PDA

View Full Version : A Client?!

Vash
12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Okay, here's the dilly-yo:

My grandfather's best friend has an obese, inactive grandson. He wants me to train him. He's willing to pay.

I'm going to talk to the owner of the gym with which my dojo is affiliated, see how much she's gonna charge me, and see how much he's gonna pay for membership.

Check it, a paying client. A client in whose life I can actually make a positive change. Party on.

I'll use this thread to BLOG his progress.

Toby
12-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Vash
A client in whose life I can actually make a positive change.You in his life is a positive change? :confused: :D

Congrats and good luck.

MoreMisfortune
12-08-2004, 10:28 PM
cool dude
but remember if the kid dude dont want or dont like, the kid dude will quit
the ol man cant just make a lil dude do the stuff cos he was the lil dude to do stuff if the lil one dont he just dont and he wont move and be stopped at times if he chooses to

but whats wrong with video games anyway?
its not like those will turn todays lil fat kid in tomorrow fat virgin dude, is it?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

oh crap :eek:

IronFist
12-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm going to talk to the owner of the gym with which my dojo is affiliated, see how much she's gonna charge me, and see how much he's gonna pay for membership.

Good grammar :) No ending a sentence with a preposition for you!

manofkent
12-09-2004, 03:30 AM
STOP!!!

Get a heart rate moniter before you do anything!!!!

He needs to get down to 30% (an estimate) body fat before he should do anything other than fast walking.

Maybe some tai chi or other internal ma, but if hes really obease he could have a heart attack before he works up a sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be carefull, but good luck. Its a really nice thing to do, he'll thank you for the rest of his life. So dont kill him!

Chief Fox
12-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey man that's awesome. I've often thought about getting certified to become a personal trainer.

So have you met with the kid yet? What's the plan? Do you plan to incorporate martial arts at all? What about other sports like basketball or raquet ball?

Just curious.

Vash
12-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by manofkent
STOP!!!

in the name of love

Get a heart rate moniter before you do anything!!!!

. . . No.

He needs to get down to 30% (an estimate) body fat before he should do anything other than fast walking.

I've never heard that before.

And I'm probably going to start him out on a GPP program for the first 3 weeks, get him into the groove, before hittin' him with the hard stuff.

He's still going to be vomiting between sets, but at least he won't pick up anything heavy.

Maybe some tai chi or other internal ma, but if hes really obease he could have a heart attack before he works up a sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . yeah. sure.

Be carefull, but good luck. Its a really nice thing to do, he'll thank you for the rest of his life. So dont kill him!

Thanks. I'm going to do my best. Whether he dies from it or not is his problem.

Seriously, thanks all for the good words. I've known the kid for a good little bit. I'm not going to incorporate MA yet, as I'm not experienced enough in it to be able to give anything worth anything.

Sport-specific training will be heavily incorporated; at least, in terms of basketball drills (I love those things).

The big thing is going to be his diet; he lives with his grandparents, and they eat 6 meals a day. ALL FAST FOOD. That's gonna hafta change.

stubbs
12-09-2004, 01:32 PM

The big thing is going to be his diet; he lives with his grandparents, and they eat 6 meals a day. ALL FAST FOOD. That's gonna hafta change.

I was going to ask about the diet side of it. Sure, it's easy enough to make him do the exercise while you're with him, but how are you going to motivate him to eat the right things? Are you going to make him go cold turkey or ease him into healthy eating?
________
HERBAL VAPE (http://vaporizer.org/)

WinterPalm
12-09-2004, 05:32 PM
I'd start him of HITT.

IronFist
12-09-2004, 05:34 PM
HIIT? That would kill a newbie, especially an older person.

rubthebuddha
12-09-2004, 05:43 PM
not hiit, but hitt:

High
Intensity
Taco
Training

which is what i wanna do now after today's squats, dls, saxons, and mountain climber tabata sprints. i'm craaaaaaaving a taco night, but i don't think i'll get it. :(

scotty1
12-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Post pics if he vomits.