PDA

View Full Version : Portland, and the four gates.

PangQuan
12-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Hello,

I live in Portland, Oregon. I am curious in begining the practice of Chi Gung. I have done research, through Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's several books on this subject. Through advice in his books, I am not going to practice untill I find a teacher for this. I also, however, am only interested in finding a teacher who is at some point in time capable of "opening the four gates", as I plan to do this on a long term basis ie: the rest of my life. I am posting here in hopes that someone from my area, or someone involved with someone from my area, might be able to point me in the correct direction for traditional training.

Thank you.

stonecrusher69
12-08-2004, 09:40 PM
DR Yang books are very imformative,but there are some qi gong you could practice that is safe to practice and easy to learn like the Ba Duann Gin (8 pieces of Brocade) and others.The worst thing that could happen is that you don't get the full benifit from the set if you practice it wrong.But of course like for a good teacher also.

PangQuan
12-09-2004, 12:25 PM
I had been practicing some relaxation technique described in the Yang book "Roots of Chinese Qi Gung". It is the one where you regulate your breathing, then in acordance with the order in which each is used, you mentally relax your organs. When I reached my heart, I could really feel it beating, like I was my heart. It was so strange, such a new experience, anyway when I began to relax it, and I think I went too far. It stopped beating. I freaked out, shot straight up and started running. Since then I decided I need a proper teacher before I begin my training.:rolleyes: