PDA

View Full Version : kfm songshan meeting in nyc?

oasis
12-19-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm heading up there from christmas through the new year, and was thinking about dropping in on one of the shaolin schools if they are open. it's my first trip to ny. anybody interested in perhaps meeting up in central park for a practice?

MasterKiller
12-20-2004, 07:16 AM
hehehhe

NYC in December? You won't be working out in Central Park, bubby. :D

Wear your long johns. I was there in X-Mas 1999, and it was like -10° the whole time. My wife's family lives right next to the Bronx zoo.

oasis
12-20-2004, 08:07 AM
lol. you're so right MK. i wasn't really thinking :o i just figured doing some xiao hong quan or lian huan quan in the snow couldn't be too bad, huh? nonetheless, i'll be glad to practice indoors.

richard sloan
12-20-2004, 10:10 PM
well we're at 678 B'way, and I think a few of the other guys moved into the area around us for some strange reason...

come on down.

p.s. it is BRICK outside right now.

Shaolinlueb
01-03-2005, 05:09 AM
if its in the summer time, ill come down.

oasis
01-03-2005, 10:56 AM
thanks for the invite richard. i went all over manhattan and other parts of nyc but never got a chance to visit the school. incidentally, it was interesting to see alot of shops in chinatown carry back issues of old school ma magz.

MK, you would have been surprised at the weather. aside from when i was freezing my butt last monday on top of the empire state building, the weather the rest of the week was remarkably nice, and perfect for practicing in the park ;)

richard sloan
01-06-2005, 02:13 AM
yeah you got lucky on the weather tip...tonight we have an ice storm...maybe next time!

chinatown is pretty awesome. I like it in the morning when the shops have all the fried buns and tea eggs out...

MasterKiller
01-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by oasis
MK, you would have been surprised at the weather. aside from when i was freezing my butt last monday on top of the empire state building, the weather the rest of the week was remarkably nice, and perfect for practicing in the park ;) Figures. It was so cold when I was there that I actually saw a dead frozen bum around Time Square. They were carting him off in one of those big clothes hamper carts that hotels use!