PDA

View Full Version : wtf @ this lawsuit?

IronFist
12-12-2004, 02:49 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wfaa.com/041119_1800backupsuit_am.wmv

Are those people dumb or is it just me? This lawsuit sounds like total BS.

Cliffs Notse: A guy backed his SUV over his daughter and now they're suing because "it didn't come with a camera to let you see what's behind you when you're reversing."

BM2
12-12-2004, 07:47 AM
It is easier to blame otheres for failues than to accept responsibilities ourselves.

David Jamieson
12-12-2004, 09:14 AM
word...but that is also a double edged sword

digitalmantis
12-12-2004, 10:20 AM
I hope they don't get a dime , that's just plain stupidity on the driver's behalf.

WanderingMonk
12-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I hope the car company change the suv design. there have been many cases in which children were ran over by their parents backing up the suv. you simply can't see kid behind you in a suv if the kid is less than two - three (?) feet tall.

yes, the parent is to blame, but if this lawsuit force some modification in the design, then it is not really that stupid.

digitalmantis
12-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I just feel that technology cannot replace human common sense. Why can't people take 3 seconds to look behing (under their vehicles before entering and backing up)? Before SUVs there were conversion vans, you couldn't see behind those either. No one ever complained then. Too much technology makes us stupid and lazy.

Shaolinlueb
12-12-2004, 11:31 AM
yeah the parents are to blame.

but if some changes are made to vehicle it would be good. but parents are stupid.

TonyM.
12-12-2004, 12:01 PM
The parents should be charged and prosecuted for neglegence. The DA should also consider Malicious prosecution charges.

Vash
12-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by TonyM.
The parents should be charged and prosecuted for neglegence. The DA should also consider Malicious prosecution charges.

The correct just got legislated all over this thread.

SanSoo Student
12-12-2004, 08:48 PM
I wonder where they get the statistic of 100-250 kids get run over a year....:confused:

Vash
12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SanSoo Student
I wonder where they get the statistic of 100-250 kids get run over a year....:confused:

That's my average.

norther practitioner
12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by WanderingMonk
I hope the car company change the suv design. there have been many cases in which children were ran over by their parents backing up the suv. you simply can't see kid behind you in a suv if the kid is less than two - three (?) feet tall.

yes, the parent is to blame, but if this lawsuit force some modification in the design, then it is not really that stupid.

Yeah, but it is the same for a lot of cars now too... depending on how tall the kid is, but aren't most car trunks or the level of sight through the rear window like 3.5 feet now. When we do sight distance calculations in transportation, I believe we use ~3.5 ft. for the eye height of the driver.

MoreMisfortune
12-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Vash
That's my average.

lol!! :D
you get 100 bonus points for every 5 in a row