PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy shins

stubbs
12-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Where I've had a few bashes on my shins over time, I've got lumps where the initial bash caused my shin to swell in that area. The pains go and the swelling lessens but I'm still left with lumpy shins. Should I try to smooth these out by massaging them hard with a bit of tiger/golden cup balm or something, or just leave them?
________
MILF BOOBS (http://www.****tube.com/categories/768/boobs/videos/1)

Toby
12-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Same here. Small fractures, I think. I took advice from a recent thread on shin strengthening and I've been rolling galvanised pipe up and down them. I'm up to 10.4kg (23lb) now. It makes a world of difference to shin strength IMHO. Plus, the first time I did it it kind of rolled the biggest bump away a bit like a rolling pin :D.

norther practitioner
12-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Calcium deposits..

At least thats what I think they are.. I think they are actually a good thing for shin conditioning.

norther practitioner
12-06-2004, 10:41 AM
But I may be 1000% wrong.

SevenStar
12-06-2004, 10:48 AM
yeah, could be fractures and calcium deposits. I fractured my shin recently, and I have lumps on it now as well. They aren't extremely noticeable, but if I run my hand down my shin, I can feel them.

manofkent
12-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Dont know if its the same thing, but I broke my hand two yrs ago and i still have a lump where it broke. The doc told me that when u get a broken bone the area produces cells which stitch the bone together by joining on to one part of the bone and just multiplying. Your bone doesnt really know when its finished healing so it keeps on making more and more bone tissue. eventually for some reason it stopps and ur left with a lump ( this is good cos it means that the point where it broke is now stronger) The blood rushing over it will eventually take away the extra bit and make it smooth again. However there is not as much blood flow over some bones, like Stubbs's shin and my hand, and ur elbows, forarms, skul, etc... so the lump stays.

It may be that you damaged ur bone some how and the bone tryed to mend its-self.

Becca
12-07-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Calcium deposits..

At least thats what I think they are.. I think they are actually a good thing for shin conditioning.
Nope, you're 100% correct. I have a few of those, as well, on shins, and one ankle. Hurt very much bad when I get to over-doing it, but other than that, it just looks funny.

norther practitioner
12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
it just looks funny.

Thats OK, I'm sure noone notices in Comerce City.... ;)

Becca
12-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Yuppy...:rolleyes: :D