PDA

View Full Version : yall bible lovers where did the peeps of Nod come from?????

diego
12-13-2004, 09:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

god created adam and eve and then they bore cain and able...cain slew able and was sent out and met his wife in the land of nod...who the **** created the nod peeps and why is it not in the bible was they fuc-king high mang???

Genesis 4

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. 6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. 8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. 9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? 10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. 11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; 12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. 13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. 15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. 16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. 17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. 18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech. 19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. 20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. 21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ. 22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah. 23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. 24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold. 25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

diego
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
if cains wife came from his rib...the city of nod had a lot of incest goin on homeys and that ain't cute!.:)

Ben Gash
12-13-2004, 09:59 PM
A not very difficult question, but with some interesting thoughts as side issues. Cain and Abel were Adam and Eve's first sons after they left the garden. However, it does not make reference to Children born in the garden, where they were for hundreds of years (no death within the garden). Therefore it is reasonable to extrapolate that the people of Nod were Cain's own great-great-grandnieces and nephews (kinda freaky I have to admit).
On the inbreeding front (A) within the garden man had no knowledge of good and evil, and (B) the genetic problems with inbreeding are caused by increased likelihood of defective genes matching together. However, if Adam and Eve were physically perfect then they would have had no defects to pass on, and such things wouldn't be an issue for several generations.

diego
12-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gash
A not very difficult question, but with some interesting thoughts as side issues. Cain and Abel were Adam and Eve's first sons after they left the garden. However, it does not make reference to Children born in the garden, where they were for hundreds of years (no death within the garden). Therefore it is reasonable to extrapolate that the people of Nod were Cain's own great-great-grandnieces and nephews (kinda freaky I have to admit).
On the inbreeding front (A) within the garden man had no knowledge of good and evil, and (B) the genetic problems with inbreeding are caused by increased likelihood of defective genes matching together. However, if Adam and Eve were physically perfect then they would have had no defects to pass on, and such things wouldn't be an issue for several generations. hm, so they were in the garden for hundereds of years before cain got kicked out eh...missed that part

Ew tho nonetheless....:( :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

:eek: freakz

Ben Gash
12-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Cain was never in the garden :rolleyes: he was born in the world.

diego
12-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Cain was never in the garden :rolleyes: he was born in the world.

how dare you rolleyes at me defending ya freaks:D

i'm bhuddist so i care less about a bible, someone pointed it out tho so i decided to look into it.1

Ben Gash
12-13-2004, 10:27 PM
:D

diego
12-13-2004, 10:37 PM
:D

Alright then:cool:

David Jamieson
12-14-2004, 06:58 AM
guys, it's an allegorical tale. Not a literal one. Unless you live in the Southern USA, Utah, Italy or Spain, the creation myth is just that, a myth used to fill a gap where no other explanation is available.

yeesh

Royal Dragon
12-14-2004, 07:23 AM
I allways thought he they just bred with the Neanderthals, and that was the bibles way of saying "Evolution is real, so stop arguing about it!!".

Water Dragon
12-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
Unless you live in the Southern USA, Utah, Italy or Spain, the creation myth is just that, a myth used to fill a gap where no other explanation is available.

yeesh

Now that depends. Is a "day" a strict 24 hour period, or is it a concept that marks a period of time with a distinct beginning and end?

David Jamieson
12-14-2004, 07:30 AM
1 day = 1 revolution of the planet as it orbits around the sun.

24 . sumpin sumpin hours.

Water Dragon
12-14-2004, 07:39 AM
A "Day" can also be used to mark a period with a beginning and an end.

If God created created the Heavens and the Earth, that could be considered one "Day", even if it lasted millions of years.

Think about how limited knowledge was back then, and then consider how close they got to evolutionary theory.

First He created Heaven and Earth, then dry land appeared out of the ocean.

Plants and vegetation were created before fish and birds. Fish and birds came before mammals. This is all in line with evolutionary theory. Finally came man, who has been proven to be very young by evolutionary standards.

All created in a "day" which was probably not intended to be a revoltuionary cycle in the story.

David Jamieson
12-14-2004, 07:48 AM
allegory has been assisting the limitations of language for some time now.

red5angel
12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Unless you live in the Southern USA,

the south has nothing to do with it. The north, the east and the west can be just as bad. :rolleyes: But you must have known that seeing as your such an openminded and liberal sort of guy....

Water Dragon
12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod, one night sailed off in a wooden shoe;
Sailed off on a river of crystal light into a sea of dew.
"Where are you going and what do you wish?" the old moon asked the three.
"We've come to fish for the herring fish that live in this beautiful sea.
Nets of silver and gold have we," said Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod.

The old moon laughed and sang a song as they rocked in the wooden shoe.
And the wind that sped them all night long ruffled the waves of dew.
Now the little stars are the herring fish that live in that beautiful sea;
"Cast your nets wherever you wish never afraid are we!"
So cried the stars to the fishermen three - Winkin', and Blinkin', and Nod.

So all night long their nets they threw to the stars in the twinkling foam.
'Til down from the skies came the wooden shoe bringing the fisherman home.
'Twas all so pretty a sail it seemed as if it could not be.
Some folks say 'twas a dream they dreamed of sailing that misty sea.
But I shall name you the fisherman three - Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod.

Now Winkin' and Blinkin' are two little eyes and Nod is a little head.
And the wooden shoe that sailed the skies is a wee one's trundle bed.
So close your eyes while mother sings of the wonderful sights that be.
And you shall see those beautiful things as you sail on the misty sea,
Where the old shoe rocked the fishermen three - Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod.

rubthebuddha
12-14-2004, 09:23 AM
ickle me, pickle me and tickle me can kick the **** out of linkin, blinkin and nod :mad:

David Jamieson
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
i see sarcasm is something you are as yet unfamiliar with red5.

but that's ok, you don't get a lot of stuff seeing as you're a close minded redneck. :p

Water Dragon
12-14-2004, 09:27 AM
At least he doesn't pig out on ham and tell everyone it's bacon.

David Jamieson
12-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I can't believe you guys still can't tell the difference between ham and bacon.

anyway.

this is ham (http://www.honeyassociation.com/ham.htm)

and

this is bacon (http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~jungle/gallery/bacon.jpg)

are you guys getting it yet?
yeesh, always on about the bacon / ham question!:mad:

next thing you guys will be saying that pork chops are ham or tenderloin...man, some stuff gets a different name because of teh cut you know. and the process.

Water Dragon
12-14-2004, 09:52 AM
heh

KC Elbows
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Unless God said "Let there be light" and said it real slow, it's allegory, regardless of what a day means in the text.

Like all good bible discussions, this has quickly descended into arguments over the eating of swine.

And technically, Red5 is not a redneck, as he has a weenie dog. Were he a true redneck, the only dog that small he would allow would be the pink stuffed one that belonged to his twelve year old wife. And he wouldn't have time for this website, what with having to spend all that time calling in local news radio to complain about the lack of prayer in the schools the people he had elected were underfunding anyway. Oh, and he'd be pretty busy citing newsmax in his blog.

Assuming there were no tornadoes or WWF events nearby.

HopGar
12-14-2004, 07:31 PM
So here's a simple explanation based on my knowledge of the "old testament"/ Torah combined with knowledge of hebrew"

"Nod," is a hebrew word for a wanderer. The verse translates from hebrew as "Kayin (I'm using the a transliteration of hebrew) left fro before G-d and lived in the land of the wanderers, to the east of Eden. Note that earlier in book of genesis the Adam went to the same place.

Additionally, the verse in the original hebrew says "eretz nod," which means the "land of the wanderers." This does not mean a city. If it meant it a city, the verse would have used the word "ir" (pronounced "ear") which means city.

That's a quick explanation

More to come, if y'all want to know more.

(Diego, send me a PM and I'll explain it a bit better)

Peace

HopGar
12-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Here's a more elaborated explanation:

"Nod," is the hebrew word for a wanderer. The verse translates from hebrew as "Kayin (I'm using the a transliteration of hebrew for names) left from before G-d and lived in the land of the wanderers, to the east of Eiden." Note that earlier in the book of genesis (Berei**** in hebrew) , Adam went to the same place. Additionally, the verse in the original hebrew says "eretz nod," which means the "land of the wanderers." This does not mean a city. If G-d meant a city, he would use the word "ir" (pronounced "ear"), which means city.

As for the day issue, the talmud does say (I can't recall the source) that a day by G-d is 2000 yrs on earth, so the period of time could have been much longer than what most people interpret it to be.

Diego, the verse doesn't say anything about Kayin's wife coming from his rib. He more that likely married his sister (when there are basically no people on the planet, these things happen.)

According to many commentators, Adam, Chava (Eve), Kayin, and Hevel (Abel) all came into existence on the same day. Not only that, but with in that one day, Adam and Chava sinned and were booted from Eiden. Then again, based on the above paragraph about time during creation, it could have been much longer,

I won't go into much more about this unless people want it

Peace

diego
12-14-2004, 10:42 PM
thanks for the replies yall...thinking of a simpsons episode when buddy is eating a hot dog and another guy comes in all like "hey how is your pig's anus taste" lol

you guys eat hog-azz!!! nasty

has anyone ever heard of a vegan jeffry dahmer?...was wondering this the other day...if everyone was vegan this planet would be a lot nicer...i mean heat it up and put ketchup on it and it's still pig's anus..........nasty!!!

heard about a day to god can be considered in the thousands...peep rza flipping mad scriptures from bhuddist to muslem:
Artist: RZA
Album: Birth of a Prince
Song: A Day to God is 1,000 Years (Stay With Me)
Typed by: CnoEvil@Wu-Lyricz.Com

“I wanna stay with you, forever”

[RZA]
Yo, yo, the A-1 sauce, the Divine Force
My mind blind force is known to blow time off course
Even, if I rode around the world on a blind horse
Strapped down, I'd still get my point across
Allah is father of all
You debate whether big, whether small
Whether short, whether tall
Whether dense, whether length
Whether strength, whether width
Either man, animal, bird or fish
Whether, black or white, more shapes than snowflakes
Existin', everywhere but you still can't locate
The man of steel couldn't bend me
Time couldn't end me
Even the great devil Satan that tried to befriend me
Understand the equality, God in a bodily
Form, lettin' my knowledge be born
Lettin' my knowledge be born...

“I wanna stay with you, forever”

[RZA]
Yo, yo, yo
I be the fatal flyin', I'm like NATO flyin'
Over your country and droppin' down forty tons of iron
Filled with explosives, your chance is hopeless
We have your head poppin' up like the blowfish
I'm not talkin' Hootie, nigga pass the zootie
I could bag the cootie, maybe smoke the ootie
The runaway train with no track
I got the heart of Faye Dunaway whippin' that child with the coatrack
T.V. droppin' bombs or droppin' germs
Baby moms in the courthouse, she's droppin' terms
Guns go off, bustin' all directions
D.J. choose, another ****in' dope selection

"...with you forever..."
"Like the corners of my mind...."
"I wanna stay with you, forever"

[RZA]
Yo, the pen is mightier than the sword, as I face my worldly challenge
In the scale of justice and my heart remains balanced and neutral
My respect for all men is mutual
As my thoughts surpass a level to which you devils compute to
You've been given the chance to hear the true and living
So do the knowledge, son, before you do the wisdom
So you can understand, how the thunder and
Lighting above your head is caused by the Son of Man
We experimentin' with high explosions
That cause the place to quake and the surface erosions
The earth produce lava like the mouth produce saliva
This wisdom goes deeper than your scuba diver
In search for the pearl jewels sold to Tiffany
My verbal heart symphony will strike the epiphany
Insight, ignite, and then men might, see love and hell
Hell and right, then excel, to be masters of your circumference
First, by obtainin' mastery of your common sense
This supreme wisdom clears a man's vision
You can see it through the lies and the fantism
Of the equivocal, two-faced political individual
Who's only out for residual, fabricatin' lies
To eradicate the wise
But we come to civilize and gravitate to the skies
Of the heavenly celestial sphere
Trust me, son, it's dear, in between your ears

[Chorus 2X: RZA]
A day to God is a thousand years
Men walk around with a thousand fears
The true joy of love bring a thousand tears
In the world of desire, there's a thousand snares

"I wanna stay with you forever" (2X)

MasterKiller
12-15-2004, 07:27 AM
Yeah, but Adam was pounding Liluth long before Eve came along. Once God kicks her out for not obeying Adam, Eve comes in to pick up the sloppy seconds.