PDA

View Full Version : Qi Gong

Broken One
11-27-2004, 11:08 PM
How many of you practice qigong whether it be through Slt or seperate qigong exercies you learned else where. How has it affected your wingchun?

sihing
11-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Most of my Chi-Kung now is through the SLT. Back a few years ago I practiced Tein Tao Chi-Kung techniques taught by my Sifu, and also some from Gm William Cheung and some meridian stretches taught by Sifu too. How did it effect my WC? Hard to say. I never got sick though for the two years that I practiced it religously. I also supplemented it with accupressure methods.

Stuff like this takes some serious time commitments and consistency to work effectively. My Simo, who is senior to me, hit me once during a double arm chi-sao exchange and I felt it inside the body, so in WC it sorta works that way. The energy will develop when one has put the time and effort in..

James

Jim Roselando
11-28-2004, 07:38 AM
James,

Back a few years ago I practiced Tein Tao Chi-Kung techniques taught by my Sifu,

Did your sifu learn the Tien Tao from Sifu Roger Hagood's course?

Regards,

RedJunkRebel
11-28-2004, 09:59 AM
I also practice Chen Style Tai Chi's Silk Reeling Qigong. I think it helps alot... from relaxation, to Chi cultivation, to patience, to rootedness and having a strong base/trunk, to power generation.

sihing
11-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Jim Roselando
James,

Back a few years ago I practiced Tein Tao Chi-Kung techniques taught by my Sifu,

Did your sifu learn the Tien Tao from Sifu Roger Hagood's course?

Regards,

I don't believe so Jim. Sifu has been doing that stuff since the 70's, and I never really asked him where he learned it from. I assume it was from his Sifu back at that time. He became a member of the Chinese National Chi-Kung Institute back in the mid-80's.

James

couch
11-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Learn it online!

http://www.shaolinbrand.com/shaolinbrand/htmqigong/sx010001.htm

Broken One
11-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Thankyou all for your replys :)

Ultimatewingchun
11-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Broken One
How many of you practice qigong whether it be through Slt or seperate qigong exercies you learned else where. How has it affected your wingchun?

From William Cheung: SLT...(especially the first section)...and chi kung circular breathing exercises (with visualization).

Both give a tangible sense of internal energy movement during my workouts.

The meridian stretching exercises taught by William Cheung also help - but for me the first two that I mentioned give a more tangible "feeling" of internal energy movement.

Sometimes becomes noticeable during chi sao and wooden dummy training as well.

Broken One
11-28-2004, 12:19 PM
In any sort of qigong exercise is the chi you built up through practice lost or is it stored in your dan tien?

I've noticed that when going through slt my body (more so my hands) stay warm for about an hour then after that the feeling goes away, does that mean the energy i built up during pratice has gone away ? do i have to do anything special to store the energy ?

Jim Roselando
11-28-2004, 12:56 PM
James,

I don't believe so Jim. Sifu has been doing that stuff since the 70's, and I never really asked him where he learned it from. I assume it was from his Sifu back at that time. He became a member of the Chinese National Chi-Kung Institute back in the mid-80's.

Same stuff! Its good! Those who are not near a qualified Chi Kung sifu can indeed learn high quality stuff from that course!

Regards,