PDA

View Full Version : another interesting piece

shirkers1
12-11-2004, 02:43 AM
http://chinwoo.lifehome-china.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11

So looking through the chin woo site I found this article by Mr. Pel. I tried to access some other things but apparently I have been deleted from the chinwoo's member list and can't read up on them anymore.

At what point does this become an issue of defacing someone else publicly and also an issue of slander? I don’t see it as helping the mantis community at all. These are personal attacks in my book. I may or may not agree with what was said in the article, and to me all of that is lost by the blatant rudeness involved in the posting of these articles. The way it's brought to the attention of others is blatantly offensive to the individuals involved. I myself wouldn't take it very lightly, if you have a problem with me then address me. Don't go to great lengths and post an article on a web site for all to see. It embarrasses that individual and frankly the person writing it should be just as embarrassed. Once again class act material Mr. Pel.

Mr. Pel, any one can sit back and say everything else sucks. There is always going to be material that is lower in standards. The only thing you as a “representative” of traditional praying mantis teaching is put YOUR material out there for the public to see so they can judge for themselves. If there is nothing but “rubbish” in your words floating around then why not be a positive impact and put some “proper” mantis out there for the masses to see?

GermanMantis
12-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Well spoken Shirkers!

Frogman
12-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Wow, that is pretty blunt. I happen to enjoy the clip, as I recently learned a 7* form and was having a hard time with the footwork. I found my way to GBL’s website and watch the chip many times. There is no doubt that 7* movement is different then WL and I was able to see that in this clip. ???I sure hope I wasn’t being misled. :rolleyes: I don’t know enough about the form or the movement to judge it, but my white monkey steels peach not only feels better but it looks better as well. This sort of information sharing is highly commendable. I would be interested in seeing Mr. Pel’s version of the form in question so that I may see the difference. I was not able to find any photos or video clips on the chin woo site.:(

On a side note about 7* PM: I was in the LA area last week and stop by a school in Lomita. I met Sifu Manuel Marquez, he was very nice and I could tell by the floor and the weapons that they train hard. The train hall was not very big but it was well used. He was interesting to talk to, having a strong background in martial arts and even he invited me to class, to train with his students. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to make it back. My biggest disappointment during what was in all a great vacation. I am happy that I did at least stop in and it shows me that there truly is fellowship in the Kung Fu community.

Thanks again, Sifu Manuel I hope the offer still stands:)
http://www.shaolinlomita.com/

Tommy

RibHit
fm

SaMantis
12-11-2004, 07:24 AM
I think Mr. Pel has discovered something ... I think he has figured out how to slow down time at will. Because he sure has a lot of time to sit around tearing down other people's kung fu.

All he's really done is prove (twice, so far) that he's still quite immature regarding -- well, just about everything. Not just kung fu. Very sad. :(

Three Harmonies
12-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Funy thing is he is disrespecting his own teacher. Apparently Lee Kam Wing Approves of this individual, but I guess he did not get approval from his STUDENT Pel!!
Shameful!

Jake

-N-
12-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by shirkers1
I tried to access some other things but apparently I have been deleted from the chinwoo's member list and can't read up on them anymore. They changed their policies to require all members to register with their real names instead of nicknames. You just have to re-register.

N.

shirkers1
12-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks -N- I will ty to re apply. I figured I could look in on the chinwoo site to see if anything was ever posted of "real value" but the only thing I could find was negative posts and stories from mr pel. Hope to see some positive stories soon.

mark s duhon jr

yu shan
12-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Pel has put out very interesting information. I enjoy this research when it is kept positive. When it turns to negative... I`m gone. If the Pel group could only turn all this energy to a positive thing for the masses! Could you imagine the outcome? Can you give me an address in Shanghai? An address that you can actually be found at. You can respond by pm.

Beng Bu partnered form clip: I enjoyed this clip, even though it looks like it was put up for all the wrong reasons. Shameful!

Baji Brad
12-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Cool video! :cool:

Hua Lin Laoshi
12-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Don't know if I'm kicked off the Shanghai website but last time I accessed it I got a message to request a name change in keeping with thier 'no aliases' policy. I sent a message asking for the change (over a week ago) but now I can't get on with my real name or my alias. Maybe he's afraid we'll flood his forum.

Edit: I just re-registered. Let's see if I'm accepted.

MantisZombie
12-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Pel, being kicked out of LKW's organization brings up the question of under whom is he a master ??

& if this is so, what claim does he even have to be a "Master" at the ChinWooMen organization?

Possibly listed under the same category as "and is without doubt the most knowledgeable Praying Mantis master alive today."??

ARGH! too many questions, nopt enough answers.

shirkers1
12-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Well see this is where things get tricky. Just because someone doesn't have a title (i'm not saying he does or doesn't) doesn't mean they aren't qualified or have skills. The problem is that there is nothing being given to the public by this group showing their credentials. IE performance videos or representation in the states so others can judge for themselves what they have to offer. I know for a fact that there are supposed masters out there who just plain suck, so the proof is in seeing someone move, etc in person. Not hear say or what a piece of paper says.

Now maybe this group doesn't feel like they have to show anything and that's fine. But if this is the case then you can't go about saying everyone else sucks and you're the only true school without showing us why.

daohong
12-13-2004, 03:36 PM
we are trying to organize a trip to shanghai this spring.

yu shan
12-13-2004, 09:35 PM
On my next trip to Taiwan, I want to make a side trip. If I`m going this far, might as well. My first choice would be to meet Master B. Tunks, we shall see. But Shanghai woud be cool also.

ninjaboy
12-13-2004, 10:47 PM
i hope you guys let me know when you'll be going to shanghai. i am in ningbo, about 3 hours south of shanghai and would dig the opportunity of crossing some hands with anyone willing to get together. i live for that stuff.

please pm me if you put any plans together

sincerely,
neil