PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered a KB from everythingtrackandfield

IronFist
11-28-2004, 08:39 PM
I got a 1 pood. It was $50.00 + $7.00 shipping. I'm sure I'll get an email from them or something saying shipping will be more cuz it's 36lbs, but still. If it's cool I'll order a 1.5 pood.

I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.

Samurai Jack
11-28-2004, 11:13 PM
What's a "pood"?

Serpent
11-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Like a dude, but made of sh!t.

IronFist
11-28-2004, 11:19 PM
16kg.

Toby
11-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
Like a dude, but made of sh!t. Roflmao!

Chief Fox
11-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
I got a 1 pood. It was $50.00 + $7.00 shipping. I'm sure I'll get an email from them or something saying shipping will be more cuz it's 36lbs, but still. If it's cool I'll order a 1.5 pood.

I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.

Sweet! I hope it works for you. Looking forward to the update.

IronFist
11-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I just got an email from them that says:

Thank you so much for your order! The kettle bells you ordered are currently out of stock, but will be available in mid-December. Since we are waiting for the, I have set your order up to ship directly to you from the manufacturer so you'll get them faster once they ARE available. You will not be charged until the item ships. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

rubthebuddha
11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
iron -- e-mail 'em back and ask if there's any way they could let you know once it's been shipped. i've done the same for some resistance bands, and as sevenstar knows, lifeline pretty much screwed with me for at least two months.

IronFist
11-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Good idea!

Pork Chop
12-03-2004, 08:59 AM
*crying as I admit this*

I just bought 2.... *sob*

my name is BB and I have a problem... I'm a training-equipment-aholic...

Suntzu
12-03-2004, 09:00 AM
yes........... yes you are :D

IronFist
12-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
*crying as I admit this*

I just bought 2.... *sob*

my name is BB and I have a problem... I'm a training-equipment-aholic...

What size did you order? Did they tell you they're out of stock, too?

btw, they're supposed to email me when it ships from the factory.

SevenStar
12-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
iron -- e-mail 'em back and ask if there's any way they could let you know once it's been shipped. i've done the same for some resistance bands, and as sevenstar knows, lifeline pretty much screwed with me for at least two months.

aye. beware of the "we'll ship them when they're available" statements.

Pork Chop
12-03-2004, 02:20 PM
The way the customer service lady presented it on the phone was different than the impression I got on this thread.

She said that it's a new item, that they were still arranging the delivery of the items for stocking, and that's why they didn't have any.

I have 3 day delivery once the shipment from the manufacturer is finalized (ie ready to ship to the everythingtrackandfield warehouses).

I have their 800 # on my cell phone, can posts it later if needbe.
The 800 # means they're reasponsible to better business bureau, so that's at least a start.

BTW- I ordered a 1 pooder and a 2 pooder. If I like 'em I'll order another of each. Up till now I've been using a 16lb medicine ball with handles as a kbell replacement and it's gotten too easy. I have a 30lb dumbell that's not bad for 20 to 40 reps either. Figure with my size, the 2 pooder should be fine; but got the 1 too, just in case. Want the other 2 so i can use 'em as stone locks for arm-swing punch training.

fa_jing
12-03-2004, 02:23 PM
the two is a beast. I'm getting one soon.

rubthebuddha
12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
bmore -- how big are you?

IronFist
12-09-2004, 01:15 PM
I just got another email from them:

(name removed)

I just found out from the manufacturer that they got some kettle bells in, but not all and they didn't have nearly enough for the majority of our orders. Unfortunately, this means they aren't getting more until around Jan. 28th, possibly sooner, but I wouldn't count on too much sooner. Please let me know what you'd like to do with your order and again, I apologize that we did not have them in stock.

Thanks,
Courtney C.

stubbs
12-09-2004, 01:58 PM
I know they're more expensive over here (and the Pound's very strong at the mo) but I found somewhere where I can get a 16kg, 24kg, and 32kg kettlebell for ?234 (about $450) including postage. The postage adds quite a bit so I might drive to London to pick them up. How much would you guys pay for a set like that?
________
Bmw M43 History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M43)

Chief Fox
12-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
I just got another email from them:

D-A-M-N! That sucks dude.

fa_jing
12-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by stubbs
I know they're more expensive over here (and the Pound's very strong at the mo) but I found somewhere where I can get a 16kg, 24kg, and 32kg kettlebell for £234 (about $450) including postage. The postage adds quite a bit so I might drive to London to pick them up. How much would you guys pay for a set like that?

It's significantly less here. check the prices at dragondoor and also at everythingtrackandfield. You might not be able to do any better though.

You can also post this kind of question on the dragondoor forum, they don't mind as long as it isn't a US competitor. Or just do a search there.

IronFist
12-10-2004, 12:13 PM
I told her to cancel my order if mine wasn't one of the ones filled in that previous shipment. Jan 28th is too far away to wait. I told her that if they got more in in the future I would order again and said thanks for keeping me updated.

fa_jing
12-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Iron, you should consider the adjustable KB from uskettlebells

Ford Prefect
12-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Dunno what it's like recently, but Dragondoor used to have similar supply problems. It wasn't uncommon to have to wait a month+ for your KB to ship.

Pork Chop
12-12-2004, 07:59 PM
About 5'10 or so.

right now, pushing 240 coz of all the problems I've had this year.

Average weight when i'm training normally tends to be 215 to 225.
I fought at 186 after emaciating myself for 6 months.

I'll be back to 220 for sure, and hopefully under 200.
Just gotta get some stuff straightened out- like where I'm going to live & work.

Dunno that i'll be as strong if i drop much under 215 tho.

PS: I didn't receive a followup email. In fact, originally when I talked to her, I said myself and my friend in virginia (referring to Iron) were members of a health and fitness message board; with more members waiting on our experiences to order kettlebells for themselves. Then again, I could've missed it.

norther practitioner
12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Just gotta get some stuff straightened out- like where I'm going to live & work.

dam dude, good luck with that.

Pork Chop
12-15-2004, 11:39 PM
thanx bro :)
Got interviews with japan and denver (believe it or not) coming up soon.
Got an offer for DC- but it'd require traveling 1 week out of every month... so I don't think i can do that one.

Decided I may give MD another chance- get a different job in the same location. It should be easier to get and if I can get a raise; then this place would be a lot more liveable, especially since i got rid of my nightmarish roommate.

IronFist
12-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
I said myself and my friend in virginia (referring to Iron)

I don't live in Virginia. Are you thinking of Norfolk?

rubthebuddha
12-16-2004, 11:04 PM
mother brain would be ****ed, i'm sure. :o

IronFist
12-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Indeed.

Pork Chop
12-17-2004, 11:40 AM
I don't know why I thought Norfair was in VA.
My bad man.

The mother brain comment was completely over my head