PDA

View Full Version : new kung fu magazine issue....

Pk_StyLeZ
12-02-2004, 07:38 PM
who is Pk_StyLeZ??
why does he look so funnie in that picture??

nice article write up btw
mang u told everything and just exactlly like how it was too...with the red people and orange people name calling too..lolz nice nice good job gene

Shaolinlueb
12-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
who is Pk_StyLeZ??
why does he look so funnie in that picture??

nice article write up btw
mang u told everything and just exactlly like how it was too...with the red people and orange people name calling too..lolz nice nice good job gene

its out? **** i didnt get mine in the mail yet :(

Pk_StyLeZ
12-02-2004, 08:34 PM
ya we both in it..we famous..=D
next goal..COVER PAGE..=D =D
hahahaha

Shaolinlueb
12-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
ya we both in it..we famous..=D
next goal..COVER PAGE..=D =D
hahahaha

yes yes

[mr burns grin] :D

norther practitioner
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Stop braggin' like you guys are the only ones in there...

Check out the taiji legacy writeup.

GeneChing
12-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Summertime, come and gone, my oh my...
Pk_StyLeZ - if you recall (and I'm in a bit of a rush so I'm not going to search the archives for it) I didn't know your forum identity until after the event or I would have faced you off with Shaolinlueb and kungfu****. spaz_dragon joined here after, but she's sort of a special case. Anyway, I had a few 'action' shots of you, but I shot all that stuff with our old digital camera (because all the good hardware was with Gigi in Taiwan at the time). Our old digi is slow, too slow to catch action, and that was the best shot. I'm not even sure what form that was. Next time, we'll get a better shot. ;) Thanks for your kind words on my work. That was a very unique event, an odd one to write up, but a lot of fun. I really hope Zhang Lipeng goes for it again.

Pk_StyLeZ
12-03-2004, 12:29 PM
hahaha ya i should have introduced my self in the tourny instead of after the tourny..o welz..lolz....but i know what form i was doing...but just dont know which move...i was doing the seven star form..and im not exactlly sure which move i was doing..there is 2 in my mind..either the chicken walk..or i am bout to drop into the pose..one of those

stop braggin??hahaha i never been on a magazine before..and wit my name n it too...HAHAHAHA I AMA BRAG!..but anywayz..it jus all out of fun..why u takin it so seriously??i could care less if i was in it or not

and yes i hope li peng goes for it again..if not..u can catch me at taiji legacy.....i tink?

norther practitioner
12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
lol, I'm just teasing.

cool... nice pic none the less

spaz_dragon
12-06-2004, 09:38 AM
lol, i'm a "special case".....hmmmmmmmmm...::scratches head:: i still haven't seen this magazine yet. just heard about it. keep checking magazine stands, but grr...still the last issue, hehe. it's ok, i'm a patient girl :)

GeneChing
12-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Girl, you've been a special case since you first showed up at our offices. And you still are, popping up at Chinese shopping malls and such.

As Shaolin cameos go, the *real* special case award must go to Shi Xingying, who showed up in both the Shaolin and Taiji Legacy write-ups. Note that if anyone remembers the Taiji Legacy shot, I was tucked at the edge of stage left, and Xingying nearly took my head off with that staff move. It's easy to make me flinch when aiming at the camera because I can't really see where a performer is through the digital lens, but it's unsettling to make me flinch because I feel the wind of the weapon zinging past my ear. :eek:

norther practitioner
12-06-2004, 10:44 AM
That was such a cool staff set too.. I saw that, I have to admit, I was laughing.

GeneChing
12-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Xingying was laughing at me as he did his aerial off the stage. I only do it for the laughs now, man...

norther practitioner
12-06-2004, 12:49 PM
That's probably for the best Gene...

:p

That was one of my favorite demos... despite the couple of mess ups. He's got an interesting "martial" spirit.

Starchaser107
12-06-2004, 01:29 PM
it was nice

spaz_dragon
12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
lol

canglong
12-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Just got my copy and I see the gang is all here.... Way to represent!

Shaolinlueb
12-08-2004, 11:14 AM
:o oooh

GeneChing
12-08-2004, 02:48 PM
You're such a glory hog...:p

Shaolinlueb
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
You're such a glory hog...:p

:o thats what im here for :) im showing it too all my coworkers and fellow students. lol. im riding my 3 seconds for all its worth :)

Pk_StyLeZ
12-08-2004, 07:29 PM
let edit the picture and leave *Pk_StyLeZ* out of there...=)

GeneChing
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
We're always happy to hear y'all are sharing your issues. There's a factor in magazine publishing called 'pass along rate' which is the average amount that readers pass along a single issue to other readers. Our pass along rate was calculated at 3-4. With your help, we can bump that up. The bigger, the better. ;)

David Jamieson
12-09-2004, 03:48 PM
what ya wanna do is give free copies to dentist offices and doctors offices.

that way, you'll hit a huge segment of the populace that are tired of reading 17 year old TIME magazines and 30 year old readers digest while they await the grimness beyond the green door!

and the pass along value will just spike like a mofo!

spaz_dragon
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
yay, i finally got my copy! :) and yes, i agree...having kung fu magazine in doctor's offices to read would be super cool!!!

GeneChing
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Sometimes I do place issues covertly in those public reading stacks at such places. They never seem to last long there. Some one either snags it or throws it away.

phoenix-eye
12-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Believe it or not, my wife just took some of my old martial arts mags (including KFTC) up to the local dentist.

They said they vere really pleased

but that was before they saw the sword, tiger fork, kwan dao, chain whip etc etc adverts

I can just imagine l'il tommy twisted teeth saying "mommy, mommy - I want one of those BIIIIIIG swords....waaaah, waaaaaah, waaaararaagh!!!"

and the look on her face.....

I bet the mags are in the bin already....

PE

GeneChing
12-10-2004, 09:55 AM
We appreciate your support. You know, every dentist office should be adorned with some medieval cold weapons...

David Jamieson
12-10-2004, 08:00 PM
You know, every dentist office should be adorned with some medieval cold weapons...

they are! that's what they dig in yoru mouth with! :p

GeneChing
12-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Gigi is just about to go. We have the same dentist, Dr. James Yu, a student of Lily Lau. I always joke with him that his eagle claw is good for pulling teeth. Anyway, Gigi just asked me if she had given him a copy of our Sword Special already or not (like I should know :rolleyes: ) and it reminded me of this thread.

BM2
12-23-2004, 06:46 PM
On pg 64 ,which is scanned by shaolinlueb, what club is it in the bottom left corner behind Pk_StyLeZ photo?

GeneChing
12-28-2004, 10:50 AM
You know, if you had asked me this a week ago, I would have been able to tell you, but I just cleaned my desk (or at least part of it) and I think I threw my notes on that out. The headmaster, who's name I can't even remember right now, had his own school (not a Shaolin school) but took private lessons with Lipeng. He was a really nice guy - even picked me up at the airport and we had a long talk as he tried to figure out where my hotel was, but right now, I'm blocking on names. I'll look around to see if I can find some notes, but I'm skeptical. Maybe someone else remembers?

Odin of Wei
12-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Nice pics!

Spaz is lookin good.

O_O
Aww, your a New Yorker! :eek: