PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Acceleration is an important component since Acceleration move an object into motion and speed up the speed of an object in motion.

Wing Chun comes with a characteristic of "intercept" to delay; Intercept is about deceleration. Thus, Acceleration and intercept are a couple in this Duality world. Two faces of a Coin.

as for FAlling is an action,
How do sung (relax) Chen (sink) Zhen (wholesome align) related to action? How is the oftern heard, "train the SLT slowly, takes 45 mins..." ect to attain the capability to accelerate?

how is SLT train about the acceleration ? what was accelerated? What is the source of acceleration? What kind of platform/stance has to support the acceleration?

F=Mass x squal of Acceleration.

Isnt it Acceleration a very important component? WCK talks about Keng Geng (shock power) or Chuck Geng (speedy power), is it about the capability of Generating force in a very short period of time? is it about a capability of Accelerate instantaneously?

Since one can not change mass, but one can change Acceleration, thus one can change force. Thus, the thinner person can generate enough power to knock out the heavier person.

Since WCK is expert in Intercept, thus, WCK has to have a unique Acceleration system to avoid being intercept when other rush in for take down or being able to accelerate even when the motion is stuck....ect. that is about Flexible flow isnt it? Does it make sense for WCK only have the Intercept but doesnt have the acceleration? Form, shape, functions, Kiu Sau.... are all great. But without that capability to accelerate and excell. what different is makes between WCK and other southern CMA?

Does it make any sense? or I am having a day dream? or WCK has lost the silver bullets-- the unique acceleration process?

any thoughts?

PaulH
12-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I think the Yee or intention is the engine behind all the motion. It is the "I will" that set things in motion and acceleration. I'm not clear about the "I do" though! =)

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by PaulH
I think the Yee or intention is the engine behind all the motion. It is the "I will" that set things in motion and acceleration. I'm not clear about the "I do" though! =)

You can sit in a car, put in the Neutral gear, steeling the driving wheel with your Yee, and if you enginee is not running. where do you get to? ------Now here from the Power of Now? :D

common sense right? no secret cosmic power involve :D

PaulH
12-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I say Yee is the ignition key; the body the car; Qi the gas! =D

Marky
12-08-2004, 10:24 AM
If you have to move to a certain place in a certain amount of time, your average acceleration must be equal to or greater than a certain number. As the amount of time available to you is increased, your acceleration can decrease. So I am of the belief that timing is more important than acceleration.

"Isnt it Acceleration a very important component? WCK talks about Keng Geng (shock power) or Chuck Geng (speedy power), is it about the capability of Generating force in a very short period of time? is it about a capability of Accelerate instantaneously?"

If a car is coming toward you at 100 mph, and the driver slams on his breaks, he will be DECELERATING. But the car may still be going 30 mph when it hits you and you'll die. Conversely, you may punch someone when your fist is accelerating at 10,000 feet/second (impossible, I know), but if it only accelerates for .0001 seconds, your fist will have an instantaneous velocity of 1 foot/second. So I don't think acceleration is as important as everyone makes it out to be. Velocity (or speed) is much more important (as I noted above, you can be hit by a car that is decelerating, but still has a positive velocity, and you'll die).

But I could be wrong... I'm not sure if you're speaking from the scientific standpoint or more of a science/philosophy mixture approach.

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 10:25 AM
I say Yee is the ignition key; the body the car; Qi the gas! =D

how is your physical car accelerate?

Qi? that is for metalphysics?

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 10:35 AM
If you have to move to a certain place in a certain amount of time, your average acceleration must be equal to or greater than a certain number. As the amount of time available to you is increased, your acceleration can decrease. So I am of the belief that timing is more important than acceleration. ------

timing is certainly great.
but how do one get to that average acceleration greater then a certain number? even to get a proper timing one needs to be able to accelerate.

If a car is coming toward you at 100 mph, and the driver slams on his breaks, he will be DECELERATING. But the car may still be going 30 mph when it hits you and you'll die. Conversely, you may punch someone when your fist is accelerating at 10,000 feet/second (impossible, I know), but if it only accelerates for .0001 seconds, your fist will have an instantaneous velocity of 1 foot/second. So I don't think acceleration is as important as everyone makes it out to be. Velocity (or speed) is much more important (as I noted above, you can be hit by a car that is decelerating, but still has a positive velocity, and you'll die).

But I could be wrong... I'm not sure if you're speaking from the scientific standpoint or more of a science/philosophy mixture approach. -----------

Great illustration.
However, what happen when one is facing a boxer with a fast jab, a Grapper launching for take down, a Muay Thai's low round horse kick sweep, stuck in Chi Sau.... etc? one knows the opponents is going to over take one with speed, with momentum, with intercept....ect. So, can one even launch a punch /strike/ defence/ intercept.....walk in... without being intercept and take down or hit by the opponent?

how do one accelerate even just up to the speed for one to intercept what is coming?

I am not speaking about science/philosophy. I am speaking about does one have that speed and momentum when needed to engage or disangage in encounter or the sinfull word--- fighting.
how to get up to the speed if it is not about Acceleration?

Now, back to the question,
how do one get one's momentum or body or strike or intercep.....etc. to that average acceleration greater then a certain number?

How to do it? How is this even link to SSC GTO? it is human body we talked about not Qi and secret cosmic psycik (sp) power, isnt it?

just some blue sky thoughts

PaulH
12-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Qi is the life energy that keep you alive in this case. When I will, a thought is born instantaneously to accomplish the desired task. This very thought puts the Qi to energize the body (nerves, muscle, tendons, ligaments, bones, etc.) and BANG! I will the thought to its accelerating existence! As to how to accelerate/decelerate it to certain speed, how strong is your will? When there is a will there is a way, right? =)

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Qi is the life energy that keep you alive in this case. When I will, a thought is born instantaneously to accomplish the desired task. This very thought puts the Qi to energize the body (nerves, muscle, tendons, ligaments, bones, etc.) and BANG! I will the thought to its accelerating existence! As to how to accelerate/decelerate it to certain speed, how strong is your will? When there is a will there is a way, right? =)

Get a Gapper try to take you down while you are launching a punch. execute your Qi and Strong will and see if your punch got intercept and body being take down?

Try it.

PaulH
12-08-2004, 11:03 AM
I take it as you have better idea of acceleration. Let hear it! =D

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I take it as you have better idea of acceleration. Let hear it! =D

I think Acceleration of our motion is a part of our nature daily living. No? Everyone is doing it, No?

Dont you face an acceleration issue when you do a punch?
or it is so nature that you forgot about its existance?

PaulH
12-08-2004, 12:53 PM
I punch when there is a clear line with the speed and acceleration needed to do enough force damage. You just intuit this sort of thing, but I fail to see the connection of nature and how to accelerate/decelerate on your previous post.

yellowpikachu
12-08-2004, 11:52 PM
I punch when there is a clear line with the speed and acceleration needed to do enough force damage.

You just intuit this sort of thing, but I fail to see the connection of nature and how to accelerate/decelerate on your previous post.

some has a single speed heater and a heater is always single speed.

some has a multiple speed heater and enjoy turning into different speed as needed.

Some aware of the single speed and multiple speed.
some dont aware and dont care as soon as there is heat comes out.

will ken geng strike out similar to a TKD punch or a Boxing punch?

PaulH
12-09-2004, 10:44 AM
I think the difference is more on the emphasis of the role of Yee in their power delivery.

yellowpikachu
12-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I think the difference is more on the emphasis of the role of Yee in their power delivery.

boy, is this the mind over body . Keep thinking and one will levitate stuffs?