PDA

View Full Version : White Ape Steals the Peach Seminar

Three Harmonies
12-08-2004, 08:29 AM
An open invite to all interested:

Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
Presents an Intensive weekend seminar in
Plum Blossom Praying Mantis
Learning the set “White Ape Steals the Peach” along with applications and drills.
With
Mr. Jake Burroughs
January 15-16, 2005
Saturday 12-4pm
Sunday 9am-1pm
Aikido Juku Dojo 1331 Juan Tabo,
Albuquerque, NM.

$75 Whole Weekend / Three Harmony and Juku Students $45 / Groups of 5 or more also discounted!
Contact Mr. Jake Burroughs for more info or to register:
three_harmonies@hotmail.com / 505-385-2987
www.threeharmonies.com

Bai Yuan Tao Toe or “White Ape Steals the Peach” is considered one of the most important forms in the Mei Hua Tanglang (Plum Blossom Praying Mantis Boxing), systems. This set contains some of the best and most effective techniques found in Mantis covering all ranges of combat including striking, kicking, locking, and of course thro
ws and takedowns.
This seminar is open to any and all levels and stylists, no previous Northern Mantis experience needed. This is an excellent introduction to the art of Plum Blossom Mantis and will give the beginner the necessary tools to build a solid foundation, while challenging the more experienced both mentally and tactically.
Praying Mantis Boxing is considered one of the most aggressive and unrelenting martial arts in the last 350 years, and has flourished with schools throughout the world. There are several basic families of Northern Mantis; Six Harmonies / Plum Blossom / Seven Star / Eight Step / Long Fist all of which are similar in theory and tactics, but have somewhat of a unique and different flavor in regard to forms and applications. Regardless of style Mantis is known for its speed and power using any and all weapons in close quarters. You will be learning this set from the Plum Blossom lineage of Hu Xi Lin, who in turn learned it from the legendary Ma Han Qin in Beijing, China. Mr. Burroughs is Hu Xi Lin’s third disciple.
Besides learning the entire “White Ape Steals the Peach” set, attendees will also learn:
• Basic Mantis fighting theory and history
• How to utilize proper stances in combat
• Applications and drills directly from the form
• How to bridge the gap safely, and effectively
• A bevy of throws, takedowns, and locks which are rarely taught in open seminars
This form is ideal for those who want to secure an understanding of the Mantis system, those who want a tournament quality traditional set (I have placed in over five different divisions with this set), or for anyone interested in becoming a better fighter in all areas of combat (Shuai / Na / Ti / Da). I hope you can join us in learning this wonderful traditional Mantis form!

For questions, or to register contact:
Mr. Jake Burroughs
three_harmonies@hotmail.com / 505-385-2987
www.threeharmonies.com

ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Mr. Jake Burroughs has been learning, studying, and teaching the martial and healing arts for over 13 years, and currently teaches the arts of Northern Mantis, Shanxi Xing Yi, and Qigong at the Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center in Albuquerque, NM. A recent graduate from UNM, and current student of the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics, Mr. Burroughs is dedicated to sharing the wonderful Chinese arts with any and all who are interested. He is Hu Xi Lin’s only disciple in the U.S. in the arts of Meihua and Liuhe Tanglang Chuan, as well as a student of Tim Cartmell in Song Shanxi Xing Yi and Sun Taiji. Mr. Burroughs has won several tournaments with this wonderful Mantis form, and believes it to hold some of the most essential techniques and theories in all of the Plum Blossom system.

18elders
12-08-2004, 09:05 AM
attended this with jake in tennessee in april. Great seminar, well worth it and very informative.

Judge Pen
12-08-2004, 03:50 PM
I attended this seminar in Nashville also. Awesome seminar and great instruction. I highly recommend it!

norther practitioner
12-08-2004, 04:32 PM
You need to do a seminar in Taos or something...

4 hours as opposed to like 6 something.

Three Harmonies
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
While Taos is beautiful and nice, it would end up costing me money in the long run (hotel, plus the fact that everything costs an arm and two legs....). Not to mention I would get near 0 participants. Come down to Albuquerque and have some fun with us NP!
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am still a work in progress, but I am very excited to offer the teachings of Hu Laoshi to everyone! Hope you can make it.
Anyone come in from the Nashville seminar, this seminar is a free refresher for you.

Cheers
Jake

Vajramusti
12-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Jake-

Good luck with your seminar.

Joy Chaudhuri

Shaolin Dude
12-08-2004, 10:54 PM
nothing like that good stuff happens in boston

yu shan
12-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I had the opportunity and pleasure to host Jake in Nashville over the summer. I highly recommend this seminar because in my eyes, Jake is a great teacher of PM kungfu. No stone will be left unturned. This Man really cares that you get it! The form has a good flow and is full of fighting material. And of course Jake will bring this to your attention. Well worth the trip! Jakes Shifu, Hu Laoshi is incredible. I had the chance to meet and train with him, Jake and Steve Cottrell... man what a weekend!

Three Harmonies
12-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Sifu Joy, it is nice to hear from you. Thank you for your well wishes. I hope all is well with you my friend.
For those of you who do not know, Sifu Joy is one of the top Wing Chun players I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. This man has forgotten more than most of us will ever know!

Yu Shan
Mucho thank you's my friend! It was my pleasure to meet and train with the Nashville locals!

Jake

bung bo
12-10-2004, 09:43 AM
I advise anyone that has the chance to go to go. Jake has a ton of Mantis info he is willing to share. He will help you all the way if you're sincere in wanting to learn. I learned this form from him back May of this year. He taught us a mantis forearm sensitivity drill that will help you a lot. It doesn't cost that much, either. Jake, thank for the VERY generous offer, but I can't go. Same as last time, my wrist is healing.:rolleyes: Anyway, it's a great oppurtunity.

yu shan
12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Jake

How many of the "White Ape" forms do you know? Thank you in advance.

Three Harmonies
12-12-2004, 08:16 PM
This is the only one I know, but I think this is also the ONLY one. I may be mistaken. Remind me and I will ask Hu Laoshi.
BTW Hu laoshi is coming back in March. Stay tuned.

Jake

yu shan
12-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Can we start talking about March? :cool:

Three Harmonies
01-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Yu Shan
Hu Xi lin laoshi will be coming in sometime during March, dates are soon to come.
Wanted to make one last call if anyone is interested in next weekends Bai Yuan Tao Toe seminar here in sunny NM. I still have room for more bodies. Contact me with any questions.

Thanks guys,
Jake:D