PDA

View Full Version : Holidays and failed attempts at restraint (vs. the pumpkin pie, etc)

unixfudotnet
11-29-2004, 09:53 AM
I live in the US and holidays are tough for those of us trying to keep to a somewhat structured eating program. Nothing I can not make up for, yet sure gym memberships are going to rise to record levels around this time of year.

My view is that it is ok to splurge a bit, just not over do it. It is the holidays and you should enjoy yourself, right?

Time to merge that kick thread with the pumpkin pie I ate during Thanksgiving ;)

Toby
11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
I pretty much forget about diet at Christmas time, although I try to avoid excess. I'll eat a tonne of meat, but try to keep away from starchy stuff. I'm a sucker for dessert though, so no doubt I'll overdo that. I just try to keep up my workouts, which is easy when all the stuff is out the back. Few years ago when I was at a gym it would close for 10 days-2 weeks over Christmas. The worst time of the year for sitting around :).

Vash
11-29-2004, 07:08 PM
I just eat a lot of meat and complex carbs, some stuffing, some cranberry sauce, and a hella lot of veggies. Stick to my workouts, don't eat more in one sitting than normal.

Except for egg nog. I went through 17 gallons last week before christmas, and scored an additional 9 in the 3 days afterword. Then all they had was that Soy ****. So I stopped.

IronFist
11-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Egg nog just sounds so fvcking nasty that I've never bothered to try it. Is there alcohol in it?

Vash
11-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Egg Nog is the stuff of life. I'm relatively certain that God Himself flavored it. Only the Land O' Lakes brand, though. All others taste less that perfect.

And no, the stuff I drink doesn't have alcohol. There are many brands you can buy already mixed, I'm sure, but I don't drink. Besides, I wouldn't spoil the heavenly and prefect goodness of it with mere alcohol. Crack maybe, alcohol never.

Hau Tien
11-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Lately I've been following something similar to the Warrior Diet. It's been going REALLY well. I used to eat this way naturally when I was a teen, so it wasn't very hard for me to get into again.

I look forward to being able to eat as much Xmas dinner as I like without interrupting my way of eating :)

Oso
11-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Time to merge that kick thread with the pumpkin pie I ate during Thanksgiving

hang your head in shame for only eating one!!!!

such a weak accomplishment.

your kung fu is obviously inferior to my kung fu as I ate 3 pies.

I'm planning on training hard on my pie kung over the next 3 weeks so i can eat 5 pies at christmas.

Ford Prefect
11-30-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm all for staying in shape, but you only get a small amount of holiday meals in your lifetime. I think you need to enjoy them unless it will effect your health greatly.

Oso
11-30-2004, 07:32 AM
indeed.

and, FTR, I lost 3 lbs between wednesday and sunday. ha-ha

Becca
11-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Putting down the pie pans don't coun't as loosing weight, Oso.

Oso
11-30-2004, 07:44 AM
what pie pans?????

oh, wait, I bet that was the crunchy bit.....