PDA

View Full Version : OT: for you ambulance attacking europeans

red5angel
12-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Can someone from a country where this ahppens often explain to me why it happens? What is it about emergency vehicals in heneral that people are attacking them for?
Like I said in the last thread, it makes some, ridiculous sort of sense why people might attack police cars, but not ambulances and fire engines.

scotty1
12-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Don;t know why. But it's usually in places that you could call 'deprived' or 'lower-end' I would think.

Kids with nothing better to do doing it for a laugh because they're bored, lacking in parental attention etc.

Who knows? They're just little bas*ards!:D

Kristoffer
12-11-2004, 07:59 AM
I blame rap music

ZIM
12-11-2004, 11:22 AM
I blame America

monkeyfoot
12-11-2004, 03:53 PM
I blame rap music

if this was a joke then okay....it was slightly amusing. If you are genuinly serious then you are well.....you dont have a clue what you're on about.

Thats about as lame as the critics of marilyn manson blaming his music for the events that happened at columbine.
You talk alot of crap.

craig

CaptinPickAxe
12-11-2004, 04:55 PM
I blame MonkeyFoot

ZIM
12-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by monkeyfoot
if this was a joke then okay....it was slightly amusing. If you are genuinly serious then you are well.....you dont have a clue what you're on about.

Thats about as lame as the critics of marilyn manson blaming his music for the events that happened at columbine.
You talk alot of crap.

craig Au contraire! Rap music is responsible for these attacks!

Rap music was inspired by Break dancing, which in turn originated from the custom of stealing hub caps off moving ambulances.

See? Everything's connected.

Jeez, I feel like James Burke now.

MoreMisfortune
12-11-2004, 07:07 PM
i dont unsdstandddddddddd
some guy got hit by an ambuelacne? in erupe?

ZIM
12-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Nah, Red5 found out that Euros throw rocks at ambulances because they listen to Rap music.

You know, like: "Throw yo rox in the air! Hit the Ambo like ya jus' don' care!"

Mr Punch
12-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ZIM
"Throw yo rox in the air! Hit the Ambo like ya jus' don' care!" See!? That's crack rox. All those hiphopsters eat it you know. See, it is America's fault!?

PHILBERT
12-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Well, it depends the circumstances. When my brother worked as a paramedic, he knew entering areas that were generally lower class could be gang area and he could be picking up a gang member and taking them to a hospital. A rival gang sometimes attacks the ambulance then to prevent them from getting the gang banger.

Kristoffer
12-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by ZIM
"Throw yo rox in the air! Hit the Ambo like ya jus' don' care!"

lmfao

Liokault
12-12-2004, 05:16 AM
This happens because we dont draft our no hope kids into the army at a young age, to go kill civilians, the wounded and protect the interests of the mega rich.

I blame Tony "yes boss" Blair.

Mika
12-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Monkeyfoot, u bet, Kris was DEAD serious :D :D :D

Besides what Philbert said, ambulances can be seen as representatives of "authority" (both in what they do and because they usually are linked to the government), so this ill logic can lead to random acts toward them. Us humans are animals, too, and act in weird but somehow predictable ways at times.

//mika

Kristoffer
12-13-2004, 08:35 AM
u know it M-Man

and I guess the lack of authority plays a part like ppl above me have stated

Shaolinlueb
12-13-2004, 12:26 PM
maybe its the pikey's???

scotty1
12-14-2004, 01:16 AM
lol, pikeys

Prolly another subset of British culture, the "Townie Git"

Kaitain(UK)
12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
it's usually chavs that are doing it.

scotty1
12-14-2004, 05:01 AM
www.chavscum.co.uk

Becca
12-14-2004, 05:51 AM
I get it now... You's talki' 'bout Hicks and Rednecks!:D I still live Jeff Foxworthy's definition the best: Aglorious absence of sofisticashun. :p

scotty1
12-14-2004, 05:53 AM
That pretty much nails it.

Kaitain(UK)
12-14-2004, 07:07 AM
chavs are generally violent, travel in packs, wear horrible clothes and glory in ignorance.

They also have a strange liking for mopeds with blue neon lights on the underside. Go figure.

Becca
12-14-2004, 08:17 AM
take away moped and replace it with half rusted out, early 80s Scottsdale style Chevy pick-up truck with the exhaust stacks from a semi, gaigantic off-road tires that are dryrotted and bald, the add the fact it's bumper is in the back of the truck and you'd be talking about our version.:D

Kaitain(UK)
12-14-2004, 08:37 AM
don't you guys suffer from hordes of Von Dutch/Burberry wearing eejits as well?

Why have we been singled out to suffer this plague? I know we're historically not the nicest nation going, but noone should suffer such urban tribes on a nationwide basis.

Horrible little *******s

scotty1
12-14-2004, 08:46 AM
I hate them.

The proper ones I mean, the really offensive ignorant f*ckheads.

I use them as inspiration to keep me going when the sweat's pouring and the legs are wobbling.

Grrr. C*nts. :mad: :D

Big_Phat_Wong
12-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Liokault
This happens because we dont draft our no hope kids into the army at a young age, to go kill civilians, the wounded and protect the interests of the mega rich.

Neither do we. What's your point?

Becca
12-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Von Dutch/Burberry wearing eejits You got me with this one. I'm not sure what it means.:confused:

Kaitain(UK)
12-15-2004, 05:35 AM
eejit - it's an Irish word for a complete idiot (bit ruder than that)

Burberry and Von Dutch - fashion brands that chavs wear. Also to be seen worn by spoilt American teenagers.

Liokault
12-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Big_Phat_Wong

You dont for a second think I was talking about America do you? Why the defensive stance when I didnt mention your country once?

Kaitain(UK)

Why have we been singled out to suffer this plague? I know we're historically not the nicest nation going, but noone should suffer such urban tribes on a nationwide basis.

Historically, not even in the top five.

Our best invention to date is the concentration camp.

Becca
12-15-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Kaitain(UK)
eejit - it's an Irish word for a complete idiot (bit ruder than that)

Burberry and Von Dutch - fashion brands that chavs wear. Also to be seen worn by spoilt American teenagers.
Ah. That would be how you spell that. My Great Granny was born and raised in County Cork and would scream something that sounded like "eydjit" at us while chasing us our of the kitchen if we made her cakes fall. Taught me to cook some very good food that most Americans wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. :D

And the teens around here wear Tommy Hilfiger and anything that says Usher on it, or has weed depicted. :rolleyes:

Becca
12-15-2004, 06:23 AM
And to add to the actual topic of this thread... A middle-aged man was arrested yesterday in Denver proper for screaming obsenities and the throuwing bricks a a passing fire department truck.:D I'll se if I can find a link if you really want one, but I ain't gonna bother if you don't.