PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting Sifu/Simo for Christmas?

couch
12-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Just wondering what everyone is getting their Sifu/Simo for Christmas?

Make sure that your teacher doesn't visit the forum before you post!

Peace,
Couch

norther practitioner
12-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Um, a lump of coal...

Seriously, a kung fu movie.

SaMantis
12-14-2004, 11:56 AM
My school usually does a "group gift," we decide what to get sifu and buy one present from everybody. That way we can get something really nice, and sifu doesn't get inundated with little kung fu statues, kung fu movies, kung fu hamster dolls ... etc.

sean_stonehart
12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Stuff... but since he read the forums... just stuff...

norther practitioner
12-14-2004, 12:50 PM
kung fu hamster dolls

I got that two years ago...lol, my dog loved to chase that thing when i'd press the sing button then throw it around

HearWa
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Since he loves movies and I'm out of ideas I'm getting him and his wife a card and gift certificate to the local movie theater.

PaiLumDreamer
12-14-2004, 01:21 PM
I got my tai chi instructor a nice candle, my fighting instructor a book about fishing (he likes to fish), and my main instructor a neck pillow thing (hes getting surgery, thought it would help give him support) as well as a pretty cool cup warmer/cooler. It would be good for his office, I thought.

PangQuan
12-14-2004, 03:58 PM
I purchased the chinese character for WuShu/GongFu, writen on rice paper with ink and brush, the artist is a calligraphy teacher out of california. Then I purchased a frame, painted the frame red, (his favorite color, signafying good fortune), I then matted the art into the frame and painted the matting with a textured stone motif. Oh, I will also get him a card.

norther practitioner
12-14-2004, 04:23 PM
WuShu/GongFu

Which one? Or both?

Both are two characters...

yenhoi
12-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Gift certificate to grochery store and early dues.

;)

Becca
12-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Home-made candy. He's the orriginal bachaler and loves anything that has "home-made" in the name. Some give other types of home-made things like from-scratch egg rolls and stuff. Then we sit back and watch him try to shed non-existant pounds for 6 weeks after the hollidays.:D (He's one of those people who couldn't gain weight if you put it on him with a weight vest.)