PDA

View Full Version : Protein, milk

Meat Shake
12-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Okay... So I know that your body accepts protein a lot better when its with milk, but what if your body doesnt like milk?
It makes my nose and my ass run. Thats no fun.
Any suggestions?

Toby
12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't get on well with full fat milk. I drink a no fat variety and find it's fine. Tastes kind of watered down compared to full fat. Tried no fat?

MantisFistMonk
12-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Mix it with water.

Reggie1
12-22-2004, 10:54 AM
You could always try lactose free milk. Or soy milk. Or rice milk. Or the dreaded goat's milk.

The lactose free milk really helped with my nose and arse problems. It still does make me gassy, though.

IronFist
12-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Your body accepts protein better when it's with milk?

Spark
12-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah i've never heard that one

stubbs
12-22-2004, 12:48 PM
I think I read somewhere that raw milk digests the protein better because of all the enzymes in it that helps break it down. Most milk we buy gets heated to kill everything off. I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes though.
________
Desoto Desoto (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/DeSoto_DeSoto)

Meat Shake
12-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Yeah... there are certain enzymes in it that help...
Been reading through my copy of "The anabolic primer"...
Pretty interesting stuff in there.
Kinda like how egg yolk makes more of the protein in the egg useable.
I dont know enough to go into specifics... Im more directing my studies towards music again, hence asking here instead of doing a lot of research.

In any case... Ill give it a shot, I guess Ill just go with 1 water, 1 no fat, 1 2% every day... Should help.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Toby
12-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
I guess Ill just go with 1 waterDunno about your powder but I can't mix mine with water. Tastes vomilicious.

Meat Shake
12-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I got muscle milk this time...It actually tastes pretty good with milk. I just try to look at it like vanilla yoohoo when I mix it with water... But yes, its disgusting. A bit easier to chug however...