PDA

View Full Version : For those who train in dim mak, or Iron palm

Ali Hamad Rahim
12-14-2004, 02:48 PM
For those who train in dim mak, or Iron palm. what is your best way in attacking the heart meridian? I like dealing with the arms because they seem to be the closes thing to you. There are several nerves that you can hit when blocking or grab when grappling. What are your experiences dealing with dim mak or Iron palm, and what meridians do you like too attack, if not the heart, and why? Then hopefully we can get into more about the points and how to hit them, using your wing chun structure.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

yellowpikachu
12-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Ali Hamad Rahim
For those who train in dim mak, or Iron palm. what is your best way in attacking the heart meridian? I like dealing with the arms because they seem to be the closes thing to you. There are several nerves that you can hit when blocking or grab when grappling.

What are your experiences dealing with dim mak or Iron palm, and what meridians do you like too attack, if not the heart, and why?

Then hopefully we can get into more about the points and how to hit them, using your wing chun structure.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

1, which heart meridian? hand has a few heart related meridians. what are you trying to achieve?

2, if one have Iron palm why bother to go for meridains? any place is a great strike target.

3, wing chun structure or not dim mark depend on the control of power issuing. so, what kind of power generation and acceleration do you talking about?

just some thoughts.

old jong
12-15-2004, 01:09 PM
I have to admit that I know next to nothing in the "dim Mak" area!...I prefer to concentrate on everyday's natural targets like the nose,tip on the chin,troat,vagual nerve,temple,solar plexus,knees, you get the idea...I do train on iron palm but I put a lot more efforts in making my footwork/striking connection and body unity better.There is no end for progress in that field.

I prefer to rely on a solid punch,able to cause hurt on a less perfect and precise target that having to be 100% accurate in a serious combat situation. IMO...;)