spasms have stopped, i just took a solid back kick in practice earlier tonight and felt how it hurt more then it usually does).

Isnt it more likely that this is simply like getting a bruised muscle anywhere else? Like a black eye or a bruise on your shin, it's just in my stomach now ?

shaolinboxer
10-18-2001, 03:44 PM
It's probably just torn muscle. This morning my lower abs are so blown out I had to clutch my thighs and do a bicep curl to sit up.

Need to rest it a bit.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

toddbringewatt
10-18-2001, 04:01 PM
Again,

GO TO THE DOCTOR!

HUODINI DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEED FROM A BLOW TO THE STOMACH.

It is possible.

If you don't know what it is and it COULD be something serious, seek medical attention ALWAYS. Don't mess around with your body. You only get one per lifetime, so take care of it.

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

qeySuS
10-18-2001, 06:13 PM
Oh well i cant get a doctors appointment until tuesday and i'm going out on wednesday so that's pretty futile.

Guess i'll just have to live with it and hope nothing is wrong.

JWTAYLOR
10-18-2001, 06:19 PM
Or you can go Tuesday to see how you should prepare for Wednesday. If it turns out it's nothing, great. But if it turns out to be something and you decide to compete anyway, your doctor may be able to show you some ways to prepare yourself a litte more.

JWT

qeySuS
10-18-2001, 06:22 PM
hmm good point. Nothing i can do until monday anyway, so i'll just keep applying dit dar and get some rest over the weekend, see how it is then.