PDA

View Full Version : Need browser option help (I think)

Royal Dragon
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Help!!

Ok, I have a laptop, and my PC. Both have Windows 2000. My company website works on my laptop, but not on my home PC (Although it did two weeks ago)

When I open my personal page for my assignments, I get a page with several links on it. One is for my assigments for the day. When I click on the link in my laptop, they come up, but not when do it on my home PC.

When I click onproprties of the link on my home PC I get this

javascript:fillcontent(4);

Java counsel shows this.

Error: content.style has no properties
Source File: http://doan-chicago.appraisalassignment.com/display/index.cfm?fuseaction=summary
Line: 889

but no actual page of assignemnts.

I suspect it is some sort of browser/security setting deal but I'm lost as to how to find it. Any ideas guys?

I really need to be able to do this page from my home PC, as my printer is set up on it. I'd like to be able to use the printer without having to transfer wires back and forth all the time. I am setting up a router for this reason too, so I can just keep my home system hooked up and running all the time.

What I want to do, is just dock my laptop long enough to up load esitmates I wrote in the field, and that's it. I want a quick plug it in, hit the upoad button, and shut it down kind of thing going. Right now, I have to pull the comuputer out of it's spot, un hook the printer, wire it into the laptop, and then print. It's too much of a pain in the butt.

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't get the page for my asigmnets to come up on my home PC when it works on the laptop?

Any help would be appreciated, THANKS!!

SifuAbel
12-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Do you have java script turned on in your options?

FngSaiYuk
12-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Are you using any anti-spy ware, virus scanner or anti-popup utility that is configured to block pop-ups or cross frame javascripting?

Check that you're up to date with your IE components including whatever security fixes are out. Virus scan your system. Disable anything that runs at startup, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't work, contact your company's support team. They may be more help.