PDA

View Full Version : ot- oil change conversation

jun_erh
12-02-2004, 06:50 PM
I got an oil change today. I was talking to the guy waiting for my card to go through and I asked if anyone ever drove into that hole in the floor. He said yes sometimes people will just drive right in if the garage door is open. Some people are impatient and have really bad aim. They have to call a tow truck to get them out and it's quite embarassing for the person.

rogue
12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
I've never had my oil changed, it seems like something that would be better for my car than for me.

Some people are impatient and have really bad aim. They have to call a tow truck to get them out and it's quite embarassing for the person.
I saw this happen in a mens room in Penn Station.

jun_erh
12-03-2004, 11:11 AM
aren't you the right wing conservative guy. Must be, considering the plethora of bad jokes.

The Willow Sword
12-03-2004, 11:49 AM
I do all my own oil changes(occasionally if i am pressed for time i will go to a jiffy lube). But i like to change my own oil and replace the filter and such. gives me that sense of " i am taking care of my own vehicle".

PEACE/ TWS

Becca
12-04-2004, 01:09 AM
I do my own maintenance, as well, but mostly 'cause I ain't paying someone $25 bucks to do a 10 minute job for me when the supplies to do the job myself is only about 10 bucks. I also have a very old car, and there for do occasionally give it a deasle bath while changing the oil. Most mechanics these days have no idea what that is or why I would want to give my car one every 10k miles.

But back to driving into the pit... You think is would be embarrasing for a customer? I saw an experienced mechanic park a bus over the pit and forget to set the parking break. He came back a few minutes later to find the bus had rolled and slipped in. It was one of our newer hybrid electric buses, too, so it sat too low for the tow truck on property to get it out... We had to call another division to borrow thier smaller, older truck.:eek: :D