PDA

View Full Version : Ng family martial arts- Chicago

NickIF
12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Hello, I've been sent here from defend.net in search of info on this school. I've looked at there website and I'm interested in checking out their CLF classes. I've wrote an email and called, both to no avail. I'm mainly wanting to stand in on a class and see how it goes. Also interested to know if they do full contact sparring and pricing. If anyone here currently goes there please reply or write me a PM.

Thanks,
Nick

norther practitioner
12-09-2004, 09:13 AM
I met some of those guys in Dallas this past summer.. seem pretty good. But I don't really know southern.

IronFist
12-09-2004, 04:01 PM
One of my friends goes there. I went to a tournament where some of their guys were fighting. I think they're mainly CLF and Wing Chun. My friend does CLF there and he's a pretty good fighter. I'd recommend checking them out.

Ai Lek Ou Seun
12-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
One of my friends goes there. I went to a tournament where some of their guys were fighting. I think they're mainly CLF and Wing Chun. My friend does CLF there and he's a pretty good fighter. I'd recommend checking them out.

What CLF....but that's "traditional." He must use chi blast out of his arse to fight.

IronFist
12-09-2004, 05:58 PM
If you read my other posts more carefully you'd see that I said that some TCMA schools do produce good fighters and one of my friends who goes to a TCMA school (altho they mix in MMA) is a good fighter.

IronFist
12-09-2004, 07:36 PM
I just talked to my friend who goes there on AIM. He said:

tell dude to call on a saturday/sunday morning or on tuesday or thursday night.

So, call then, I guess.

NickIF
12-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
I just talked to my friend who goes there on AIM. He said:

tell dude to call on a saturday/sunday morning or on tuesday or thursday night.

So, call then, I guess.

Thanks a lot bro, got a hold of them tonight I'm going in saturday to check it out:cool:

IronFist
12-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Good luck.

GeneChing
12-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Phil is a member here - he goes by straightblast5. Last I heard, Phil was in Hong Kong doing movie work (in fact, he has a credit on Jackie Chan's New Police Story (http://store.martialartsmart.net/dvd10083.html), but after one viewing, I didn't pick him out. I'll have to watch it again and look for him). Anyway, there's also a few students here beyond Phil, so start by searching straightblast5, and maybe you'll find more Ng people. The Ng's are great people, very talented, very cordial, and produce many excellent students.

norther practitioner
12-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah, Phil and his whole crew is who I met on the shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

SevenStar
12-10-2004, 10:54 AM
There's another poster on this forum - shaolindynasty - who trains there.