PDA

View Full Version : Dim Mak vs BJJ

Ford Prefect
12-17-2004, 07:45 AM
http://www.mmablog.com/files/tma.wmv

This is an oldie, but it's still good. A news station in Chicago asks the local Dim Mak master who was featured on Ripley's Believe It or Not to demonstrate his skills.

FngSaiYuk
12-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Heheh, good one... I love the whole 'they've learned how to absorb and direct the energy' explanation.

IronFist
12-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Someone needs to set up a qi blast vs. BJJ fight.

red5angel
12-17-2004, 10:23 AM
well this guy, like many others will continue to claim it exists, hiding behind the "fact" that it doesn't affect everyone. :rolleyes: Of course other so called qi believers will claim he doesn't know what he's talking about, hasn't had enough experience, or some other such dumb @ss excuse to cover their own butts.

FngSaiYuk
12-17-2004, 10:53 AM
What's really bad is that it affects his students... which means something in their training makes them susceptible... I'd consider that a rather major weakness.

Ford Prefect
12-17-2004, 11:08 AM
FSK,

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they are affected because they want to be affected, and they it to be real. You know what I mean?

red5angel
12-17-2004, 11:12 AM
I think they're all fukking faking it. Watch most of them when they fall back, they react as iftyhey were concious, moving their feet and hands back to break their fall.

Ai Lek Ou Seun
12-17-2004, 11:14 AM
I guess that insulating layer around his midriff "stores up" the chi:rolleyes:

red5angel
12-17-2004, 11:28 AM
don't you believe in this crap ai lek?

FngSaiYuk
12-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
FSK,

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they are affected because they want to be affected, and they it to be real. You know what I mean?

Heheh, yah, reminds me of a scene in 'euro trip' where the 2 kids go into a coffee house/pastry/snack shop and order the 'magic brownies' thinking they're THOSE kind of magic brownies since they're in amsterdam. They get all trippy and then when they're told that they're normal brownies they snap out of it, put their clothes back on and apologize...

Things are as real as you think them to be I guess.

Ai Lek Ou Seun
12-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
don't you believe in this crap ai lek?

Yeah...uh huh...:rolleyes:

Newb
12-17-2004, 11:48 AM
I believed it for a sec thinking 'WOW! Fat guys can master ancient Kung Fu techniques too!!!'

Did any of you guys play Final Fight on the 16-bit Super Nintendo? This was this fat fighter who had a rolling attack, reminds me of him. -=P