PDA

View Full Version : Mq

holymantis
11-28-2004, 09:28 AM
hello all,
how would you like your info for MQ being changed and not told of this till you see it in print .
i would like to know what everyone thinks of this!!!!.

holymantis:confused:

BeiTangLang
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Whats MQ & why didn't you just ask them about it??

namelessoutlaw
11-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Do you mean Mantis Quarterly? Did you ask why your content was changed?

sayloc
11-29-2004, 08:21 PM
It depends on what they changed.

BeiTangLang
12-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Well,...are you going to tell us what happened ??
What information you submitted was changed??

holymantis
12-01-2004, 02:52 PM
it is the master paul drummond piece.
when someone is willing to give info .
persons passing that on should not disrespect that master

holymantis

BeiTangLang
12-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Well,..I'm taking it that you did not submit the article then & are not the author.

Is it possible at all that ther writer of the piece & the publisher agreed to alter the contents for space, etc. ???

If this was agreed to by the author, then this whole thread was for nothing...except to spread discontent.

If it was not agreed to abridge the piece, then I would of course agree with you.

I suppose time will tell.
~BTL

shirkers1
12-01-2004, 03:55 PM
I'M NOT KIDDING EITHER.....

here at my work over the musak WE ARE THE WORLD is playing and I think it speaks.. NO sings volumes to what is going on here.

I'll go back to my statements of POSITIVELY helping the community instead of snide, negative actions by supposed "masters" and "representatives" of mantis. Come on people, I know I'm a lot younger than the people involved in this madness and I can see it's immature. So let's give it a break, either stop tearing people down or start putting out the supposed "right" info for us mantis practitioners to look into.

FEELERSTRIKE
12-01-2004, 04:29 PM
I feel that I must reply to this thread . It is interesting to see that after posting an article hear under the title of ORIGINS OF 7 STAR PRAYING MANTIS that was written by my shifu Paul Drummond . Which has only recieved 264 views and 4 comments that this thread has recieved more views and more comments . After gaining permission from Paul , I thought it was such a good article that it should be shared with the greater 7 Star community as a whole and not just to the readers of the Mantis Quarterly , which is unfortunatly not available to everyone ( just yet ) .
It is very rare that very useful information is shared between branches and from what I have read I can now see why . After reading the current issue it is clear to see that it has been edited . It is a shame that the editing is gaining more interest than the original article .
7 Star Praying Mantis is alive and well in the U.K. My shifu Paul was trained by the late Grandmaster Mo Lam and has been involved in 7 Star Praying Mantis Boxing for over 40 years . He is the leading authourity on this style in Europe . Period .
I think the best thing for people to do is read both articles and then make your own minds up .
I am glad that people want to share their views on this subject but please do not disrespect my Shifu or our lineage for trying to share information .

German Bai Lung
12-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Kai Uwe Pel
Hi holymantis,

Very interesting!
Thanks for the info.

Kai Uwe Pel
www.chinwoomen.com

Yes of course this is the kind of information or post you like the best! :mad:
Too sad you will never change ...

@ Holymantis:

Did your Sifu told you to write this post here? Did he know that you did?
Is he also angry about the changing in the MQ?