PDA

View Full Version : Squat 1,000lbs drug free?

IronFist
12-02-2004, 01:30 PM
This guy (http://www.dragondoor.com/success_stories/BudJeffries.html) says he has.

stubbs
12-02-2004, 01:43 PM
And 'breeze' through a 26 mile marathon? hhmmm.
________
Bmw x-coupe (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_X-Coupe)

Ford Prefect
12-02-2004, 02:01 PM
It's possible in very rare cases. I'd say most of the 1,000 lbs squatters had a lot of help from Vitamin S.

Dunno about you guys, but if I had to look like him to squat 1,000 lbs naturally, I wouldn't.

Samurai Jack
12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah, it's REALLY difficult for me to believe that a guy who is at least 150 pounds overweight is running 26 mile marathons and performing elite world record breaking powerlifts at the same time. Not to mention all of his other supposed athletic accomplishments. I mean, look at him! It's just unbelievable.

Toby
12-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Dunno about you guys, but if I had to look like him to squat 1,000 lbs naturally, I wouldn't. Lol! He's pretty funny-looking :D.

Vash
12-02-2004, 08:37 PM
"Hey, bull****?"

"Hey Vash, what's up?"

"Dude, you're totally getting sold to the public at dragondoor. The white Fat Albert has got you running out of his mouth in a rather impressive manner."

"For rizzle?"

"For rizzle my nizzle. Now, we both know I've shoveled a hellofalotta you in the past, but this dude has got me swimmin' in you. And he has man-boobies."

"Ah yes. The inheritor of my brown thrown."

"Seriously?"

"No, I'm just fukcin' with ya. This dude is so totally full of me."

"Totally."

"Aight man, keep it rizzle."

"For shizzle."

*click*

IronFist
12-02-2004, 11:50 PM
^ I wire tapped that phone call and spied on the correct.

fa_jing
12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Samurai Jack
Yeah, it's REALLY difficult for me to believe that a guy who is at least 150 pounds overweight is running 26 mile marathons and performing elite world record breaking powerlifts at the same time. Not to mention all of his other supposed athletic accomplishments. I mean, look at him! It's just unbelievable.

Nowhere in the artical did he claim to have run a marathon. His claim to endurance is 500 hindu squats in 16 minutes @350 pounds BW.

The video of him bottom-up squatting 1000 is out on the net somewhere. His thighs are above parallel at the start, but it is impressive.

FWIW, JMO and all that.

Samurai Jack
12-03-2004, 02:00 PM
"Kettlebell Success — Bud Jeffries
How to Smoke a 700 Lbs Lift, Breeze Through a 26-Mile Marathon and Jump Into a Full Splits — On the Same Day

World Champion Drug-Free Powerlifter Bud Jeffries Discusses How to Have Your Cake and Eat it Too: Simultaneously Possess Great Strength, Great Endurance and Great Flexibility — And How Kettlebell Training Contributes to This Renaissance-Like Athletic Goal."

fa_jing
12-03-2004, 02:21 PM
"I think that's the mistake that people have made. They've tried to take pure polar opposites and combine them without preparatory work. Without taking the time to build and maintain a strength and endurance base. Without any thought of interlocking levels, and without thought to the body's natural propensities. They've just said, "I want to be able to lift 700 pounds and I want to be able to run a marathon," which is totally possible… but it's not totally possible if you are training two completely conventional systems."

This is the explaination of the caption. He is not referring to himself for either a 700lb lift or a marathon and I think it's perfectly clear. Nor did he actually mention doing such a thing on the same day. DragonDoor marketing obviously came up with the caption, it's totally their style.

Not that mr. BJ is full/not full of shiat with regards to his content. But I doubt he ever claimed that he ran a marathon.

IronFist
12-03-2004, 05:56 PM
It was a bottom up squat? Sh.it I didn't even read the article :D