PDA

View Full Version : Journal of Chinese Martial Arts

Three Harmonies
11-26-2004, 05:29 PM
I am interested in back issues of Nick Scrima's "Journal of Chinese Martial Arts" I know they are out of print now, but if anyone has backissues they are interested in selling or getting rid of please contact me.

Thanks
Jake Burroughs
three_harmonies@hotmail.com
www.threeharmonies.com

HearWa
11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
http://crane.50megs.com

Is this related? I found that website a few days ago, actually.

Three Harmonies
11-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Interesting stuff, but no not it. This was a series of Journals (quality magazines) that Nick Scrima produced late 90's early 00's! I was hoping someone somewhere had backissues they wanted to get rid of.
Thanks though, interesting site.
Jake

David Jamieson
11-27-2004, 08:01 AM
man I HATE it when people plop sound files into their site!

It's just friggin rude and poor design....

but anyway. lol

NorthernShaolin
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
I thnink this is what your refering to:

http://www.goviamedia.com/journal/articles.html

Three Harmonies
11-27-2004, 02:16 PM
No Nick Scrima actually made a magazine Called "Journal of Chinese Martial Arts." Have one in my hand. Would like to get others.
Jake

mickey
11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Greetings,

Nick Scrima renamed his mag The Journal of Chinese Martial Arts during its final few issues. The original title was The Wu Gong Journal. I hope that helps you in your search.

I did email him a couple of years ago about putting the journals on cd rom for those people like yourself who would be interested in the entire run. He was not interested in doing so and was putting more time into his correspondence course.

mickey

Three Harmonies
11-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Mickey
That does help, thank you. Bummer about the CD Rom, but what can one do. Do you know if he has back issues he is willing to sell?

Jake

mickey
11-27-2004, 03:48 PM
That I do not know. I remember that he did have a few left a few years ago when he was finished with the run. Try contacting him. I think his website is still up.

I found something:

mailto:shifu@studykungfu.com

Good Luck,

mickey

GeneChing
11-29-2004, 10:25 AM
...I wrote a cover story for Wu Gong Journal of Chinese Martial Arts in Vol .2, Jul/Aug '97. It was a valient effort on behalf of Mr. Scrima - he kept the magazine's integrity until the bitter end. We've ahd a few nice independant magazines like that. I suspect this sort of publication, grass root s publishing, if you will (really a martial arts fanzine) is gone the way of the brontosaurus and the independant bookstore, sad to say. Now that we have the internet, it's a lot cheaper to publish there and you get a wider audience.