PDA

View Full Version : The Decline Of Western Civilization

BAI HE
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Nipples and weed can only lead to harder drugs and a life of debauchery.....

bring it on.

BAI HE
11-26-2004, 07:46 PM
OOOPS, i WAS OFF TARGET ON THE "TARGET" THREAD....
TOO MUCH BROCCOLI.....

diego
11-26-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BAI HE
Nipples and weed can only lead to harder drugs and a life of debauchery.....

bring it on. western civilization is highly overrated

BAI HE
11-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Goddam Canadians.... first they grow the Northern Lights, the drinking age is 18, St. Catherine's Blvd., clean air, universal health care....

Can I buy a visa Pally?

Chang Style Novice
11-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Reporter: "Mr. Gandhi, what are your thoughts on Western Civilization?"

Mohandas Gandhi: "I think it is an excellent idea, the time for which has finally come!"

Chang Style Novice
11-26-2004, 08:54 PM
On a related note, "The Decline of Western Civilization" is a flick I've never seen, although I think the first sequel is absolutely excellent.

diego
11-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BAI HE
Goddam Canadians.... first they grow the Northern Lights, the drinking age is 18, St. Catherine's Blvd., clean air, universal health care....

Can I buy a visa Pally?

DEPENDS IF YOU WANT TO DIP INTO MY STASH OR NOT

ifso on that i say FUQ NO;)

What exactly is western civilization? couldn't be fuqt to check dictionary.com but i bet the natives don't like it...or they wouldn't like it or blah BACK TO MY STASH

lightsout
11-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
On a related note, "The Decline of Western Civilization" is a flick I've never seen

'sgood. If you like the sequel, you'll like it.

Ford Prefect
11-27-2004, 08:19 AM
I'm pretty sure you only have to wait a year or so before all the red tape is cut for a move to Canada from the US. Might as well apply now. You can leave quicker. ;)

Shaolinlueb
11-27-2004, 08:50 AM
wasnt that a bad religion song also?

SPJ
11-27-2004, 05:44 PM
What goes up must come down. - The stock market.

What comes down will go up. -The waves of the ocean.

The moon will be full and then eclipse.

The weather will always change.

So we go with flow and we may enjoy the ride either up or down.

However, if we go against the tide or the flow, we will have tough time to hold our direction steady; if not engulfed by the waves and sunk into the bottom of the ocean.

:D

SPJ
11-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Chinese culture integrated so many other cultures over the period of 5000 years of recorded history.

Western cultures had renaissance since the 16 century.

Western cultures are thriving and leading in the 21 century.

We are going to the moon and then Mars.

SPJ
11-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Internet freed people to more instant media and communication.

Free flow of info, digitalized image and text are beyond borders.

We no longer rely on books, mags, TV, and newspaper alone for info.

The info has global reach in the computer of your home.

Western culture or any culture will have instant global effects via internet.

A culture in digital communications, cell phone, mobile computing, on and on.

The civilization from the era of recording on trees, bamboo sticks, tortoise shells is replaced by internet and binary sig.

The declines are the time, space, and many other barriers.

ZIM
11-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by diego

What exactly is western civilization? couldn't be fuqt to check dictionary.com but i bet the natives don't like it...or they wouldn't like it or blah BACK TO MY STASH
Best short answer I've seen went something along the lines of:
Western Civilisation and its institutions always form under external threat, from its founding with the Holy Roman Empire to the present day. It appears more warlike than is true in consequence.

Best longer answer is to read the Western Canon, but I don't want to get you down or anything. Reading Plato when you've been sucking the pipe kinda blows. :p

WinterPalm
11-27-2004, 07:06 PM
The First movie the Decline of Western Civilization is avery good movie with many punk bands from California that have never been recorded outside of that video. Hard to get but definately worth seeing if not for Fear performing "I love living in the City".

diego
11-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ZIM
Best short answer I've seen went something along the lines of:
Western Civilisation and its institutions always form under external threat, from its founding with the Holy Roman Empire to the present day. It appears more warlike than is true in consequence.

Best longer answer is to read the Western Canon, but I don't want to get you down or anything. Reading Plato when you've been sucking the pipe kinda blows. :p

Artist: Ice-T f/ Jello Biafra
Album: The Iceberg
Freedom Of Speech, Just Watch What You Say...
Song: Shut Up, Be Happy

We interrupt this program with a special bulletin:
America is now under marshall law.
All constitutional rights have been suspended.
Stay in your homes.
Do not attempt to contact love ones, insurance agent or attorney.
Shut up.
Do not attempt to think or depression may occur.
Stay in your homes.
Curfew is at 7 PM sharp after work.
Anyone caught outside of gates of their surveillance sectors after curfew
will be shot.
Remain calm, do not panic.
Your neighborhood watchofficer will be by to collect urine samples in
the morning.
Anyone caught interferring with the collection of urine samples will be
shot.
Stay in your homes, remain calm.
The number one enemy of progress is question.
National security is more important than individual will.
All sports broadcasts will proceed as normal.
No more than two people may gather anywhere without permission.
Use only the drugs pescribed by your boss or supervisor.
Shut up, be happy.
Obey all orders without question.
The comformental mandor??? is now mandatory.
Be happy.
At last everything is done for you:D

ZIM
11-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Western Civ, not just America.

But there's always room for Jello. :D

diego
11-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ZIM
Western Civ, not just America.

But there's always room for Jello. :D

western civ/america same shiat just a bunch of shiat

nah if you look at history we doing alright...from a bhuddists pov i got hope for the future cuz soon the old boys network will die out completely as women are doing better than they were even 50 years ago...once women gain more power in politics etc shiat will neutral out and then nonwhites can get they foot in the arena and with our technology and science that could be a good show...get a female pres' then we will have a black/latino/native/oriental pres' and then we will be more like what we should be, word life

unless we get hit by a meteor or nuclear showers then shiat will go straight back to the boys club and race wars etc...but i think we will be good

shiat like crack and aids didn't help the fight in the 80's but we'll figure something out no doubt...humans is one creative fuq!:)

SPJ
11-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Since everything goes in the circle of time and space.

Lao Tzu and Zhuang Tzu suggested that always stay humble and keep a low profile.

Buddhists suggested no attachments to worldly things, such as status, wealth, fame, power etc. Since they are all impermanent and thus are illusionary.

All empires must end.

The very reasons for its formation/birth and growth will seed its own demise.

Overstretch so to speak.

Qin Si Huang used two thirds of his subjects to build the Great Wall and the dynasty did not last long. People everywhere rose against him.

Wu Guo's king Fu Zhai conquered many northern bigger states.

The weak and small naighboring Yuet Guo rested and builded strength without any warfare for sometime.

One day Yuet Wang/king Gou Jian just walked in and took over the broke, weary and warring all the time Wu Guo with no sweat.

Wu Yuet Spring and Fall is a popular read for a lot of people.

TAO YIN
11-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Well, there sure are a lot of kids here in China who wear Nike, listen to Eminem and 50 Cent, sing "Country Road," "Careless Whispers," and "Hotel California," watch the "Friends" dvd box set in almost awe, ask question after question about "Sex in the City," know nothing about traditional Kung Fu, eat at Mc Donalds and KFC, ride to school in their Pop's Mercedez, or perhaps Ford, know where Kevin Garnett lives, who he is married to, and all of that, play on the internet for days on end, talk on cell phones endlessly, and...well other than that, uhh, they are not getting into lines yet, they still believe about everything they read, at least most times, and...I forgot.

Tao Yin

Chang Style Novice
11-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Tao Yin -

Just guessing here, but I'll bet that sort of thing is much more rich city kids than poor country kids. And I'll also bet there's a lot more of the latter than the former.

TAO YIN
11-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Chang Style,

Nah, not really. For the most, more people live in the cities. It's not just the rich kids in the cities either. Let's not forget the laws of having "children" here. It's also the poor, who we would perhaps refer to as, "inner city" children. You remember how bad almost every kid wanted a pair of Jordans at home? It's basically the same here. Of course, there will always be exceptions. Like I implied, it goes from the Mercedez child to the Ford child, and it even goes for the happy bus riders sometimes.

Even if the city side influence isn't enough, even the country side is now, foreignated. Go to just outside of Beijing, go to Er-Mei Shan, Le Shan, Wu Dang Shan, he-ll, Shaolin...even more he-ll go to Tibet. The old Lao Wei has been in this country for quite some time. Of course, this is not the rule. If you get far enough away from "all of it," it's old school.

Tao