PDA

View Full Version : Settling the Debate once and for all!

red5angel
12-22-2004, 08:18 AM
It's about time we got down to some serious discussion on this forum!

norther practitioner
12-22-2004, 08:21 AM
I voted Simpsons purely off of longevity...

I think that as a whole, the Family Guy is right there as funny, but they didn't have the following to continue.

David Jamieson
12-22-2004, 08:25 AM
its apples and oranges...

or more like, apploranges...

family guy copped a lotta style of the simpsons.
simpsons set the bar.

fg is good and in time this poll would have some deeper meaning attached to it. The kind of meaning where you would have to leave and meditate on a mountain for several years before finally returning to answer...and then discovering that it was no longer available to be decided upon.

that is if you could take a break from watching tv, drinking beer and masturbating.

happy xmas

red5angel
12-22-2004, 08:27 AM
now ay dude. It's more like The Simpsons "scalpel" to the Family Guys Saw. The Simpsons, while admittedly low brow humor can be somewhat subtle and hilarious. Family Guy seemed to think throwing a fat naked guy into every show was somehow "subtle". It was like The Simpsons for retards.

Judge Pen
12-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Stewie vs. Bart? Advantage Stewie.
Peter vs. Homer? Advantage Homer.

David Jamieson
12-22-2004, 08:36 AM
yes but what of Brian vs Lisa?

i think it would be chris vs bart and stewie vs maggie.
and of course lois vs marge.

so weigh that up.

hmmm, it appears the simpsons are weigh in front. :D

Kristoffer
12-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Family Guy is a bleak copy of Simpsons. You have to be a retard to vote on them

Ray Pina
12-22-2004, 09:05 AM
This is easy ..... Simpsons. No doubt about it. How can you even compare the two?

yutyeesam
12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Family Guy = MMA
Simpsons = TMA

Judge Pen
12-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
yes but what of Brian vs Lisa?

i think it would be chris vs bart and stewie vs maggie.
and of course lois vs marge.

so weigh that up.

hmmm, it appears the simpsons are weigh in front. :D

Stewie and Brian are the best of the Family Guy. Quagmire is great too. Other than those three characters, the Simpsons are better.

FuXnDajenariht
12-22-2004, 09:55 AM
then yeeshus ima retard. :D i think that show is hilarious tho. i was always a go against the norm type of guy. i know everyone has simpson nostalgia but family guy has its moments. to its credit i laugh alot harder watchin that show than the simpsons. some episodes were lame, but episodes of the simpsons are pretty **** stale too so.... seeing as it only lasted a couple seasons u can't really compare it to a 12 year long run.... stewie owns by the way. :p

FuXnDajenariht
12-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
now ay dude. It's more like The Simpsons "scalpel" to the Family Guys Saw. The Simpsons, while admittedly low brow humor can be somewhat subtle and hilarious. Family Guy seemed to think throwing a fat naked guy into every show was somehow "subtle". It was like The Simpsons for retards.

since when do you care about being subtle? :p

Newb
12-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Compare the Simpsons episodes that were being aired while the Family Guy episodes were being aired. Family Guy episodes were much funnier than the new simpsons episodes.

Family Guy is a piece of modern trash 'Genius". I had my first Simpsons T-Shirt in the 4th Grade, shortly after the Xmas Special that pushed it on it's own show, instead of on the Tracy Aldman Show. Simpsons has secured it's own title. It is king, and everyone knows it. However, throughout the 16 years of Simpsons History, it has had some really sucky episodes too. The ratio of funny/not funny episodes, Family Guy has the Simpsons beat. Family Guy is SO contraversial, that Fox never give them fair time to begin with. They *always* changed the date and time, most of my friends complained about never being able to see it.

It is time for some fresh blood. Although Simpsons will remain the king, Family Guy gets my vote.

WanderingMonk
12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
family guy was canned once and now on the rebound.
simpsons have never been canned until it finish its run at the end of this season.

bart was the original bad boy who was banned from US schools. in some area, kids weren't allow to wear clothing with bart on it in schools. It quiet down after bart became less of a rebel and just your regular under-achiever. finally, a classmate of mine had a shirt featuring homer return home after a hard day of "work". homer on the shirt glows in the dark when you turn down the light. you can't beat that kind of product tie-in.

Royal Dragon
12-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Simpsons, no question

Mr Punch
12-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Simpsons. No question.

Never actually seen the Family Guy, so it can't be worth watching.

Was Tracey Ullman ever actually funny over there? We hated her, that's why she buggered off.

MoreMisfortune
12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
south park

"hey kyle... you're a jew" lol :D

SevenStar
12-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
Stewie and Brian are the best of the Family Guy. Quagmire is great too. Other than those three characters, the Simpsons are better.

Agreed.

FuXnDajenariht
12-22-2004, 10:06 PM
lol yea south park owns any cartoon so thats not a fair comparison. and beavis and ******** are the original bad boys by the way. bart is smalltime compared to them.

i haven't seen alot of shows so they must all suck. :p

FatherDog
12-23-2004, 11:02 AM
If you look at the Simpsons as a whole vs Family Guy as a whole, the Simpsons is better, without question.

If you look at Family Guy vs. only the seasons of the Simpsons that were on the air while Family Guy was on the air... well, that's up for debate. Simpsons went downhill a LOT in recent years.

Kristoffer
12-23-2004, 11:39 AM
true, they shouldv'e ended it some time ago.

tug
12-23-2004, 12:42 PM
I voted Simpsons purely off of longevity...

Exactly.

Family Guy is funny as sh!t, but Simpsons takes it.

Who was asking about Tracey Ullman? Well, no she wasn't funny at all. That's why her show tanked and Simpsons went on to be bigger than even she could've expected.

red5angel
12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I'd do Tracy Ullman. Atleast I would have, I have no idea how she's aged.

red5angel
12-23-2004, 12:49 PM
http://www.hwired.com/tullman/

oh yeah, I'd still do her.

tug
12-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Uh, NOT!

red5angel
12-23-2004, 01:09 PM
http://www.hwired.com/tullman/

oawwww yeaaahhhh, I'd be on her like a rat on a cheeto.

David Jamieson
12-23-2004, 01:45 PM
comedian, NOT beauty queen.

but, whatever floats yer boat i guess. :p

http://www.hwired.com/tullman/turntomom.JPG

red5angel
12-23-2004, 02:34 PM

who wouldn't want to climb that mountain?!

SevenStar
12-23-2004, 03:16 PM

I dunno... I think she's kinda hot in that pic...

http://www.hwired.com/tullman/traceyskirt200.jpg

omarthefish
12-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Mat
Simpsons. No question.

Never actually seen the Family Guy, so it can't be worth watching.

Was Tracey Ullman ever actually funny over there? We hated her, that's why she buggered off.

wheew....I was beggining to think I was the only one.

I pretty muched quit TV about 6 years ago.

scotty1
12-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Never seen it either.

Voted Simpsons though!

PHILBERT
12-23-2004, 09:32 PM
I hate that stupid saying, apples to oranges. PEOPLE COMPARE 2 THINGS ALL THE TIME.

Hell when I go to the grocery store I debate between buying an apple or buying an orange.

Buying applejuice or buying orangejuice.

When you buy a new car, you debate between 2 cars sometimes. I debated between a sports car and a luxury car. Being 21 I bought the sports car. :D

And I voted Simpsons because, while Family Guy is just as funny, it takes jokes and runs them out way too long. The fight with the chicken, or the part where Peter had the charlie horse for like 2 minutes.