PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ my research!!

Royal Dragon
12-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I just figured out that the Last move of my first Tai Tzu form is the opening to the first move of my second Tai Tzu set. It's seemless. Don't know why I never saw that before.

The significant thing, is I got the first form from a lineage out of Hong Kong, and the second is the main set from a Taiwan lineage.

However, even though the two lines are about as unconnected as can be considering the history, the two forms still connect as if they were originally one long set.

I've seen this in forms from the same line, but this is the first time I have ever seen it across two lines that probably weren't related since the Ming dynasty. It's also the first time I have seen this from two lines not geographically or lineagely connected.

Does anyone else have forms that seemlessly string together like this? I know the 10 hand sets is like this, anyone else?

IronFist
12-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Cool. How long had you been practicing those forms before you realized that? :)

Royal Dragon
12-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Several Years now. I've never done them back to back like today though. I allways set aside a session for one, or the other. I was just playing today, and decided to run through these two sets one after the other. After about 10 reps, I forgot to stop and do the bow, and just jammed through, and there it was!!

IronFist
12-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Nice :D