PDA

View Full Version : US Kettlebell product review

fa_jing
12-04-2004, 06:54 PM
A couple guys from US kettlebell came by our kettlebell meet today, and brought one of their adjustable kettlebells. I have to say that it is a fine piece of equipment. The handle design is different from the Dragondoor kettlebells which could be good or bad. It is definitely easier to grip with two hands as well as take a side grip of the horn, like you do with a pistol. The drawback is that it is not optimized for KB sport, where the rounded handle is a bit more forgiving. Also, the length of the handle is a bit more than the DD model. I think it would be great for martial artists who are primarily interested in single-bell exercises, and want the ability to increment their weight without buying another bell. The weights go from 1 to 2 poods in half-pood increments, and the adjustment process is straightforward from what I could see.

Cost is 139.95 + shipping.

BTW, I lifted 2-2pooders 11 times in the long cycle competition. I am satisfied with my mark but not happy, I really wanted to lift the bells 12 times for a level 3 ranking. My legs gave up on me for some reason though. I hadn't trained specifically for the meet. There are some tricks I could have tried to increase the reps like holding the bells at my side, but I didn't want to do it.

FngSaiYuk
12-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Don't happen to have a link to the product, do ya (I'm feeling like IF and not wanting to google for it ::grin::)?

fa_jing
12-07-2004, 10:29 AM
http://www.uskettlebells.com

FngSaiYuk
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Wow... woulda got it on first try if I bothered... ::grin::

Tnx!